Mar
2012

Rooting For My Entrepreneurial Blog Friends

I get such a kick out of friends turning their passion into business! I always have and I always will. I breathe the excitement with them and of course I do what I can to support their efforts.

Time to highlight some new shops/product lines. I am incredibly proud of these good blog friends and their business ventures.

Paula with Two Ellie captured my heart a long time ago. She and her blog are amazing on so many levels. She recently opened a shop selling pre-designed & personal scriptures in handsome photo frames. You can choose one of her favorite scriptures or bring your own to the table. What a wonderful way to make a rather simple gift feel more personal. Visit Paula’s store here.

My close friend Jill with Live Like You, who I have mentioned many times on my blog, keeps on adding more fabulous products to her private label. She has just launched a brand new pillow line. Quality and many different colors. All wonderful! Visit Jill’s store here.

And images of her interiors can be found on ads (for the home section of a leading morning paper) on buses all over Stockholm! How cool is that! You rock girl friend!

Via Jill I have met another friendly Swede, Erica with Studio Eriksdotter, who is a talented artist in Washington DC. Her artwork has been shown all over blog land. She has found her very own niche with her commissioned bridal bouquet paintings — all with a fresh, modern touch. Personal gifts for birthdays, anniversaries and special holidays. What a wonderful way of preserving memories for generations to come. Beats a dry flower bouquet for sure! The popular art pieces are all hand painted by Erica. (She works off photos). Visit her studio here.

And last but not least, my close friend Tina, with The Enchanted Home, took her passion to the next level by launching (this past weekend!) her first on-line store, offering home goods she is truly passionate about. In her store you will find exquisite items like monogrammed napkins, etched glass lanterns and unique silver pieces, among other things. I am not telling what I am getting this week, because then you will just snap it up before me! Visit Tina’s shop here.

I AM SO PROUD OF my friends! They are all staying true to who they are what they really like. And with true passion follows success – however you define success. Rooting for them all! (And all my other entrepreneurial friends who I have highlighted in the past and will highlight again).

And, for my own little shop, I almost fell off my chair when I learned that one of my products (Ilse Jacobsen’s boots) is featured in the April issue (page 24) of Fitness Magazine. How incredibly rewarding to know that my store, Splendid Willow Avenue, will reach 1.5 million readers. Pinching myself over here!

For all of you who have your own business ideas that you are really passionate about – just do it! If it is is meant to be, you will be amazed how things will start to come together.

Happy new week to you all.

Image credit: No. 1 via.

Written by Splendid Willow in: Store News |

26 Comments »

Rah rah rah for all these fabulous entrepreneurs! I am smiling all the way from Sweden to all the corners of the world where these resourceful and brilliant women keep on inspiring us!

Good luck to all and congratulations to you my dear for great PR!

xx Charlotta
    Charlotta recently posted..Lightness

[Reply]

• First a huge CONGRATS to you Mon on that plug in Fitness magazine, hey they know a great thing when they see it! And your things are fabulous. Second I am so hunbled and honored that you chose my new shop amongst these other wonderful enterprises. Thank you soooo much! It was an exciting weekend, I was thinking that it would have been better to launch on a Monday but as it turns out, Sat was a very busy day so it was exciting. And yes like you, I love seeing people follow their dreams…whatever they might be. Thank you Mon!!
    The enchanted home recently posted..My biggest announcment to date and a giveaway!

• Sherry Hart says:

Aren’t you the best….I know all of these talented people are tickled pink to be featured! I have yet to visit some of these but they are certainly in the cue……so excited for you to be featured in Fitness Magazine!!! Congratulations!
    Sherry Hart recently posted..I’m done celebrating…..

• designchic says:

Yay Monika…couldn’t happen to a nicer person, and so excited for all of these other fabulous bloggers!!
    designchic recently posted..Fashionable Friday: The Little Black Dress

[Reply]

• Congratulations on your mention Mon. You’ve featured some wonderful shops and have visited some so I’m off to preuse the rest. People are so amazingly talented!

XX
    Debra~
    Acquired Objects recently posted..A few treasures I’ve picked up…..

[Reply]

• Awesome mention!! Congratulations!! I’ve been working on a post with lots of E-stores, yours included! good timing!! XO

[Reply]

• How exciting Mon! Well deserved and I hope it brings even more lucky shoppers to your wonderful shop. I am so excited for you, as well as Tina and her new endeavor! I love those pillows so I am off to visit Live Like You and the others that are new to me!
    Barbara@HausDesign recently posted..Today I’m Loving…

[Reply]

Monica, what a happy & inspirational post! You have very creative & smart friends. All unique offerings. So fun to learn more!

