I feel blessed. I don’t need many glossy design magazines anymore! I can totally rely on my many talented and creative blog friends to keep me interested, inspired, current and well informed about the best design sources. So today, I am opening the doors (read: forcing myself in without ringing the door bell!) to seven blog friends homes to share what new interior projects have kept them busy lately. (More friends will be stalked for sure!).
1) First up my dear friend Nancy. She wanted to give her lonely looking living room wall a makeover. She and Hubby and a creative friend measured, leveled and cut out some inexpensive MDF strips and with some serious elbow grease they took the wall from this…
To this! What a masterpiece! A whole different room! (More here).
2) The lovely Erica recently gave her living area fireplace a new look with marble tile. She took it from this…
To this! How absolutely divine! Note: she is still deciding on the mantel piece. (More here).
(Erica is not only super stylish she is also incredibly generous. She recently featured a mouse box from my store on her blog, which led to a BIG design name picking it up for a magazine. Hope to show you soon!).
3. I have mentioned the friendly, upbeat and (oh so energetic!) Tina and her incredible home/castle/mansion before. Folks, you need to follow her weekly – Thursday – home updates. (She is moving in with her family in November. Now that is when the real fun begins — when she will begin to decorate her fantastic home).
The new kitchen is going in. (This is just a tiny corner…).
And the kitchen eating nook. Look at that amazing architecture!
Tina just presented me with a Versatile Blogger Award. What an honor! Thank you so much Tina! But all the fantastic blog awards should really go to you.
4. My close blog friend Greet is busy with many design projects for picky, sophisticated clients. She has started to share moodboards for a living room and dining area she is working on.
Here is one of her inspiration images. I LOVE this room. So stunning. And leaving it to Greet will make it even more amazing! Follow her! (More here).
5. The talented (and witty!) Ms. Sherry is constantly showering us with all kinds of lovely projects she is working on. In many cases it is just a matter of simple and smart styling, without breaking the bank, to get the mega bucks look.
She took a client’s eating area from beige…
To chic! (More here).
6. Wonderful Casey showed us what she did with a guest room. (Not her own but belonging to a client). I absolutely LOVE the cozy feel and the colors & textures! Very, very nice!
And this is what it looked like before. Talk about a transformation! (More here).
7. And then finally my close blog friend Donna who soon will share her master bedroom re-do. She just shared a sneak peek of her new vanity. She found an antique, gray painted chest which she had converted to hold two sinks. She wanted something old as a focal point in the brand new bathroom. Can’t wait to see more of this! Mixing old with new is so my melody. (More here).
One of the friendly editors over at Houzz (over 600,000 ideabooks are stored at Houzz and many industry designers show their portfolios without any image overlap) asked if they could feature my home. The feature went live yesterday.
Thank you Vanessa and Houzz! Many of you have already seen areas from my home (I need to take more images and show what new things I have been working on!) but I have many new readers who might be interested. Hop over here and say hello, if you have a moment!
Hugs to you all & happy cyber hopping!