Apr
2012

IXXI Wall Eye Candy

I can only take trendy wall coverings in small doses — small room, accent wall etc. (Timeless, hand painted wall coverings are a whole different story). But this wall hanging I like. Both trendy and classy!

A Dutch design trio is behind “ixxi“, which is an innovative wallpaper/room divider product. The group has teamed up with several well known institutions and designers to create unique patterns like this one showcasing original Rijksmuseum (The National Museum of the Netherlands) ceramics. The different plates are actually individual cards, printed on both sides, that you put together into a larger wallpaper pattern.

The cards are connected with module x’s and i’s, so you can create your own interior product in any size you like. This also allows you to turn the cards into a hanging room divider.

The cards are moisture resistant and tear-proof — which is perfect for a kitchen area.

The company also lets you send in your own illustrations and photography which they turn into ixxi cards. (They ship worldwide).

How refreshing to not have to battle tons of wallpaper glue on large chunks of fragile paper. (I have done my share of wallpaper hanging, folks!).

Always a lot of fresh, creative design ideas coming out of the Northern parts of Europe, I have to say!

Hugs to you all.

Written by Splendid Willow in: Home Goods & Accessories | Tags: , ,

Hello luv!

Yes very nifty and stylish. A keeper for the design files.

Speaking of Holland. I have just booked myself a ticket to Amsterdam for early June. Just me and my suitcase, and I am so excited!
    Will be staying with a dear friend and I’ll also attend the blogger event which another girlfriend has organised. Will be a blast!

KRAM!

xx far-away-sis

• classiq says:

Fabulous idea! I love the ceramic card wallpaper in the kitchen. Have a wonderful week, dear Monika! xo
    Ada

• Hey Mon…..thanks for your sweet comment and well wishes for Teddy:) This might be the coolest thing I have seen in a long long time…so innovative and creative, I love the idea. The possibilites are endless….thanks for the intro to this wonderful new line. I think we are going to start seeing a lot more. Have a great day…….its good “to be back”.

• Victoria Athens says:

This is such a clever idea, Mon, and it looks like it might be infintely easier to install than wallpaper. I love the idea that it is customizable. Have a wonderful day.
    Best…Victoria

• Amazing, Monica! I especially love the hanging room divider! Just gorgeous work, and the fact that they can make your own image into one of these hangings is fabulous!
    Thank you for sharing, friend!

• designchic says:

How clever is this – love the white card room divider!! Hope you’re having a great week ~

Ingenius! The possibilities are…endless. franki

• Such a clever idea. Thanks for sharing.

• Caroline says:

That is the coolest thing ever! Thanks for your post of this.

• Sylvia Rieck says:

All good things are Dutch! Ha-ha! Not seen this idea yet. Wonderful. Thanks for sharing:)

• very cool and may be exactly what my parents are looking for. they want a large scale carl larsson painting applied to their powder room walls.

i love the logs!!!

got a busy day ahead and will call you later this week.

• Karen says:

Monika,
    What a cool idea. The possibilities are endless. I actually thought at first glance that the plates were real and all I could think was how did they ever hang them all so evenly? Fun idea, thanks for sharing this.
    Karen

• What a great idea for getting any size of hanging art for a room. It always amazes me how something so simple has never been thought of before. I’m going to have to try this out as a gift for the husband.

Enjoy your day!
    XX
    Debra~

Now ya got my mind buzzing with ideas!!! Hmmm, I love this!!

• What a great idea! Just a little bit of punch in the right spot. And the trick is it could be your very own photos! Love it!

• Hi Mon, thanks for your lovely comment.this is a wonderful idea! I love the ceramic card wallpaper in the kitchen and the big photo (dad and son). big hugs to you, Mon

• What a clever idea to get the look without all the fuss of wallpapering!!! Especially love that last one – a new twist on a old look.

Wishing you a wonderful week, Mon!

xoxo Elizabeth

Clever, clever! LOVE the plates. Nice effect!

Hope all is well.

JC

• What a cool idea! I’d love to do this with a great picture of our kids, or perhaps a great picture from our travels…love it. Mon – I’m ready to get together whenever you are – I’ll send you a note! :)

• Always get clever…fresh ideas when I visit you my friend. XO, Mona

What a cool idea!! Love it! I wonder about the price for making your own photo!!

• Oh, I love that! I have a collection of plates that I can’t wait to hang up. Won’t make a grid though, but this would be perfect for those without the plates!

• I love IXXI, their stuff is so great. I want to get something for my home – just need to decide what picture and where! Love that you featured them!