Mar
2012

“My 2 Cents On A Room I Am Totally Smitten With” (Via Blog Friends)

Time again for a little chat with blog friends I find inspirational. (And if I follow your blog, you know that you will be drafted too!). I always look forward to my friends’ input because I know that they will bring something fresh to the table and I love learning from them.

Today I have asked seven talented, smart, good hearted and creative friends to share with us:

I could hardly wait for their responses and loved reading through each and every detail. This segment is a good one! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

I am overjoyed to introduce you to these terrific & stylish bloggers! Savor what they have to say.

I’ve been drooling over this airy outdoor lounge since (you guessed it – see the pumpkins?) Autumn! Recently, I’ve developed an appreciation for neutral spaces that exude a combination of rustic appeal and contemporary flare. The antique bottles are one of my favorite elements; they remind me of my town near the beach, and here, really stand out against the white paneled walls. I could easily see myself enjoying a lazy afternoon in this room; catching up with friends, sipping some iced tea, and of course, reading my favorite design blogs!

Visit Kristina’s lovely blog – here.

I picked this room by Madeline Stuart because of its drama. The soaring fireplace, the tribal rug and the bold lighting all make such a statement! Even though the chairs and ottomans aren’t colors I would have normally chosen, the punches of color add that dose of the unexpected to make the room lively and interesting. I tend to be too safe with interiors, so this room also reminds me to take some risks for a much more intriguing space. I also love that the room invites you in with lots of natural light and that welcoming fireplace. There’s just some type of magic about this room that makes me love it every time I see it!

Visit Barbara’s lovely blog – here.

Note: Barbara has just moved to my home town Seattle. Can’t wait to meet with her in person!

I have two living rooms that I go back to time and again, and this is one of them. The room was designed by the talented Suzanne Tucker of Tucker & Marks. I love the eclectic mix of the abstract art, the traditional upholstered furniture, the brass ornamental table, the glass table, the ceramic lamps, and the gorgeous rug. The different textures and contrasting colors work well together.

Visit Teresa’s lovely blog – here.

I love this man’s study designed by Jan Showers for a home in Dallas, TX (my hometown). It’s such a bold, enveloping room, yet totally inviting. With the contrast of navy lacquered walls, zebra rug and old leather chairs it says “I’m stylish, but don’t take myself too seriously”. Couldn’t you just see yourself curled up with the Sunday paper and a cup or tea or entertaining friends for a cocktail hour here? This room turns my head because it begs to be lived in!
Visit Elizabeth’s lovely blog – here.

I absolutely love this space with it’s mix of traditional and modern design. It’s actually a pizzeria in Greece (!) however I think it would be great inspiration for a rustic kitchen too. The lighting and tiles are amazing and together with all the wooden elements, it makes a wonderful atmospheric and cosy space.

(Image via Yatzer).

Visit Lana’s lovely blog-  here.

For so many reasons, I am in love with this great room designed by Eve Robinson Associates. I am a true fan of open-plan living; in my Colorado ski town it encourages big family vacationing and also big, easy entertaining. I usually gravitate toward calm, neutral spaces with lots of natural elements and light. This room has it all: creamy walls, the big dry-stacked stone fireplace, gorgeous metal stair and balcony railings, exposed steel beams, so much natural light, a warm hardwood floor with big area rugs, miles of french doors (love the steel frames) and those built-in bookshelves reminiscent of something Frank Lloyd Wright.

All of the furnishings are right up my alley too. I adore iconic, sculptural 20th-century design and clean-lined, unfussy beauties of any era. (Pay attention to those marvelous David Weeks’ chandeliers!). The one love of mine you don’t see in this image is big colorful art, but it’s definitely elsewhere in this home.

Visit Liza’s lovely blog – here.

Since starting on our kitchen renovation, I’ve become less interested in appliances and cabinetry and more into creating a space that’s really about hanging out and everyday living. A comfy banquette with lots of pillows in soft patterns and textures softens what can be a cold, functional room. I imagine feet up, reading the paper, long, lingering meals, and easy conversation here. Warm woods, cool neutrals, and of course, huge windows to bring in tons of natural light all add to the easy, breezy, calming mood.

Visit Casey’s lovely blog – here.

Wasn’t this educational & fun! I loved learning from these blog friends and seeing through their design eyes. Thank you so much ladies!

I follow all of their design blogs. And you should too. (Blog link below each room image).

The series is to be continued…with more information and “personal 2 cents” from other good blog friends.

Hugs to you all!

Written by Splendid Willow in: 2 cents | Tags: ,

• Lana says:

Thanks for including me in this fab group, Mon! What a great selection of spaces, I’m especially loving the first room chosen by Kristina. It really does look like the perfect spot to spend a relaxing afternoon!x

• What a great post! And I haven’t heard of all of these lovely ladies so there are some great finds for me to boot. I find Lana’s choice especially inspiring… :)

• Debby says:

So great to find so many stylish ladies all in one post! Of course, all the rooms they selected are gorgeous! xo

• I am visiting from Barbara’s blog at Haus Design! What a lovely feature and a great mix of their 2 cents!

Same! These are all “new” blogs to me….and I look at a “bunch” of them! Thanks and I’m off to “blogland.” franki

• Thank you so much, Monica, for inviting me to join this fabulous group of bloggers! I am so happy to be introduced to new bloggers too! A lot of talent here!
    Have a great Monday!

