Jun
2012

Ideas & Inspiration For The 4th Of July

But first… I have been spending as lot of time lately thinking and thinking & thinking some more about what this fall could should hold for me (in a perfect world). You see, all my kids will then be in school full time and I will be able to give whatever I am doing my 100% focus. Going back to a fun corporate job would be one option. I have actually have been interviewing with a really cool company that likes me and where something might bare fruit. An alternative is to (continue) to take charge of my own destination and drive it without fear and with lots of determination & new energy. And that is where (in the last week) I have landed!

I am now working on some really fun and much bigger things for this fall. I am more excited than e.v.e.r and you will all be the first to hear!

Passionate I am, yes. And energy I have. But for those of you who don’t know me personally, I am actually a pretty cautious girl. I don’t easily jump in with both feet without first doing some serious thinking. But once something feels right in my gut — then I am pretty quick to grab the opportunity. So far I have been very fortunate in life. So I guess I am sharing this with you to say:

If I can do it (a little Swedish immigrant equipped with a SwEnglish accent and the wrong body type and eye color – short and green eyed! Ha!) – you can do it too. Follow your gut and your passion. Put the energy out there. Work hard and magical things will happen.

Ok, it is early June and for all of you preparing for fun 4th of July parties, now is a good time to stock up on supplies & ideas.

How about a fun DIY wreath adorned with tiny flag toothpicks from the local craft store? (I like it!).

Moving quickly over to the food buffet. I am not much of a burger girl. A clambake is my perfect 4th of July food!

With fries in white buckets (from Pottery Barn).

And a really good drink such as Blackberry Mojitos. (This I will ABSOLUTELY try). Recipe here.

A great dessert idea.

Or why not a simple, patriotic ice cream treat?

Rattan color is pretty to mix with all that red, blue and white. Fun mini chalkboard placeholders. (From Williams Sonoma).

I also like these simple seagrass napkin rings (from William Sonoma). Perfect for the outdoors.

And remember what I always say — simple is beautiful.

I hope this post brings you some inspiration.

Warm hugs!

Images: No. via 1 8 Ballons, no. 2 via Factory Direct Craft, no. 3 via Martha Stewart Living, no. 4 via Pottery Barn, no. 5+6 via Pinterest (but no source, sorry), no, 7 via Martie Knows, no. 8 + 9 via Williams Sonoma, no. 10 via Acme Party box.

Written by Splendid Willow in: Holidays & Celebrations |

• Thank you for the inspirational advice, Mon! Just what I needed to hear today. Merci!

• Sounds like some exciting things are brewing over there Mon! I have confidence in you being the smart cookie that you are that you will do what you are meant to do and do it successfully. I love your postiive attitude, its quite inspiring. I wish you well and look forward to hearing about things as they unfold:)
    Love your July 4th inspiration…..is it abnormal to be craving a berry mojito and fruit adorned cupcake at 7:30 am? :)

Enjoy your day!!

Mon,
    I am glad to hear that you are thinking so positive about future and I can feel here that indeed you have tons of energy at this moment! This is great my friend!
    I might think that that strawberry mojito will be delicious!
    And I love the napkin rings!
    Talk to you later!!

ZING!! The INSPIRATION is just flowing… Quite honestly, you will have “no problem” in whatever you attempt!! Absolutely love the ideas for the upcoming holidays…that flag wreath…perfect…the mojito is ON MY MENU!! THANKS!! franki

• i see a mojito and maybe a margarita in my 4th of july future. we will be partying with those friends of ours who collect primitives, and i will take pics of her unique decor.

the fall will be an exciting time for you! i will be encouraging you every step of the way regardless of the path you choose.

black flipflops arrived and are fabulous. even the 17 yr old son wants a pair. (a few yrs back both sons regularly raided my closet but that is another story).

smiles to you.

• love those little buckets, mon. great ideas all around. sounds like you have some wonderful things coming your way. can’t wait to hear all about them! donna

• You’ll get your life figure out and do what feels right for you. I’m one of those people who jumps in with both feet after I’ve done my homework. I believe if you really want to you can do anything.

As for the 4th of July it’s the husbands birthday so I’m always planning something special way in advance. You have given me a couple of ideas for his day and America’s!

XX
    Debra~

• Oh my goodness, sweet Monica! You have written a lot of food for thought here. I have all faith that you will land where you are supposed to be, and they will be lucky to have you!
    I am going to make this flag wreath. I LOVE IT, and the ice cream has me drooling as we speak.
    Thank you for sharing your heart and pretty things.
    Happy Tuesday.

Tack för att du ger mig luft under vingarna ! Jag har också planer och drömmar för hösten. Det är modet jag söker för jag tror (vet) att jag kan göra det. Och det känns spännande ! Lycka till med ditt !!

Kramar

• Karena says:

Oh yes Mon you have inspired me beyond!!

You go girl!!
    Karena

Art by Karena

• Loi Thai says:

Hello Mon,
    I wish you lots of luck, not that you need it! You are clearly creative, talented and very popular :) Please keep us posted.
    Thanks for all the Fourth of July and summer inspirations!
    Cheers,
    Loi

• Mon – how exciting that your heart is set in a direction for Fall! I am the same way – I let it simmer and then suddenly the path is clear – then I go after it like crazy!!! Love these ideas for the fourth – especially the sweets. :)

• Cute ideas. Good luck with your decision making.

– The Tablescaper

• Monika,
    Good for you! There is plenty of time to do the corporate thing if you decide that is the direction you want to go. But if you have great ideas (you do) and energy (you have) why not go for that exciting opportunity you are passionate about?
    These were great images for Independence Day festivities…love the cupcake flag.
    Karen

Ahhhhh fabulous inspiration going on over here ……. lovin’ it!!!

• Marianne says:

I am so excited for what you have in store! So proud of you! xo

• We usually do a Fourth of July Clambake too… lots of fun ideas here!

• Hello my dear friend!

You have been on my mind every day that I am working away here! I am going to give you a call tomorrow and cannot wait to catch up :) I have missed you, and our chats, and keeping wishing I could get to Seattle sometime soon. Can’t wait to call you tomorrow!

Lots of love,
    Sarah

p.s those little white buckets are too cute!

HEJ!!! jag ringer nu kan du prata? Sa mycket jobb vi jobbar som galningar har!! KRAM!

• Mon,
    I am so excited to hear that you have an exciting opportunity brewing!!! I, too, am a pretty cautions, over thinking gal. I think and think and think….and sometimes wait too long to pull the trigger. I really appreciate and welcome your encouraging message today. I am going to put in some hard work and positive thinking this summer and see what it might reveal.

Love all the ideas for the 4th. Need to start pulling together my plan!!!
    xoxo Elizabeth

• Sounds intriguing Mon! Hoping soon our plans to meet and hang out will come to fruition after a few failed attempts!

I am looking forward to the summer when all our day to day responsibilities are put on the back burner until the fall!

• Can’t wait to hear all about your plans. You have already set a firm foundation for whatever you have planned go do. You are a very smart and talented woman. Good luck and enjoy your Summer… Sounds like you will be quite busy come Fall. Great 4th of July ideas. See you are always thinking ahead… Another sign of a successful woman. xO Mona

• How cute is that wreath! And it’s so simple the kids, or maybe the pets, could make it.

But I’m interested in the mojito. That looks awesome!

• designchic says:

I can hardly wait to hear about the exciting things happening in your life. I’m so hoping that entails keeping your online store, because I know a mother and grandmother that will be purchasing lots of mice. We wrote our Monday musings on you today, so make sure to stop by!! Is it weird that I wanting an ice cream cone for breakfast now…looks delicious!!