Jul
2012

Thank You Homes & Antiques + Gone Fishing

I just found out yesterday that my blog is listed in the very popular and nice UK magazine, Homes & Antiques (August issue), as one of the 50 best blogs in cyberland to follow in 2012! (Click on the link for the full list).

I almost fell off my chair. Wait, what me!? With all these international blog superstars! What an incredible honor. Thank you, thank you Homes & Antiques!

The feature even made the front cover!

I regularly pick up Homes & Antiques at Barnes & Nobles, when I have a craving for real good European style. (The August issue is out on July 22nd in the US).

I love going back to my European roots. As many of you know, I have always been a real sucker for old Swedish antiques — and more so when old Swedish furnishings are mixed with contemporary pieces. I just love that unexpected contrast. (A modern, edgy painting is going up above my old, Gustavian sideboard since my pretty plaque fell down and broke in way too many pieces. Still so sad, so sad).

I hope to share tons more design inspiration in the fall — but for now, this gal needs a break from the computer (and you —  from me!).

I will step away for 2-3 weeks (Euro style!) and come back refreshed, energized and with many new projects & ideas up my sleeve.

In the fall I will also be starting a new series called:

I often get very nice e-mails and photos from creative readers sharing their homes/rooms and fun projects. Now it is time to share those with all of my readers. We want to see! If you have a room or a design project you are very proud of (or you know a good friend who does) — then please send a mail my way. We are all looking forward to peeking into talented readers’ personal & livable homes (and yours might be selected!).

So on that note — Live Well & Warm Summer Hugs to all of you!

P.S The store will remain open — and Ewa and I will be stocking up for the fall! A lot of things is happening over there. Welcome over to our store Splendid Avenue, when you have a spare moment.

Images: no. 1 via Homes & Antiques, no. 2 via Bright Bazaar, no. 3 + 5 via Splendid Willow, no. 4 via Coach House Antiques
Written by Splendid Willow in: Thank you! |

Congratulations Monika!! Oh dear this is great!!
    I wish you a wonderful time out!!!!

Monika!! Congratulations! Of course you should be on there. They finally figured out what so many of us already know.
    Var ar du? Jag ringer idag!!

• Congratulations Mon! How very exciting and what a great surprise for you! I hope you enjoy your holiday and we look forward to your return!

XX
    Debra~

• I’m not surprised you’re in there at all – they know what they are talking about! Have a wonderful hiatus. Your new series sounds great! Hope to see you soon – perhaps after your return from the sounds of it. Whenever it works will be great. :)

• Sarah Malone says:

Congrats to you Mon, very exciting indeed! Enjoy your time away and
    hugs back to you:)

• CONGRATULATIONS! What took them so long?? We are almost ready btw!

Xo,
    M

Splendid Willow Reply:

Hi Michelle, thank you! Wait, what – ready? You mean the photo shoot? Or? Hope all is well! Keep me posted. Hugs to you.

Mon

• Marsha says:

Congratulations. That is a delightful surprise. I am now eager to take a look at the magazine myself. Thanks and have a wonderful vacation.

• Congrats Monika! A recognition well deserved! Enjoy your summer vacation – any plans on coming up here?

• Kimberly says:

Congratulations Monika! That is wonderful news and I am thrilled for you! It’s fun to see your blog grow and see how successful you are becoming. See, you don’t need to work for anyone else–you are doing, and will continue to do, far better on your own. :)

Kimberly

• coooooooool beans!

look at splendid willow soar because it’s author is willing to take a risk and spread a lot of love through blogdom.

soak it up, gorgeous mama.

love to you.

• shame on me.

there is no apostrophe in ‘its author.’

(i cannot turn off the self-editor!!!!!)

love.

• Helena Rääf says:

Monika, if you come to Sweden for vacation it would be lovely to see you in Hallavara Lanthandel – between Båstad and Torekov. I love your blog and it would be great to meet you in person!

Warmest/ Helena R.

Splendid Willow Reply:

Helena, tack foer inbjudan! Hittade en artikel om din butik haer: http://loppisskattkammaren.blogspot.com/2010/04/hallavara-lanthandel.html. Den ser jaette trevlig ut! Har jag vaegarna forbi saa knackar jag paa saa klart! Trevlig sommar! Monika.

