May
2012

Oh My! (This Makes Me Purr)

I am thankful every day for the many fun, interesting, kind and lovely people I have met and meet, on a daily basis. I have a fun gig in cyberland, I must say!

There has been a lot of customer interactions in the last couple of days. And let me just tell you that there will be a lot of styling women wearing Ilse Jacobsen’s flip-flops this summer (see previous post)! My shop has already sold out of many sizes/colors. (Upon request I will soon carry them in black). Thank you for trusting me with your business.

A person who makes me purr (sorry Marianne, I know you prefer doggies!) is Marianne with Style For Living who has become a really good, close friend who I can chat design (and other phenomenally important things !) with, 24/7. There are a lot of phone calls and running between houses with family members in tow. All great fun. Marianne decided a while ago to put her high-paying corporate job aside and instead focus entirely on her design business. I am so proud of her. Her business is growing and lots of exciting things are happening for her!

She just gave a client’s ottoman a much needed makeover.

Before

After

Can you all say in chorus – OH MY! Can you even believe it is the same piece. What a transformation!

For more on her design services — hop over here. Marianne gets my highest recommendations (well of course!).

In cyberland I also recently met another fabulous lady, Ms. M. She bought not one but two of my Scandinavian wool blankets.

She told me she is a designer and of course I got quite curious. She sent me this picture the other day and sent her back an e-mail saying – yes, just that! – OH MY!!!

I mean hello! She lives in a super cool loft (with a working fireplace which apparently is rare in loft spaces). And do you see my blanket on the chaise? Ms. M (I am keeping her name a secret for now) is a well established designer who is busy with all kinds of fun design jobs (including set design for TV shows). Soon, very soon, I will show more of of her home and you will all flip out! This girl also treasures Swedish antiques. I am just saying…. I can’t wait to introduce her to all of you! You will love her as much as I do.

More Oh-My’s. I am always out treasure shopping in cyberland. Yes, I am still collecting vintage leather postcards. Here is my latest purchase! Ha ha! (Purr purr).

My very latest crush is antique wax seals. I just came across a good sized lot and I am quite content over here.

I love the texture and the history behind these antique beauties, they add that extra punch of color to a room. I just have to figure out how to best frame them.

Do you know what is so cool about both of these collections? They work in both traditional and contemporary rooms. I like that.

That’s it for now. Need to roll up my sleeves and get more flippies out the door!

I hope this post finds you well.

Hugs to you all!

Images: No. 1 via Ticklish From a Distance, no. 2, 5, 6-9 via Splendid Willow/Splendid Willow Avenue, no 3+4 via Style For Living.

• Mon, you’re awesome, that is all I have to say. Such positive energy makes me smile.

• Thanks for reminding me to email you. I tried to get those flip flops the other day but cannot put them in my cart. I am doing something wrong. Will email you! LOVE the ottoman transformation from Marianne, sooo gorgeous!! Agree shes a gem.
    And your mysterious “Mrs. M.” talented cool lady that she is, her place looks amazing and she obviously has superb taste to score that gorgeous blanket from you. Love all your collections and the cool and positive vibe that radiates ALWAYS from your blog, Mon! Have a great day.

• I Love your flip flops but you don’t carry them in my size…:( I have big feet…ugh! I saw Miranne’s transformation the other day and loved it. Now to get you to carry the birch runner in an area rug size and I’m all over it, I need it for my entry. You have such amazing items.

Enjoy your day!
    XX
    Debra~

• great things going on for you monika! marianne did a super job on the ottoman – love the greek key trim. and your new designer friend? I almost flipped at the image and can’t wait to see the rest. looking forward to more of her work! donna

• Thank you, Mon. You are so sweet to mention my client’s ottoman. I love the throw in your other friend’s room. It’s perfect! xo

• Marianne is a doll. We both left the corporate office behind, and I am certain she is as happy about that as I am. I am so happy doing what I love, and I know that Marianne is too! I’m with you on the ottoman, sweet Monica, wow!
    So happy to learn that the shop is doing fabulous. Doesn’t surprise me at all!
    Happy Thursday.

Oh my, is right. Very talented designers. They are going to get even busier after this post!

I have always loved your leather postcards and I look for them when I go antique shopping.

JC

• loving the flipflops and the transformation marianne mastered!

how fun to see your accessories styled and looking lovely in their new homes. keep the inspiring images coming!

merci so many kind comments and cheering me on. what a treasure finding you in blogland has been.

smiles.

I just “signed” for michele’s blog…hooked. :) franki

Love the flip flops!! Love the ottoman!!

• Karen says:

Monika,
    You’ve been busy, congratulations! How fun to meet your talented friends and discover a new blog site along the way, thanks.
    I love the antique wax seals.
    Karen

That ottoman looks fabulous!! Nice to meet these designers! Thank you for introducing us!!

Ya got me purring over here now. I just want to curl up in that chevron blanket and that ottoman looks beautiful. The room is gorgeous.

• Just wanted to thank you for your recent comments. So sweet!

Great makeover on that ottoman. It looks 30 years younger!

And Mrs. M. living room? I’m speechless. I was going to say “amazing” but I can’t even talk.

• Those flip flops are crazy cool!!! I really love the silver. And, Marianne’s ottoman makeover was one of the best things I saw all week. I can understand why her design business is blooming!!!

The chevron blanket has found quite the swanky home. Wow!!!

And wax seals? It’s like the new intaglio. LOVE!!!!

Such great stuff in one little post! Happy Thursday, Mon!
    xoxo Elizabeth

• Loi Thai says:

Hej Monika!
    So wonderful to find you!! Thank you for visiting my new blog, and for leaving such a wonderful comment. And, a huge thanks for mentioning us in your past posts….I appreciate it. I am really excited to find my new blog friends, you included 😉 Your blog is so cool….just like that loft of Ms. M. Looking forward to putting Splendid Willow on my must read list. Tack! Loi, Tone on Tone

• Suzanne says:

Monika, you have such
    lovely taste, it’s no wonder
    that you are connecting
    with equally talented peeps!

Happy, happy weekend.

xo Suzanne

• Karena says:

Monika how exciting, adore your throw in your new clients loft! Gorgeous. Plus Marianne is a doll and so talented as well! The ottoman is perfect!

I have featured an Interview on my site with Tina from The Enchanted Home…

Karena

Art by Karena

• Oh my is right…loving that ottoman transformation…life is just so busy…that is great I guess. Hope to catch up soon. XO, Mona

Darling this is wonderful news – all round!
    I am not surprised the flip flops are walking out the door (ha!), they are just too fab. I will get mine in the second round as I know you are swamped.

The ottoman make over is fantastic. It’s always so rewarding seeing something dated transform in to a contemporary statement piece.
    Also loving the sound and sneak-peak of ms M. Any gal with a flavour for Swedish antiques and a knack for mixing it with cool current items has my attention!

Congratulations on the latest additions to your collections. I can’t wait to see them framed and up. You must share!!

OK luv. I am off to bed. Have had a wonderful birthday and celebrated to the full with close friends and family. Just HEAVEN being home again and thus surrounded by loved ones.

Hugs and happiness from the Motherland.

xx sis

• sherry says:

Oh yea…I saw that ottoman transformation and got so excited! It was fabulous….Marianne’s style is so fresh and pretty. Now for Ms. M…..you better not hold out for too long before you show us her portfolio…that would be just plain mean.