• Each are wonderful for different reasons…something for everyone here! I am going to check out a few of the new blogs (to me) that I am not familiar with, wishing everyone a fabulous day!

• Good morning, Monika! How fun to see all the different taste and choices for today’s series! I’m so thrilled to be a part of it and excited to learn about some of your other favorite blogs that I’ll be adding to my reading list!

Have a wonderful day!
    xoxo Elizabeth

• Karen says:

Hi Monika,
    I love these referrals. I’ve found some of my favorite blogs thanks to others. I’m going to visit each and every site this week…I’m sure I’ll have some new “must read” blogs.
    Have a great week!
    Karen

• Fabulous post – so much talent here, thank you for putting this together!

• Monika I really do like this series! So interesting! Of course I already paid some visits and made some new friends as you suggested! I’m an old member of yours and I’m also following you via Bloglovin’ now! Can I ask something… could I be a nominee for one of your next posts in this series? Pleaaaaaase! I’d be thrilled if I did!
    Thanks so much for your wonderful posts and hope you have a lovely week ahead!

• quintessence says:

What a great eclectic selection – love them all!

• casey says:

Mon, thank you so much for having me here! I’m so excited to be among this group of bloggers, many of whom are new to me. You’re so wonderful to introduce us to each other–and to your readers! xox, Casey

• So many new bloggers to check out~thanks Mon!

• What a fun lineup Mon – thanks so much for making me a part of it! I’m off to visit these blogs, many of which are new to me. I look forward to getting together very soon. :)

• So many lovely blogging friends here today and so many inspiring rooms! Their 2 cents are worth so much more!
    xxoo
    Carolyn

• Such a fun post and what a fantastic lineup of wonderful bloggers – some favorites and some new faces. Love hearing their 2 cents. Hope you enjoyed our lovely Seattle spring weekend! Happy Monday.

Monica, what a great mix! Modern, trad, electic, retro, rustic… Better than a design magazine!

I want something from every room – the banquette, David Weeks’ chandeliers, the lime green leather chairs, the abstract art, the wall sconce (second image) and the outdoor lounge. And I would love to eat pizza in that ueber cool pizza kitchen.

A very fun read!

JC

• Ashley says:

So happy to discover these blogs/bloggers, many of which are new to me!

• Hi Monika!
    All of these so different I really like them all. Loved the colors in the Colorado house and the window seat th the littlt shed and those French metallic chairs in that other image……. Good group! I will have to make some more discoveries…… Maryanne xo

• Fun post… found you through Teresa. A lot of these are new blogs to me.

• i came here via elizabeth’s blog; love this series, did not want t to end……..and found new blogs to visit!
    many thanks
    debra

• Good Monday to you and all of these talented blog friends!

I loveTteresa and Barbara. They’re my dear friends and I’m so happy to see them here. It’s also great to see some new “faces”. Can’t wait to visit their blogs! :-)

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Oh I can’t wait to check all of these talented ladies’ blogs out. These rooms are to die for!!! Thanks for posting. Have a fabulous week!

• I’m over from Teresa’s blog, but I follow most of the others, too. I am glad to get to know a couple of new ones, as well as to be a new follower here! What a GREAT post :)
    Stacy

• stitchfork says:

Sun a fun post and a variety of tastes!

• […] – Check out Monika’s 2 Cents Series at Splendid Willow, and Kai’s March sponsors highlight at All Kinds of Complicated […]

• Monika! Thank you TONS for your sweet feature – It is so exciting to see all put together! I love the room Lana picked. Those pendants are amazing!

Hope your week is truly blessed!

Kristina
    Nook & Sea

• liza says:

Monika- It’s so great! I love the mix and I am so honored to be included. I can’t wait to visit all the other bloggers. Thanks so much again for inviting me to give my 2 cents!

• Carla Aston says:

I was directed here through Teresa’s lovely blog. All beautiful and intriguing rooms and some blogs I will have to check out!

• Ok I’m definitely in next time Mon as this is way to much fun. It’s great getting to see the faces behind the blogs and find out what they love and I get new blogs!

Enjoy your Monday!
    XX
    Debra!

• Beautiful round up from some of my favorite bloggers. I love this series so much, my friend! Love, love, love it!!! xo

• Some of my very best friends here and ….WoW, what wonderful rooms. Thanks for the showcase. Off to Round Top tomorrow. Wish I was meeting you there. XO,Mona

• lana’s greek pizzeria and casey’s breezy kitchen spot have me swooning. what a fabulous bunch of lovelies–keep em comin, monika.

a little blogworld catching up to do on this peaceful morning–still have family visiting so these moments are few!!!

love to you.

• Sarah says:

Great lineup – this is going to keep me busy for a while and a whole lot of new people to follow.

• Hi Mon!
    What a great group of gals..lots of new friends to make and visit.
    Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog about Digby!
    Hugs,
    Aim

• The room Casey picked is also one of my favorites. I LOVE her sense of style — and what she said about a cozy/hang-out kind of kitchen.
    Camille

• monika! so much wonderfulness all together at one time. where do I begin? Teresa’s pumpkin sofa is a good start….and to see more of liza from colorado is a real treat. I have a feeling I’ll visit this post many more times. great round up! donna

• Sherry Hart says:

Great post! Love seeing how different everyone’s rooms were…..thanks for the introduction of some new blogs I must checkout…..you are the best!

Love the room with the green chairs!!!