Feb
2013

Orange And Pink For My Daughter’s “New” Bedroom

The one and only”Rothko”, sure knew what he was doing.

Full speed ahead with all my big projects and so little zero time for any domestic design fun right now. My two girls are patiently waiting for their long overdue room re-do’s and keep dreaming about how their new nests will look and feel. My eleven year old wants a “good vibe Swedish” bedroom. And my nine year old longs for a happy room with “not too much pink and absolutely no purple”! Swedish I can handle but the happy room has given me a major brain freeze. Until last week when I ran across these darling burlap pillows. I showed them to my nine year old who was weepy happy over the color combination (and that her Mom finally has started to move a little)! Yeah, I feel we have the perfect room inspiration piece!

The entire room will be designed around her existing floors and these new pillows. I think you can see where I am going with this. A happy but soothing bedroom! And just the perfect amount girlie!

Pink and Orange + (creme/white) rock together! Very “tasty sorbet”!

More Pink and Orange loveliness:

(Personally I need lots of white for these colors to work perfectly. Otherwise I feel it will be one heavy sorbet…).

Back to the pillows, I found them at World Market while looking for a great step ladder of all things. I LOVE the pattern and the fabric (they are well made and come with zippers). And they cost so little it is ridiculous. (I would have paid a lot more but don’t tell World Market!).

Speaking of lovely fabric.

My good blog-sis Donna with A Perfect Gray hit a home run with her chair makeover. She found this sad French chair for a song at a Thrift store…

… and gave it a much needed makeover (beautiful fabric and gray paint).

Lovely or what! 5 stars Ms. Donna! Hop over here for the entire post.

Hugs to you all.

Images: No. 2+3 via Splendid Willow, no. 4 via SF Girl By Bay, no. 5 via Flex Inredning, no. 6 via Tory Burch Blog, no. 8+9 via A Perfect Gray.

20 Comments »

• HI Mon! Love the orange and pink, they its going to be so fabulous…such a fun and uplifting color combination. The fabric is gorgeous..now going check out the chair redo, love seeing a good before and after. Enjoy your day!
    The Enchanted Home recently posted..Early week musings…….

[Reply]

• monika. what a lift you have given me today. I was delighted to see your new post pop up and yours was the first site I hit this morning, I was THAT glad to see you back. I did a little jump over your daughter’s new room palette – my favorite “fun” combination.

But then I saw your sweet feature of my chair. what can I say? you are the MOST generous and sweetest lady in cyberspace.

I am in constant awe of your home and projects, so this means the world to me, mon.

love and thanks! donna
    a perfect gray recently posted..a little gray minute for your monday

[Reply]

Love pink and orange!!! Great color combo. Two of my fav two colors :) . That chair is fantastic. Happy new week!

• Holly Irwin says:

That Rothko painting got me in the mood to jump right into my studio and get to work! Thank you! I’m with you on needing lots of white to balance these powerful colors, but I love them….particularly those fabulous drapery panels and that orange sofa…….
    Holly

[Reply]

It just reminds me so of our sunsets that go from orange, to coral, to pink, to that purple gray. So many days we have absolutely “pink” clouds agaist that blue, ah, Mother Nature!! franki

• Emily says:

What pretty pillows…perfect inspiration for your daugther’s bedroom! Love that chair makeover…heading over there now to check out her post… Thanks for sharing these gems!
    Emily recently posted..Monday Musings: Raw Honey Skincare Regimen, Part II

[Reply]

Beautiful colors, beautiful pillows, beautiful redo. Your posts are always so inspirational, Ms. Mon!

ox JC

• Bianca says:

First of all, I love love love the combination orange/pink. I can’t wait to see the rooms you are going to create for your girls! Second, the post about the chair was much needed inspiration (or a good kick in the beh…) to finally tackle my half undone sad chair that has been sitting in my bedroom for way too long. I am on it!

Splendid Willow Reply:

Bianca,

I paid attention to your chair at your house (a similar green one, right?). And I want to post about YOUR redo – so yes, get on it!

Hugs, Mon

[Reply]

• I agree with you Mon-lots of white with your orange & pink and I have no doubt it will be lovely!
    Hope all is well :)
    Sarah

[Reply]

Cannot wait for the reveal. How lucky your daughter is ……. off I go for a strawberry and orange sherbet. So refreshing. Love it.
    Tracey recently posted..Quince Fine Florals feature in House Of Fifty

[Reply]

• tasty sorbet is tres parfait! what a lively combo for miss thang. she will feel energized to create and finish all homework in that room i bet. i love winter for these sort of projects!

loving those mismatched curtain panels too. they look so tumbledownlovely with their young don’t-you-dare-iron-me attitude.

always a beautiful day when my blog is visited by my swedish sis and i get a peek into her life right here.

love.

michele@hellolovelyinc recently posted..J’adore MILIEU!

[Reply]

LOVE it! Great color combo in that pillow hmmm a carpet design brewing…
    LiveLikeYou recently posted..Inspired Dining Spaces

[Reply]

• The orange sofa is outstanding! It’s such a perfect shade. Great colour combo for your daughter’s room. It’s very sophisticated and bright. I agree with the lots of white though, keep it fresh and modern and away from being sickly sweet.

[Reply]

• Great colour combination, not too girly and young, but trendy and totally cheerful. Room 4 with the gorgeous drapes and pink chair looks sooo dreamy. I agree, a lot of white is necessary so as not overdo it and make the room feel small, but accenting the white room with funky bright furniture will look fantastic – good luck. I have to do my daughters room soon, so great inspiration.

• Marianne says:

Cannot wait to see her new room! I love the pillows you found and can’t believe they are from World Market! They are perfect! xo
    Marianne recently posted..Client Sneak Peek

• Kim Grey says:

Your daughters room is going to be so fabulous! I love pink with orange. Thanks for the inspiration! Love the Moroccan lounge and the Rothko.
    Kim Grey recently posted..Pink Black Gold Glam

[Reply]

• Just love the combo of pink and orange! Feels vibrant, fresh and upbeat.

• Trish says:

Love those sorbet colors. And Cost Plus has been great lately. I always loved those two-toned curtains from Domino magazine…one of my favorite images. Sounds like you are having fun! XO Trish

• Sherry Hart says:

Girl…..I don’t care if it is 8:00…..I am heading to WM right now to get those pillows!!!! Love! And don’t get me started about Donna and that chair….if she lived closer I would beg her to give it to me:)
    Sherry Hart recently posted..ONE ROOM CHALLENGE WEEK 3