May
2012

Inspirational Entertaining For The Backyard

Ready for some outdoor entertaining? Here are some of my favorite bar setups for the backyard. (Note the pancake bar above!).

Ice cold tea from a dispenser and Mason jars (these ones with handles from Pottery Barn). Add a jar for lemon and another one for raw sugar and you are in business.

Drag the bar cart outside.

A casual but still inviting set-up.

For those of you with beach property. Thank me for the idea later!

Ohhhh Myyyyy! An open kitchen/outside bar. All white and fresh. Some happy owners there I’d say.

Yes, I mentioned this one years ago. Still one of my favorite set-ups. Note to myself: Need to f.i.n.a.l.l.y get a pair of rustic wine barrels!

Moving over to the food bars.

What a perfect popcorn set up for an outside movie night with friends!

An attractive S’mores bar!

Something cheesy. (My kind of hang-out).

And of course something desserty. Check out these creative set-ups.

Brilliant!

Need to get a vintage shutter like that (and paint it midnight blue). It sets the mood.

A dessert buffet nestled under a pretty tree. A white tablecloth and lots of wondrous treats. I am in.

Which set-up, if any, will you copy speaks to you?

Hope the sun is shining on you all! Happy rest of the week.

Images: No. 1 Sweet Occasion,  no. 2 Scanned via House & Home (June 2012), no 3. via Chinoiserie Chic, no. 4 via Sarah’s Fab Day, no. 5 via Style Me Pretty, no. 6 via Simple Blueprint, no. 7 & 10 via Splendid Willow, no. 8 via The Party Dress, no. 9 via Martie Knows, no. 11 via Lemon Sprinkle Events,
Written by Splendid Willow in: Flowers & Ideas for the table |

I’m loving that “striped chair/lounger” with the orange woven tray! How enticing!! franki

Splendid Willow Reply:

Ms. Franki,

I now that you are into entertaining yourself. One of these days I hope to see a picture of a room where you love to entertain guests or from your boat! Hugs, Mon.

• So many great ideas! Never thought of a pancake bar….

– The Tablescaper

• I can’t decide if the pancakes bar, s’mores bar or the cheese bar is my favorite – how about all three? :) And yes, some large wine barells are definitely in order! That’s such a great look…

The cheese buffet! Splendid!

Cheers,

JC

• pancake bar would make perfect sense for me–you have the best ideas which honestly translate into treasured memories for family and friends. love it!

hopefully we can chat later today!

a dreary rainy day here perfect for organizing the nest.

smiles.

• Natalie says:

Thanks for the inspiration! Love them all – now if only the weather would cooperate!

• I would love to visit (more than once) the pancake and popcorn bars, sweet Monica. I always go to the most high calorie setup. I guess moderation is the key. All of these are fabulous, and I love the shutter idea too!
    Have a great day.
    xoox

• I love the wine barrels too. I wonder if the table top is an old door? Since we live in wine country, wine barrels shouldn’t be too hard to find…. :)

• Sherry Hart says:

Oh my goodness!!! So many great ideas….I was a pinning fool! The pancake bar was brilliant.

• Wow! So many cute ideas! I have to say I’ve never braved going this “all out” for a party (how embarrassing)! And I’ve been looking for drink dispensers a good bit – just haven’t taken the plunge :) Awesome post, Mon!

Kristina
    Nook & Sea

• Monika,
    Almost all of them! I would love some chippy-painted vintage shutters to prop up as a backdrop for almost anything. Such great ideas. I’ve filed most of them in my “party idea” folder, thanks so much!
    Karen

• Anything with alcohol, cheese and sweets gets my vote. These are sch great idea and I have used a few of them. Now to get a beach property where I can try the beachy things.

XX
    Debra~

• Willow Decor says:

As usual so many great ideas!! I love the smores – of course I am a marshmallow addict!! Makes me feel like summer is just around the corner.
    xx-Gina

• Alan says:

I really like the idea of just skipping from a drink buffett to the desert table. Who wants food? Drinks & Desert anyone?

The outside kitchen is my favorite :)

Splendid Willow Reply:

I believe it Ms. Delishhh! We are looking forward to coming over tomorrow! Just don’t go overboard this time! (: Mon

• classiq says:

This calls for at least a picnic in the park. Thank you for the inspiration, Monika! Wishing you a wonderful and sunny weekend! xo
    Ada

• designchic says:

My head is spinning with so many fabulous ideas. Love the image with the bar cart outside and of course, the barrels!! Happy weekend, Mon ~

• omg so many great ideas for outdoor get-togethers! the ice tea dispenser is simply divine! hope you have a wonderful weekend, darling!

caroline @ patagonia gifts and jewelry

• All such wonderful ideas for entertaining! I love them! One of my favorite things to do is host a party outside around the pool before it gets unbearably hot here! Thanks for sharing this! Have a great weekend!
    Carolyn Bradford

• Mon,
    These are all such great ideas!! I regularly make pancakes and enjoy making breakfast more than any other meal, so that first one definitely appeals. I’ve slowly been collecting mason jars (use them everyday) from the local bbq place which uses them for their take out Iced Tea….and love anything with those. My boys love s’mores and popcorn….so I think I’ll just have to have several outdoor fetes and try them all out!

We’re having a Seattle day here today….so maybe starting next week! :)
    xoxo Elizabeth