• Lisa says:

Hi Monika!

Congrats on your being listed as a top blog….I totally agree!

I remember when your beautiful plaque fell and was so sad for you!

Seeing this picture again makes me want to rush right out and paint…..would you mind telling me what color this is on your walls? It does look so nice with the Swedish look.

I would really appreciate it!

Have a wonderful day Monika and congrats again! Lisa

Splendid Willow Reply:

Lisa, I can’t remember!!! I went through all my old paint in the garage and I can’t find the paint! All I know is that it is Benjamin Moore…. I have a folder with all paint colors I have used in the house – but this one is missing! I am thinking I must have shared it with someone else and then forgot to put it back… Bohooo… I will keep on looking – for you! Hope all is well.

ox, Mon

Wow! Big congratulations Monika!!! Nice to know the “big guys” are learning what we’ve known for a couple years. “Splendid Willow is a treasure.”!!!

Have a nice break. You deserve it!

jc

• liza says:

Congratulations, Monika!! I hope your break is completely restorative. Summer is too short and beautiful to spend it all working. I hope you enjoy much family and outdoor time!

Well deserved!!! What a fabulous departure before going on your trip, have fun!!!

• Marianne says:

Bravo my friend, so proud of you! What an honor to be included! Hope to see you tomorrow. xo

• Monika,
    Congratulations! Such nice recognition for a worthy blog site!
    Enjoy your vacation and as a fan, I’ll be looking forward to your inspiring posts in the fall.
    Karen

• nicole says:

Congratulations Monika that is a huge achievement & one to be so proud of.
    Look forward to reading more of your wonderful posts.

• Contratulations to you, Monica! You so deserve to be listed on every great blog list! You are the best, sweet lady.
    So sorry about your plaque. SO beautiful.
    Going to miss you, but see you when you get back.
    Happy Monday.

• designchic says:

You should definitely be there…a favorite of ours!! Enjoy your time away…

• Julie says:

Awesome! You deserve it!

• classiq says:

Congratulations! So well deserved. Enjoy your break, Monika, and have a wonderful time!
    Ada

• Mon,
    That is just so fabulous!!!! Thrilled for your recognition! And, it’s always more fun when it comes out of the blue, as a big surprise.

What a wonderful moment to step away, get refreshed and return with your new series.
    Until then…..xoxo Elizabeth

• Cris Angsten says:

Looking forward to that new series, it sounds deliciously fun!

• Nikki says:

I always love your ideas. Congratulations on the being one of the best blogs! You are so talented! I can’t wait to meet Ewa!

• Nancy says:

Have a well deserved break, and congratulations to you! That is very exciting!
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

• casey says:

Congratulations, Mon! Well done and well deserved. Enjoy your break!

• Congratulations! What a great honor!

• Well done my friend…of course no surprise to me.
    Have a lovely vacay!
    Hugs

• Hello lovely lady, I hope you’re enjoying your summer break! Big congratulations on your store news!! Very very exciting!!

And congratulations on the H&A magazine feature, although no surprise they picked yours among the best! :)

Sorry it’s taken me so long to catch up on posts, wrapping up work activities is proving to be very busy and tiring, so I’m hardly on the computer after work.

We’re finally seeing some sunshine this weekend, I hope it’s beautiful and sunny there too!

Hugs hugs,
    Meera xx

• wow this is amazing Monika! congrats! have a wonderful time and relax, darling!

caroline @ patagonia gifts and jewelry

• Well done you! That is so impressive! Keep up the good work Monika :)

• Good for you!!!!!…Have a great time…and can’t wait to see what you have up your sleeve when you return. XO, Mona

• whoa – what an honor! GO YOU!!!!

• GREAT POST:)
    Your blog is so wonderful and Im following…I hope you follow me also:)

If you want some cute swedish decor inspiration…check out my blog:)

Have a great week.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (sweden)

• Mia says:

Mon, that is wonderful news!!! Congratulations, you’re the best!!
    And as you see I haven’t been around the blog world for quite some time …

Hopa you and family are fine.

Kramar Mia