Royal News

For those of you who have followed my blog for a while, you have heard me talk several times about the iconic Danish porcelain company Royal Copenhagen. Royal Copenhagen, a purveyor to Her Majesty The Queen Of Denmark, was established in 1775 and is considered one of the most luxurious porcelain brands in the world.

I started to pick up my first Royal Copenhagen pieces at antique auctions in Sweden when I was just a young cat, and over the years I have built a nice, little collection that I never grow tired off.

All of Royal Copenhagen’s products are handmade in Denmark and my personal opinion is that is is hard to beat the quality and the esthetics — timeless understated elegance. Always right. No surprise that my husband and I picked Royal Copenhagen’s “Princess” as our wedding china (I was old enough to know what works for me! No mainstream nor mass produced here!).

Some 10 years ago a very brilliant young Danish design student, Karen Kjældgård-Larsen, had a vision (and a lot of courage & nerve, I must say!) to put a modern twist to the iconic Blue Fluted pattern which has been in production in Denmark since 1775. Karen Kjældgård-Larsen beautifully modified & enlarged elements of the original pattern and gave it a modern look. Since its introduction, Blue Fluted MEGA has become a major success with its fresh, updated look while still honoring the Blue Fluted 18th century.

For those of you who know my style well — marrying old style with new, and doing it well, always impresses me.

Produced in the same shapes and sizes as the original and using the same techniques, Blue Fluted Mega can be mixed in to supplement the original service. By mixing and matching the patterns and eras you get a personal, unique and historical collection that will be appreciated for generations to come.

Now, to the news.

It is my great honor to announce that as of today Splendid Avenue is carrying many of Royal Copenhagen’s pieces. We offer their porcelain goods that have been in production since 1775, as well as many from Karen Kjældgård-Larsen’s “new-classic” MEGA Flute series (comes in both blue and black).

You will find them under our store category Fine Dining.

More products will be added, including my own wedding china – Royal Copenhagen Princess (here below).

Do I even have to tell you how excited I am to be working with such an iconic and beautiful brand?

A brand I am already so crazy passionate about. And Scandinavian too! I am very proud of that too.

Thank you for stopping by. Hugs to you all.

Written by Splendid Willow in: Store News | Tags: , ,

Hello and congratulations to landing this iconic brand!
    Major achievement!!

I adore the new designs and can only dream of building my own collection. Heaven to my eyes!

Big kiss

P.s. Ringde du mig förra veckan? Oscar svarade när jag hade sprungit ner till mataffären och sade att någon med Amerikansk accent hade ringt mig. Trodde kanske det var du?

• Congratulations on the addition of such an iconic brand to your store! Big hug to you, Mon. x

• Good morning, sweet Monica!
    This is one lovely post. You have gotten my attention early this morning. No one loves china more than I do, and this is one of my favorite collections!
    Happy Thursday.

Chic and Classic!! Cheers!! franki

Splendid Willow Reply:

Thank you Ms. Franki! Cheers & Happy weekend to you! Mon.

• Tree says:

Major coup – congrats!

Splendid Willow Reply:

Thank you Ms. Greenwood! Happy weekend! Mon.

• it’s gorgeous mon! congratulations on this collaboration.

so elegant yet approachable. i love that. i will be checking out the goods!

love to you.

You are rapidly becoming to the go to place for the best in Scandinavian design! So excited to see it all flourish!! We just got power back on last night and my big charity event for domestic violence is tonight, have doing homework by candlelight! Looking forward to a “normal” week!

• Sarah Malone European Farmhouse Charm says:

Mon, Really excited for you…and us! I have a soft spot for any blue and white and these are stunning. Need to do a bit of Xmas shopping in your store. Loving all the new brands! Congrats to you.

All the pieces are just gorgeous!! I will have to start my collection now :)!

• congrats Mon! such gorgeous pieces. have a nice day, darling!

caroline @ patagonia gifts love knot jewelry

A perfect fit for your lovely store! I have admired Royal Copenhagen for years. I did not know about Mega. What a smart designer! Love how you can mix and match the two different styles.

Great post – as always, Monika! Educational & inspirational.

• Summer says:

I think she designed Mega at age 26 and is now 38. I don’t like blue and white but was struck by Mega and bought it. My husband is still shocked. I put it with spring green chargers and another time with fuchsia and it looked smashing. I see you have the egg cups – those are cute. I first saw Mega at Williams-Sonoma. Didn’t know they carried formal china from other makers so was very surprised – it’s on their website under formal. I was disappointed, however, that RC discontinued some of the Mega dinner plates and now only offer two styles, #1 and #7 I think. I like #1 best. What Larsen did, gets you to thinking about what other old patterns could be turned on their ear for today’s market.

• Monika,
    That was really interesting! I didn’t know much about the Royal Copenhagen pattern, other than liking the way it looks. Very interesting and fun to read. Thank you!

• leslie says:

Hi Monika!

New follower :) and I am a huge fan of blue and white porcelain. These are GORGEOUS pieces and I like all the different patterns. Heading over to visit your store now!

• Love, love the new China…and everything in your store…It is becoming so exclusive and wonderful…just like you.

• classiq says:

Monika, congratulations on this wonderful collaboration! Their pieces are exquisite and that campaign image is amazing!

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL