Mar
2012

Display Your Fashion

Here are some clever ways to display your fanciest fashion items. I am totally in love with the room above. What a creative work space for the fabric loving designer! And the torsos on top of the simple bookshelves (Ikea’s “Billy”?) are perfect. The glass cloches too. (Similar can be found at Restoration Hardware). No need to keep fabric treasures and jewelry in boxes. Show them off!

Simple hooks above a beautiful mirror to hang some precious garments on. Functional and artsy. Will copy!

How unique to use some vintage shoe lasts as jewelry hooks! (Michele, admit that this idea fits you like a shoe…er, glove!)

Who says that china cabinets are only meant for fine plates and crystal. Parade your most treasured items. (And no dusting needed!).

I love this vintage glass cabinet with doors that you pull up. My local antiques gallery has a few. Tempted to pick one up.

Wihoo! Everywhere I look the world is packed with brilliant ideas! I am just taking it all in.

Hugs to each and everyone of you.

Images: no. 1-4 via scanned via Elle Decor UK (March 2012), no. 5+ 6 via This is Glamorous, no. 7 via SJ Foto, no. 8 via The Posh Space

Written by Splendid Willow in: DIY | Tags:

28 Comments »

No way!!!!! These cabinets with the shoes in them….. No words to describe!!!!!

[Reply]

• So fun…a friend of mine actually has a huge oversized armoire for her shoes, it looks amazing (shes an artist and figures she would have though of that) her husband thinks its genius and my husband would probably look at me like I had 10 eyes if I suggested such a thing:) I love unique ways to store things and am forever inspired by others creativity in doing so. Have a great day, Mon.

[Reply]

I JUST did this…on vacation…not enough room…shoes in the bookcase! :) franki

• FLT says:

This would drive me crazy to see everything unless I had a dressing room or something. Honestly, the amount of closet posts I’m seeing on blogs and the oohing and aaahing over having hundreds of shoes and bags really bothers me, since it seems to focus more on materialism than design. (I’m not saying you were doing that since you seemed more interested in the storage itself, but it just seems very American in the bad sense of the word. And yes, there is a good sense of the word. :)

[Reply]

• Great ideas… have a linen bust in storage I think I will do something with in my closet. I have been on the run, so sorry I missed you. A huge hug to you. We’ll talk soon. Mona

• Ivy Lane says:

Love the idea of pretty shoes behind the glass doors of a beautiful cabinet….!

[Reply]

You always pick unique and inspirational images, Ms. Monica! Pinning away!

Happy Thursday.

JC

• designchic says:

What a fabulous way to display a shoe collection…adore the black and gold…stunning!! Hope you’re having a wonderful week ~

[Reply]

• I love these ideas but I know the husband if I do any of these ideas he is going to want to show his stuff too and we aren’t going there….t-shirts, baseball caps and boots…NO! Where did his gorgeous suits go?

XX
    Debra~

• Monica-
    I would have never thought of using cabinets for shoes, but these designers have thought of everything. I really need to use some of my items on the wall. What a great idea.
    I hope that you are having a wonderful week.
    Happy Thursday.

[Reply]

• omg. it totally fits me like a glove and has inspired a future photo shoot for displaying jewelry in my etsy shop!

i think the idea of a shoe cabinet is brilliant on so many levels…ahem…dust free and provides window shopping!

i would love to keep typing but i need to review the post and soak up the inspiration again (and again).

loved chatting!

• Karen says:

What a clever use of an armoire…and the other bookshelf display. I don’t have enough room for another armoire but it’s a great idea.
    Karen

[Reply]

• TACKK ..vad gulligt att du talar svenska också:) Ang det gamla skåpet har jag har ett visst motto ..och det är att blanda gammalt och nytt i interiör. Det finns inget som ger sådant liv till hus som saker som tex gått i arv. I Sverige är det just nu väldigt inne med att gå på loppis osv. Så känns helt rätt i tiden att bevara det antika:)
    Jag önskar dig en underbar helg och hoppas du kommer tillbaka snart…

LOVE Maria

PS AWSOME CLOSET PICS:)

[Reply]

• I absolutely adore vintage cabinets to display shoes, Mon! our treasures should be brilliantly displayed!
    I’m giving away a leather and sterling silver jewelry piece this week. Don’t miss it, darling!

• Shauna says:

I absolutely love the idea of using a beautiful cabinet for shoes. I wish I would have thought about this when remodeling my closet!!! Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful day.

Shauna

[Reply]

• Love the shoes in the glass front cabinets! Such a great idea, just wish I had room for it! xo

• Katharine says:

Hej, We have two things in common, we’re Swedish and we had a sketch done of our house by Amy of Maison Decor. I was one of the winners from her contest. :) My parents are from Sweden and my sister was born there. My brother and I were born here in California. Anyways, when I saw that you were Swedish I had to check your blog out.

Glad Pask!

Katharine

P.S. Here is the sketch, of my house, that Amy did:

[Reply]

• wonderful post, Mon! I actually use a cabinet that I found on a fleamarket for my shoes althogh I don’t have many shoes after reading a book by Karen Kingston :) Happy Friday and a big hug

• Mia says:

Hej splendid Mon!
    Golvet är Rappgo, vitoljad vitask; hårt, ljust och utan kvist.

Ha en underbar helg!
    Stor kram

[Reply]

• I think the glass front cabinets are my very favorite. If I only had the room!

• phuong says:

everything looks lovely

Travel in Style

[Reply]

Jag faller för flera av idéerna. Varför inte visa det vackra ? Skor, smycken m m
    Tack för att du visade det. Nu känner jag att min inspiration kommer tillbaka :)

Ha en jätteskön helg !!

Kramar

[Reply]

• I’ve never really been a girly-girl (hence the lack of shoe obsession) – BUT, I’m definitely experiencing a shift! My husband used to have more pairs of shows than me, and now I think I’m inching closer to him! I love that closet – maybe someday I could have room for something as sophisticated and roomy as that!

Kristina
    Nook & Sea

• Oops – I meant shoes!

• Laura Casey says:

What a beautiful idea – you have to adore your wardrobe to have it on display..I am envious of all those beautiful shoes in images #7 & #8! Great post,
    Laura

[Reply]

• Monica, You have inspired me. What a wonderful idea. Not only is it going to save closet space but a very creative fun way to actually see the shoes you own. Sometimes I literally forget I have certain shoes in my closet because they are tucked away somewhere.
    I am going to share this great idea with my clients.
    Thanks!

[Reply]

Great idea but i couldn’t make it work, probably only nursery!

[Reply]

• […] Link Love Shoes shoes shoes Monday April 16 2012 photo from Elle Decor UK (March 2012) via Splendid Willow […]

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL