Mar
2013

I Go Nuts For

Sorry for my absence in blog land lately. Busy, busy with business and new projects. All good and very fun! I will share soon.

Design magazines have been piling up — and quite a few have dog ears in them. Here are some top design contenders that ended up in my personal inspiration folder.

1. Contrasting side tables

This pretty, soft pastel infused London home has made its rounds in blog land. What immediately caught my eye are the pretty side tables. I want them all. 1) A section of a plaster pillar, 2)Marble topped (Heavenly!) iron table (I am thinking perhaps a little DIY project?), 3) Curvy bronze side table. The three together = home run.

2. LOVE the color palette

(and any r.e.l.a.x.i.n.g living room)

Lots of white mixed with warm rust, orange, brown and black. Fresh, crisp and inviting. Wanna put my feet up.

3. Le Corbuiser’s iconic leather chairs

I sigh every time I see them. Designed in the 20′ s folks, and still going mega strong. And you know how nutty I am for Cognac colored (sounds WAAAY more interesting than Cinnamon – cheers!!) leather. One of these days…. They only look better after years of wear.

4. Rustic bench

That’s it! Next time I see a large, pretty, rustic bench at a flea market/auction — I am grabbing it and moving it inside! A functional statement piece.

Hugs to everyone. I have some serious e-mail & blog catching up to do.

Images: no 1. via Splendid Willow, no. 2 via Living Etc., no. 3 + 4 via Skona Hem, no. 5 scanned via Domino Small Spaces Spring 2013.
Written by Splendid Willow in: I Go Nuts For | Tags:

• Kim Grey says:

I love everything about the top room, especially that pink sofa and the tables. Also love the rustic bench. That would be great for a porch or an entryway. Thank you for the inspiration!

Hi Mon,
    I am glad to see you back here!
    Beautiful pictures you posted todayè Love the color palette in that Swedish living room! Oh dear! And that chimney piece is wonderful!
    The Corbusier seats are to die for!
    Have a great start of this new week my friend!

• Hi Mon, interesting interiors..like the second one with the burnt oranges and brown touches against the white, its done beautifully. Hope you are well and glad you are busy, busy! Take good care…

Luv that “cognac” leather, too…wearing boots that color today…more snow. :( franki

Splendid Willow Reply:

Franki – I need your boots! Crazy obsessed with that color… Happy new week! Mon

• Monika,
    I’m happy for you, to be a “good” busy is always fun. What pretty rooms, thanks for sharing.
    Karen

Beautiful rooms. I always always love the images you find. They all have a sophisticated, lived in, aged, modern European vibe that makes you want to go live in them. Hmm I guess what I’m saying is your tag line? You say it better –Edgy classic with a Swedish twist!

• designchic says:

Such a gorgeous room – love the pair of chairs ~ So happy you’re so busy!!

• Marianne says:

Will keep my eyes open for a bench while I’m out and about!

• hi mon. always a treat to read your posts and eat up your images with my eyes! i’m lovin that first living room too with its charming side tables, each one special and telling a story.

thrilled to hear you are busy with bizness cuz in my world, bizzy mamas are happy mamas…less time to dwell on what is out of reach, more opportunities for living in the moment!

love to you and hope to talk soon.

• Hi Mon! Love that relaxing living room photo! I’m so busy I could use a relaxing space to park off in- we’re in drywall dust and plaster messes at the moment.
    Have a great week:)!
    Sarah

This is good that you’re so busy, busy is so good! I too have been collecting way too many tearsheets and just went through them. Every time I go through my binder which holds them all, I get re-inspired all over again. These interiors are gorgeous, I love the warm wood tones with the blacks and whites. That bench is to die for! Looking forward to seeing more!

• leslie says:

Yes.. busy is good! :)

I like those side tables and the top and that living room with the orange and browns is beautiful. The colors look gorgeous against the white background. Love that rustic bench! What a great statement piece in an entry.

leslie

• The pink chesterfield sofa is knock out…hello gorgeous..
    I agree I love a mix of end tables versus matching.
    The family has such a relaxing quality to it…I like that
    it has both a cool modern feel but also has a warm comfortable feel
    as well. The perfect mix!
    Donna
    thebeneblog.com

• Oh, so much beauty here, sweet Monica. I love these textures too.
    Hope that all is well in your world. I have been crazy busy too!
    Have a wonderful weekend.

• thinking of you, sweetie! hope you and yours are well. your friend, donna