May
2012

Lara Melchior Jewelry – Yes, Please

Mon Dieu. Good thing I live far away from Paris, because this jewelry designer would make me go broke… My Mom instilled in me, at a very early age, “only buy good quality jewelry (if needed you can always sell) and less is always more.” I’m still faithful to her wisdom.

I found the works of Lara Melchior over at my good friend Mia’s blog. It was this ring that first caught my attention. Two gold/diamond sets brilliantly linked for a full finger look.

Sophisticated sexy or what!

Simple and beautiful.

More pretty rings.

Honeycomb inspired pieces are part of her unique signature look.

Stunning bracelets. Gold and diamonds.

This is Laura Melchior herself. (Oh no, I could be her Mom!!).

And this is her studio in Paris.

Again. Incroyable! To it all.

Hugs to you all and Happy Long Memorial Weekend to all my US readers. I will see you back on Tuesday!

Written by Splendid Willow in: Fashion & Trends | Tags:

• Hi Monika,

Beautiful jewelry indeed, very delicate and simple. When are you coming to the east coast?

Enjoy your long weekend!

Hugs,
    Julie

• Wait! Not fair, shes young, designs gorgeous baubles AND gets a studio in Paris (and one thats ultra cool and hip too)! Wow, shes a triple threat..beautiful things, when does your order arrive :)

• Victoria Athens says:

Her jewelry is not only beautiful but unique. She has a bright future.
    Best…Victoria

• Big sigh…to be young, talented and living in Paris lucky gal. I love simple but elegant pieces and this line is right up my alley. Enjoy your long weekend too Monika!

XX
    Debra~

Stunning pieces darling. I love the ‘raw’ feel to the structures.
    I agree with jewelry. Less is more and I’d rather have an understated statement piece than layers of bling bling. Think it’s a very Swedish ting isn’t it!? :)

Have a wonderful long weekend. Enjoy and relax.

xx Charlotta

PS> Kommer ni hem i Sommar? I så fall när. Vi måste ju ses med alla barnen osv. Kanske rent av i Mariefred.. Vi är i Skåne två veckor i Juli, men annars säkert hemma (med undantag av små helg utflykter osv).

KRAM

Peacocks, butterflies, jewelry (AND shoes!) Oh, my!! franki

• oh honey, honeycomb!

what gorgeous designs by this lovely artist.

smiles to you and have a fabulous long weekend.

• Oh I love everything here, but the bracelets are to die for!
    Thank you for sharing this artist, sweet Monica.
    Happy Thursday.

• leslie says:

Oh goodness! Eye candy :) I’ll will be visiting Paris next month and will make a stop here. Gorgeous, and yes! those rings are sexy!

leslie

Chic, gorgeous and understated – very you!

Happy long weekend to you and your family.

JC

Oh these pieces are to die for!! Not only is her work outstanding but her studio is fabulous and she’s gorgeous. Talk about having it all.

Oh that is just gorgeous. Reminds me a little of http://www.buccellati.com/ which is my favorite of all time.

Wow.Ja!.Fantastiskt.Underbart = d v s jag gillar det :) Jättefina smycken och som är lite annorlunda.
    Kul med något som är nytt och fräscht.

Jag hoppas att du får en skön helg.

Kramar

• Mia says:

Love it!

Kram!!

• Willow Decor says:

Hello Mon,

Jewelry is stunning. Chic and tasteful like everything else you highlight. Hope you are well. School winding down for us. So glad to be almost done with studying and projects.
    Looking forward to the relaxing days of summer

xo g.

• Hi Mon,
    I’m glad you had a chance for a little break and some beautiful open space in Vancouver!

This jewelry line is delicious! That Byzantine cross necklace had me at hello!!! I don’t have a lot of jewelry, but love the fine pieces I have. Your mother advice was so wise!

Wishing you a wonderful, restful Memorial Day Weekend!!!
    xoxo Elizabeth

• What a fun post Mon! Not only do we get to see that amazing jewelery but also her stylish studio. Wow. I am with you on the rings – love those. BTW I am taking your advice about posting less often to focus on my other goals…more updates on that when we see each other next. :) Just saw your comment about getting together in early June – I’d love to!

• Gorgeous…gorgeous…gorgeous. I’m in love with the rings and that diamond cross pendant…Hope you have a fabulous holiday weekend. I’m sitting on my screened in porch looking at the lake and sipping coffee, Life is good. XO, Mona

• wonderful…Such a talented lady. Love her work.

• So pretty!
    And if you are old enough to be her mother, then I must be her Granny!
    LOL… sort of!

I always love visiting you here at Splendid Willow. You create such a beautiful place :)

Brooke

• Oh my goodness, I am with you—these are all gorgeous! I think I would wear pretty much everything I see here—wow, starting perhaps with the rings… oh my! xxoo