May
2012

Intellectual Dining Nook

Dining and art (and/or books) marry so well. Ledges and shelves to display art – and easily move them around – are brilliant. I love the vibe of this eating nook. I love the layered look of the photo art. I immediately saved this image into the inspiration file for my own home.

Hugshugshugs to you all.

P.S Ilse Jacobsen’s flip-flops in BLACK now in my shop. Hardly dare to mention… Many of you keep me insanely busy! Smiles.
Image 1 via Coastal Living.
Written by Splendid Willow in: Lovely Rooms |

Love ledges and moveable art. Perfect for someone as spontaneous as I – I just love moving things around at home..! :)

Black flip flops sound lovely for tanned Summery feet! I bet they will literally run out of your store!

KRAMAR

sis

• Love it too..its so interesting like it could keep you there for hours. Love the idea of the layered framed art, well done!! Cozy but elegant.

• I love the chairs mixed with that fabric…and mixing reading and dining always looks good in my book! Hope you’re well Mon!

• You know that I am in love with this, sweet Monica! Everything about this room speaks to me. My Monday desktop image!
    I hope that you had a wonderful weekend, friend.
    Happy Monday.

Splendid! Love the look. Ikea sells some great white ledges. I might need some more after this.

Happy Monday!

JC

• Victoria Athens says:

This is a great use of space. The banquet, a flexible space for art or books, all contribute to a collected, personal look. Love it.
    Best…Victoria

• it’s fabulous and cheery, and i spy that color you love framing some of the art!

thinking of you and hoping you are going to find yourself in chicago. but no worries if i have to make a trek west.

smiles and a happy new week to you, lovely.

• I have been so wanting to add books to my dining room. but that may have to wait – so many other projects to get to! this one’s lovely. donna

• Love nooks like this. Definitely so much to look at while you munch!

Kristina
    Nook & Sea

• Monika,
    I love this! There used to be a restaurant/book store by the name of Upstart Crow that gave off this same vibe. I loved that restaurant.
    Karen

That is exactly what I want to do on the plate rail in our living room!! I have been looking for inspiration on creating a “gallery” Love it.

• p.s.

you do know i would have snatched up the flipflops were it not for the small detail that i have child sized feet, yes? i wear a child’s size 3.5 (european 34.5 or 35). beleed it.

• Loi Thai says:

Hi Monika – Very cool photo! Love the corner banquette with the “punchy” stripes fabric and the wall gallery of photos. I love how graphic and stylish this room looks. Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Loi
    Tone on Tone

• What an inviting space for dining and visiting…and maybe a little browsing!! Love how relaxed and chic this space is.

Hope your week is off to a marvelous start, Mon!
    xoxo Elizabeth

• I am so visual that I probably wouldn’t get around to eating. Love this idea!

• designchic says:

Such a charming image…adore the idea of mobile art…easy to add new images!! Hope you’re having a wonderful week, Monika!!

• Lana says:

Such a great corner, definitely a great idea to take into ones home! I’d make it a bit more cosy with lots of scatter cushions too.xx

• sherry says:

That image is plain yummy…the stripes…the pictures, the painted chippendale chairs…what is not to LOVE!