Hugs, JC

[Reply]

You are an amazing, supportive friend Monika!! So glad to see all these great people in the round up and mostly congrats on the big article. Those yellow boots are insane!! You deserve all good things coming your way!!
    LiveLikeYou recently posted..Does your home feel like you?

[Reply]

• Monika, WOW! Congratulations on your mention and for having such talented friends! Thank you so much for including me in your wonderful post. I feel so honored, humbled and very thankful that you love my bridal bouquets. Here’s to future adventures! Cheers! xo, e.
    Erica @ Studio Eriksdotter recently posted..Original Painting: Keri’s Bridal Bouquet

[Reply]

• “For all of you who have your own business ideas that you are really passionate about – just do it!” Thank you for the kick in the butt – I’m embarking on new things this year, and needed this encouragement! And Paula’s blog is GORGEOUS. I adore her shop items too. So special. Thanks for the intro to a new gal to follow.
    Kristina Gulino recently posted..DIY: chalkboard paint savings jar

[Reply]

• Thank you for the roundup, Monika. Great artists.
    You are so on the money. Follow your heart. Wish I had learned that earlier.
    Never too late.
    Happy Monday.

• Ann says:

All spectacular and amazing!! Can you do a blog on how to choose which one of your passions to pursue . . . . . PLEASE.

Thanks, Ann

[Reply]

Happy New week to you too! I think this post is wonderful, I’m inspired to get going on my Etsy shop with prints and think that these ladies are super talented and obviously are getting recognized for their talents. So nice to have people such as yourself that mention them.

• Sanne says:

Grattis Mon!!! Fitness Magasin….1,5 milj….wow!!! SÅ så stolt över dig!

[Reply]

• how cool is it to see those yellow boots in all their glory in such a major magazine?!? a pinch me moment.

you hang with a very cool crowd of entrepreneurs, and how refreshing that you support each other!

i bet you are ordering the mongrammed napkins from tina.

smiles.

michele@hellolovelyinc recently posted..seductive palette {michael del piero}

[Reply]

• How lovely are you to mention so many wonderful online shops by fellow bloggers. I have got to take some time to look at all of them! I am so proud of you and your magazine feature!!! You deserve every bit of attention and press my friend. xo
    Marianne {Style For Living} recently posted..J.K. Place Firenze

[Reply]

• I’m extremely happy for you my friend and for all these very talented ladies. Yes, that’s what blogging is all about, sharing! That’s what good people, like you, strive to do in our blogging land. I’ve done it and I’ll continue on doing it.

Have a great week dear Monika.

[Reply]

• I have visited most of those wonderful shops, monika, but I am most excited for your print mention! so thrilled for you! very proud of you (and all the others) for making your dreams come true. love, donna
    a perfect gray recently posted..moody monday…

• Mon

I’m so proud of you for being on “Fitness” and they’re smart for mentioning your store, one of my favorites.

And I can’t help but also fall in love w/ Tina’s shop! That light fixture was my favorite thing there! Isn’t gorgeous?

Wishing a blessed week, sweetie.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com
    Luciane at HomeBunch.com recently posted..Cottage of the Week: France

• casey says:

Congrats to you, Mon! And so sweet of you to feature our successful fellow bloggers!

• Keren says:

Thank you for this kick in the pants to start crafting and creating again. As Nike says, “JUST DO IT”. Pull the trigger, and do it! I started my blog this year because of this attitude, and I try to continue to live in this “carpe diem” kind of way.

Keren recently posted..We’ve Got the Blues

• Shauna says:

A huge congratulations to you! I absolutely love your store and you certainly deserve all of the success. This post very inspiring to me, being new to the blogging world, I love to see and read about all of these great women thriving in their business adventures. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week.

Shauna
    Shauna recently posted..Touch of leopard

• paula says:

Oh Monika, I really cant express how much this means to me. I am honored that my little shop would be featured here! Thank you a thousand times over!!!! Of course your boots are gorgeous as always!
    paula recently posted..Turning Five {a party}

[Reply]

• So exciting that your store/boots were featured in the magazine- very proud of you lovely!!! And thank you for all these amazing shop reviews…a few are new to me and I can’t wait to check them out – LOVE seeing bloggers follow their passions…so inspiring!
    christine {bijouandboheme} recently posted..Project Zhush Resumes with an Office

[Reply]

• Your enthusiasm comes right off the page of your blog! I found your blog awhile ago from Enchanted Home and have been following along~happy to see Tina mentioned here as one who follows her passion and is taking it to the next level! Bravo to all!!
    amy@maison decor recently posted..Swedish Blue for the Mora Clock