The inspiration file is staring at me — fat and un-opened. I need more hours in the day! Hopefully when all three kiddos are settled on their yellow school buses, the day after labor day, this Mama will find some time to dig into that pile. (Yes, this will be in addition to giving three bedrooms new makeovers this fall. Can we all spell b.u.s.y!).
5 Top DIY Candidates
1. A Photo Collage with old photos somewhere in my house would be fun. (I would avoid putting tacks in them, though). (Note to Stacey: perhaps something for your old Parisian gems!).
2. Ok, how fun would this be! Anybody can lend me a studio to splash around in? I would name the art piece “Blog Stressorama Relief”. Anybody care to join me?
3. Shopping for a vintage cheese-box is in the cards. I would turn it into an unique nightstand table for the guest room (we get at lot of European, cheese loving visitors!).
4. I have several very pretty Hermes scarves handed down to me from my city chic Mom. At least one of them I should have framed. They are so decorative and in my case filled with lovely memories and Mama’s perfume.
5. Ok, I get a little excited about this. This inspires me to find a GIGANTIC (5 times bigger than this), round, vintage something (a wheel?) and attach all those pretty Holiday cards for the whole family to enjoy. (It needs to be big and easy to put those cards up or it is pretty useless in my book). I envision a REALLY fantastic display piece that is so clever that it will be used for years to come
my kids will fight over it one day. Yet another reason to spend more time at antiques shops and salvage yards!
Finally, my own DIY project took me a whole 30 seconds this weekend (I told you I need more hours in a day). Two old prints attached to clipboards. Voila! A small but different touch.
Hugs to you all.
Next time you will be hearing from me, we will be CELEBRATING! You’ll see!
Images: No. 1 via Home Design, no. 2 via San Antonio Rose, no. 3 via Me & Alice, no. 4 via DesignSponge, no. 5 via Marcus Design, no. 6 via Martha Stewart, no. 7 via Splendid Willow.