I have been going back and forth a zillion times on how to update our guest suite. I know I want the room to be soothing, fresh and classic looking with a good mix of old and new. Just came across this picture and I love everything about this bedroom!
What I am attracted to (look closely – it is not the best picture):
1) The simplicity of the room.
2) The colors: yellow and black mixed with browns and whites.
2) The tufted headboard (every single bed at our house is upholstered – but not one is tufted!).
3) The contemporary lamp mixed with an antique chest and heavy duty iron urns.
4) The planted trees in the window.
5) A bold rug.
6) Simple, non fuzzy silk panels for a little bit of flair.
The shopping can begin! Some sources to start with:
Headboard at Restoration Hardware.
Artimede Tolomeo table lamp at The Conran Shop. (Comes in 2 sizes).
Stenciled zebra rug at Live Like You.
Handsome, double lined, well made curtains can, as we all know, cost a fortune. I came across the shop Martha & Ash at Etsy who custom make lovely, lined, panels without the hefty price tag. I might try them this time around.
Now for that yellow throw/blanket/coverlet. It really gives the room a little color pop – and I will look long and hard for something nice and unique. (I will most likely add an upholstered chair with some more of that yellow color).
Coverlet via Crate & Barrel.
I am not sure you like the room as much as I do. (You are probably all yawning!). But to me this room is so calming and also pleasing on the eye without a lot of stuff (to dust!). This one will be my inspiration room for sure.
Happy new week!