Jul
2012

Store News (Kicking It Up A Notch)

In December 2010 I started my little store. It was more of an experiment than anything and I had no idea where it was going to go. Many loyal customers since have made me trust what I was doing and exactly a year ago I added more products. Now it is time to kick it up a notch! Today I am thrilled to announce that Splendid Willow Avenue will now be known as S P L E N D I D  A V E N U E

Splendid Avenue is now run by two gals — myself and my very close friend Ewa. Ewa is like the sister I never had and I absolutely adore her on all levels. Working with her is pure joy!  (And of course she is a Swedish! Ewa runs a very popular food blog — Delishhh — with a zillion great recipes).

Her family has become close to my family.

And thanks to Ewa and her hubby, David, we now get to hug and spoil a new baby, darling Ella!

Ewa and I have all kinds of plans for our store. It is going to be a fun ride and I hope that you don’t mind coming along!

Hop over to our store and check out the changes and all the new products. Here are just a handful:

I go nuts for this pretty ring by the talented jewelry designer, Asa Daxberg. (People literally want to steal the ring off my finger!)

My very good friend, talented designer Jill Sorensen, (could also be my sister!) has added her stunning, high-quality pillows to our store.

Very excited!

Toys, toys, toys – lots of new, wonderful products (just showing you a few)

A splendid ride. Swedish  of course!

Danish Royal rabbits! (Now it that adorable or what!)

Wonderful new things for the kitchen and for the dining table

This stunning & classy leather bag by Ilse Jacobsen is coming next week

(3 different colors)

This is just a first step. Watch us go. A lot more is coming!

If you feel that you like our store and what we offer — then we have something new for you.

Share the store with people you think might be interested in Splendid Avenue – and you will get a $15 credit to use towards anything in the store, whenever a friend of yours places their first order with Splendid Avenue. You’ll receive a $15 credit to use on the site after your friend’s purchase has shipped. There is no limit to how many friends you can invite nor how many credits you can earn.

So, spread the word – and (YOU) get the credit!

You will learn more about “Spread The Word – Get The Credit” information in our store — here.

And don’t forget to subscribe to our News & Deals store newsletter so you don’t miss out on any fun!

Enter Splendid Avenue — Here

Thank you so much to so many of you for your tremendous support! I would not have dared to venture out like this without you encouraging me!

Hugs

Written by Splendid Willow in: Store News |

Soooo exciting!! Can’t wait for more!!! Hugs!!!

• tinajo says:

That´s awesome – good luck to you both, I´m sure it will be fun! :-)

• Victoria Athens says:

The best of luck to you an Ewa. Everything looks wonderful. I may have to get that Saab roadster for myself!
    XO Victoria

Splendid Willow Reply:

Victoria, that Saab Roadster looks better than my own, real car! (: Hugs to you. Mon.

• Sherry Hart says:

Congrats! Those husbands and rabbits are darn cute:). I will be running over to see the changes:)

Luck to you as you travel this new avenue!! franki

Splendid Willow Reply:

Thank you Ms Parde! Love your attitude! Mon

Mon, how exciting is this all!!! Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you and your friend Ewa!! I am going to visit SPLENDID AVENUE right now!! I wish you both a lot of success with this wonderful ‘new’ store!
    Hugs!

• iris says:

Congratulations. This is very exciting.
    You two “gals” look like sisters. Best of Luck

Iris

• Hi Mon,
    The new products look amazing. I love the ring and am looking forward to the bag being available. Love your items.

• monika!

i am loving what kicking it up a notch means for us customers (and the energy is splendid!). the shop is BLOOMING with lovely. how fun to share this journey with you and Ewa and watch splendid avenue grow along with ella.

hopping over to the shop and Ewa’s blog to get acquainted!

love, congratulations, and best wishes, my sweet.

• Sylvia Rieck says:

Hi Mon, Good luck with your Avenue! That is so excited for you! Now I understand why we never went for a coffee, you are soooooo busyyyyyyy! By the way I Love that ring. I would be the one stealing it of your finger! The bag is awesome as well. I will be visiting your store! Let me know if you need a little Dutch clerk to help you, LOL! Hugs and good luck, Sylvia

Splendid Willow Reply:

Hi Sylvia – let’s try again! How about coffee next week?! Hugs to you! Mon

• Karena says:

Monika it is always great fun to find new items as lovely as these!!
    Off to rake a look! Congrats!

Karena
    Art by Karena

• So exciting Mon! I love the additions to your new store too! I wish you and Ewa all the best. I look forward to hearing much more – hopefullly next week??!!!

• a beautiful partnership, to be sure. love that ring! congratulations and all my best wishes, monika! donna

• Loi Thai says:

Hej Hej Mon – Congrats on the changes. Thanks for introducing us to Ewa…..wonderful to meet her!! A fantastic partnership 😉
    Cheers!

Looking awesome! Tons of unique things. Love the pillows, the ring, the toys (so cute!) and all the new kitchen goods. You gals are on a roll!

Congrats!

• Marianne says:

I am so proud of you both! Congratulations on a wonderful partnership and continued success with you fabulous store! xo

• Monika,
    Congratulations! What a fun adventure, I wish you both the best. I’m sure I’ll be shopping soon.
    Karen

• Congratulations, Mon!!!!! What exciting news and I often believe that finding the right partner in life and business is key!

Loving what you’ve shown and can’t wait to zip over and see things for myself.

LOVE the photo of your husbands with that cute sign. Frame and hang it in the shop!
    Hugs to you!!!
    xoxo Elizabeth

• Congratulations on your exciting next step in the store adventure, Mon. I LOVE the new name – perfect! Also, how sweet are those Danish Royal rabbits!

• Hey pretty lady..this is exciting news. I LOVE the name Splendid Avenue….yes it has a great ring to it. I love your take on fashionable and chic home/personal accessories. Congrats on taking on a partner, Ewa looks like a great friend and your husbands soooo proud…that is very sweet! (Did you by chance make that sign, lol)
    And having a cherubic little baby to squeeze and hold is like the icing on an already rocking cake. Great news Mon….look forward to seeing what lies ahead for Splendid Avenue…heading over now!

• My dear sweet Monica-
    You are one brave lady, and it has certainly worked for you. Your store is amazing and I can’t wait to see what you will be doing now!!
    Headed over, and CONGRATULATIONS!
    Happy Tuesday.

• Kicki Ek says:

Congrats Monica! Everything new looks super!
    You are so talented! And now it looks like you got a talented partner! I wish you all the luck!
    A big hug
    //Kicki

Splendid Willow Reply:

Thank you Kicki! How is Texas? Are you melting away?! Miss you!

Kicki Ek Reply:

Miss you too! Yes, I almost melt away- It´s 95-100 ° F, all the time! I`ll Try to call you next week!
    //Kicki

• Suzanne says:

Okay, I think that both
    you and Ewa AND your
    hubbies must have been
    separated at birth…..!
    Seriously, you all look
    alike and I already know
    how super talented you
    and Ewa both are : )

Congrats and I can’t
    wait to check out your
    store, again!

xo Suzanne

How exciting and fun that is!!! The fact that you two are good friends is the icing on the cake. Those rabbits are way cute and that car HAS to be built so it’s big enough for adults as it’s incredibly adorable.

• Alice says:

CONGRATS MONIKA! Everything looks lovely!

• classiq says:

I’m glad to hear about the exciting things happening with the store, Monika. The best of luck to both of you! :)
    Ada

Åh, va kul !! Ni har så fina saker och jag är övertygad om att det kommer att bli succé. Lycka till !!

Stor kram