Apr
2012

I Go Nuts For These Design Ideas & Objects

Oh my, Oh my. So much loveliness out in cyberland. Here are a few things which made me look twice (and it some cases, squeal in utter delight!).

What an inspirational art wall. The Robin’s blue canvas is so unexpected and works so well with the b/w art pieces. Together they take the wall to a whole different level. Must try something similar myself. (Albert Hadley of course).

This image has been sitting in my inspiration folder for a long time. You all know how I love to mix old furnishings & art  with new. If I can only find a big set of old etchings like that when I go back to Sweden… So jealous…

Black silhouettes on eggs. I can still do that before our Easter party! (All it takes is images on black paper and Mod Podge glue).

I finally have a perfect planter for one of my beloved white orchards. I bought this pretty silver trophy from my (everyones!) good friend Tina’s new cyber shop – The Enhanted Home Shop – and it has found its spot on top of my bookshelf ladder. It’s not going anywhere. Very happy with it!

How cool are these plaster busts made by Kathy Dalwood to celebrate the London 2012 Olympics. I would so bring one home if I was attending the festivities. (Check out the Double Decker bus!).

Passport pillows! Need one in Swedish though.

Art glass hanging pots (designed like radishes) for herbs! Come on! How fun! (A great & unique gift for any food lover).

The last four images above are all from my blog friend Di’s blog, Designers’ Block. I met the lovely Di in blog land when I was a newbie in cyber space and after three years of blogging this gal still impresses me royally. If I am looking for unique, funky, witty design items or ideas – her blog always comes first to mind. I don’t visit as often as I should (I have very little time for blog hopping nowadays, period!) – but this girl is one fun lady who never disappoints. (Hi to you Di and Harvey!).

Finally, Asa Daxberg’s popular Chunky Bead + Sterling Silver Necklace now comes in a Light Powder Pink. Love the color! So fresh & pretty for spring. Hop to my store to learn more — Splendid Willow Avenue. (Let me know if you are interested in redeeming a 10% loyal reader discount code).

Happy new week everyone. I have a feeling it will be a good one!

Images: No. 2 via Neo-Traditionalist, no. 3 House of Bliss, no. 4 via: Rook No. 17, no. 6 via Designers’ Block, no. 7 via Designers’ Block, no. 8 via Designers’ Block, no. 1  & 5, 9-11 via Splendid Willow.

Written by Splendid Willow in: I Go Nuts For |

Mon, the eggs with the black silhouette!! Gorgeous idea for Easter decoration! Never seen this before!! Lovely!

• Willow Decor says:

Mon,
    I love the eggs with the silhouettes! You are always so hip and edgy – wonderful for Easter!!
    xoxo Gina

• monika, the blue wall backdrop instantly charmed me, too. I thought it was a wonderful idea. love everything you’ve highlighted, especially your “trophy” vase – one of my favorite things. have a great week! donna

• Mon, what a nice surprise to see the trophy here! Quickly went to my blog to add a little blurb! Thank you….you do it sweet justice my friend and make it look magazine front page ready! WOW!! You do have the magic touch. I love the silhouette on eggs, how fabulous looking they are! That turquoise wall and that stunning necklace…all such beautiful finds, have a great day Mon.

• Karen says:

Monika,
    The blue wall is so pretty…finding the right shade would be a challenge for me, but what a great idea. I also loved the idea of a grouping of historic black and white prints in a gallery. Fun ideas, thank you!
    Karen

• so much inspiration and goodness here, not sure where to start. tina’s trophy cup is OUTSTANDING. you have such a touch!

i will be buying the light pink necklace for sure–it’s to me a perfect balance of femininity and edge.

talk soon. busy busy day today!

• Mon I need to go back through your entire blog to see if I can see more of your home. Just the picture you’ve shown of your ladder I want to see more please. Those radish planters need to come to my home for my kitchen loving them!

Enjoy your Monday!
    XX
    Debra~

• What a great way to start my Monday morning off on the right foot! Your orchid looks incredible in the trophy! Love it! How fun are the pillows, eggs, busts, necklace… well, everything! Lots of eye candy, Monika! Let’s look at our calendar to see when you can come over this week. Lots of changes! xo

• Hello sweetie!

Wow! That silver planter is looking stunning on your bookshelf ladder! A love the classic look!

Now, what about that necklace? Gorgeousssss!!! :-) I use mine all the time and I feel it has such a great energy.

Have a very blessed week, my friend!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

• Wow, Monica! You have certainly started this week on a happy note! I love everything here, friend. I am with you on the first image. Pinning:).
    Have a great Monday.

I too nave a feeling this week will be a good one! Oh that necklace is to die for!!!!!

Good morning,

Lots of great inspiration and good energy!

The blue canvas is stunning. So is the new silver trophy and your necklace. Your friend Di seems like a super fun lady!

JC

• Di Overton says:

Hi Mon
    What a lovely compliment, you have made my day. How’s things with you. I got a message from you via Linkedin and replied but not sure whether you got it or not. Things here are going well – fingers crossed. Much Love and thanks again. Di xx

• Ivy Lane says:

all of it… Lovely! :)and I have the same feeling…gonna be a good week! :)

• The eggs are totally cool.

• classiq says:

Your beautiful home never seizes to inspire me, dear Monika. The bookshelf ladder looks amazing!
    Ada

• Di Overton says:

Hi Mon
    Get your friend to email me and I will send some Paris shopping ideas xx

• casey says:

Love the jewelry!

• heidi says:

I love those plant pots!

Love the pink necklace, and the new place for the orchid is wonderful!!