A Home For A True Art Connoisseur

This post is written especially for my x-boyfriend, Mr. E, who has a very impressive art collection. (Still after so many years he is one of my best friends and also a close family friend). He taught me almost everything I know about art and the meaning of it.

Whether it is your “style” or not, look closely around this amazing home. It is hard to see what is wall art and what is architectural details! Look again at the doorway leading to the “yellow” dining room. (I thought it was a painting at first). Also observe the green wall/fireplace mantel in the second image. A beautiful and very well curated art collection in a home embracing each and every piece!

(The photo art of the man studying a painting should really be hanging in my home. Perhaps I can create a similar piece by photographing a family member in an art gallery I love and blow up the image myself!).

Hugs to you all. And hello to so many new readers! It is a true honor to share my inspirations with you.

Inspiration and image credit: Desire To Inspire.
Written by Splendid Willow in: Art & Antiques |

How ARTistic!! I’m loving anything architectural (at the moment) and these pieces, as shown, have wonderful lines, balance..beauty!

• designchic says:

I am such a fan of all types of art and the more statement making the better – adore the last image!! Happy Friday, Mon!

• these are beautiful, monika, and illustrate how personal art pieces make a home. I think the homeowner has done a wonderful job in keeping the furnishings “calm” and neutral, allowing the art to stand out. love this place to pieces. donna

• Holly Irwin says:

As an artist, this post is speaking my language! My idea of the perfect room……..big walls with large canvases hanging on them, plenty of space to enjoy the art, no clutter, furniture takes second seat to the art! (sounds like an art gallery…….)

Oh just fabulous art. I would have never known about the doorways unless you said something!!! Fun post to read!

• Hi Mon,
    Beautiful is the word. Love the art and really loving the clean modern feel…. Hope you are doing well!

• This place is absolutely amazing- LOVE the large scale art!!!

• Linda says:

I LOVE this post! Thanks for sharing. The man studying the painting is splendid! (pun intended!). Thanks for continuing to inspire me!

• Natalie says:

The art is spectacular but I am in love with those green walls and fireplace!

I just love looking at art …… not all art but when there is a piece that grabs me, I can sit and stare at it forever. I often wonder why I don’t make my own …. not sure if I could stare at my own are and get the same happiness I do with someone else’s.

• the green room makes me smile with its chubbylicious sofa and modern mix of materials. learning about art is a lifelong education, yes? right now there is an incredible ‘momentary installation in white’ out my window as the trees are glistening with silvery snow. it’s all around us!

smiles to you sis.

Konst är viktigt ! Ibland tror jag inte att jag har nog med väggar för att hitta en plats för de tavlor jag har och de jag önskar att jag hade :)

Jag hoppas att allt är bra med dig !!

• Please lock me in the green room, and throw away the key!! All so beautiful,a nd the perfect backdrop for art!
    I hope that you are doing well, sweet friend.
    Happy Monday.

• I love the way the art is displayed in this space. The whole room becomes a work of art because of the careful placement. I’d love to make a little art gallery in my home; just looking for the perfect spot!

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL