Nov
2011

NEWS! Adding Chic Jarbo Wear To My Store

It is interesting how things come together in life. About a year ago my close friend Bianca introduced me to a chic boutique, Design 10301, in Bellevue (near Seattle) and my very first reaction was “the clothes feel so European” — simple, current with a little bit of an edge and made with really great fabrics. I have since purchased several lovely items from the store and its fashion collection Jarbo — all designed, and in some cases even made, locally in Seattle.

Some time ago, when all the stars were lined up, the talented designer behind these great fashion items, Sharon, and I happened to be in the store at the same time (I was just a loyal customer looking for a fancy skirt!). A fun conversation ignited and from there several meetings and photo shoots followed. Today I am so very pleased to announce that I am now representing several of Jarbo’s signature pieces in my store, Splendid Willow Avenue.

Meet Sharon Roth, the super talented designer behind Jarbo Collection. She has been driving this brand for seven years and it has become immensely popular. Her designs have been featured in Vogue and InStyle Magazine and Jarbo Collection can be found in many upscale boutiques an department stores in the US and Canada carrying European product.

“I won’t compromise on quality. That is where I draw the line”, says Sharon. “My designs are for the sophisticated customer who seeks luxurious comfort and timeless fashion.”

Jarbo is a lifestyle collection with European designer sensibility. Sharon employs local seamstresses but the materials are sourced globally. Pima cotton from Peru, tulle and synthetic blends from Portugal, leather from Italy, fine fully fashioned knits from Hong Kong + yarns from Italy, silk from Shanghai, techno fabrics from Japan and the finest cashmere from Nepal. Only the best will do.

Sharon is well known for her unique design sensibility and her many interesting design techniques such as draping. She is a strong believer in visual art.

So what it the story behind the name, Jarbo? “My first sales associate listened to an amazing Parisian vocalist with the name Jarbo. We talked so much about Jarbo that day that the name stuck with us when it was time to chose a brand name! I like that it has a European connection”, says Sharon.

Sharon flies to Europe several times a year for inspiration and fabrics. “I am really drawn to European design. Perhaps because of my own European roots but I also admire the  aesthetics — the subtleness in the colors and textures. Europe has always produced beautiful clothing. Understated elegance where luxe quality is always a key component.”

The Latte colored Chic Duster (below) can be worn in two different ways – like so many of Sharon’s designs.

In addition to a showroom in NY, Sharon has two physical stores, Design 10301 in Bellevue and a brand new boutique in Madison Valley, Seattle (with the same name) which opens its doors this week!

Early next year a new store will be opened in Brentwood, CA. And soon after a store in Boston will follow.

With my store, Splendid Willow Avenue, more people now have access to Jarbo Collection. I ship nationwide (and upon request, internationally).

Don’t be surprised if you see some collaborations between Sharon and me in the future.

To see a few pieces of Jarbo loveliness in my store! Enter here.

Don’t forget to take advantage of my 15% off coupon in House Of Fifty’s Magazine.  (See my previous post!).

P.S Thank you everyone for having been so patient with my lack of blog hopping lately. I owe all my blog friends big!

Written by Splendid Willow in: Store News |

Sweetie,
    This is a wonderful collection!! And I loved the story behind the name Jarbo!
    You can feel by seeing these pictures that the clothes are very comfortable!!
    I love that black dress and the ‘cache coeur’ on that coat rack. (As we name this).
    Congratulations to Sharon!!! Beautiful design!! I am sure that you will know a lot of success, selling this collection on your store!!
    Hugs from Belgium!

• sherry says:

Beautiful collection! How wonderful that she chose you to represent some pieces of her line! I love the neutral colors, yet the pieces have a sexiness to them for sure. Congratulations!

• OOh la la….love it. What a beautiful and practical comfy cozy collection of goodies!! I love that first long vest, so “me”. I look foward to seeing more of this, beautiful and wishing you much success with it!

• pretty pink tulips says:

Monika,
    This is such a beautiful collection — figure flattering and chic!! Thank you for the introduction to this gorgeous line!!!

xo Elizabeth

• Julie at BV says:

Monika,

I love her collection. It screams comfort and quality from afar. Her design philosophy sounds a bit like Chanel’s “luxurious comfort”. That’s all that really counts when it comes to design. I love that dress so simple yet so elegant and refined. I know this new collection in your store is going to be a hit.

Congratulations on your new addition!

• it’s such a lovely collection mon. so luxe and timeless. congrats on this new collaboration and yummy Jarbo expansion at the shop!

Monica!!! Only you! Looks amazing! A wonderful addition, I must say. Very upscale.

Congrats!

JC

• the pieces are begging me to touch them, yes? very sensual. and the ballet wrap will someday be mine–so versatile and me! congrats, mon

Monika – Congratulations!!! I love this collection and they are going to open a store right in my area that is great – so excited i will go and check it out this week. Again Congrats on this!

• I would every single one of these pieces! What a wonderful addition to your shop, Mon. Congratulations to you both!

• LOVE this line, Monica! Headed over now.

• Willow Decor says:

Hello Monica!!

Got your lovely message. Checked out your new items – they are so fabulous!!! God, I love every piece. Just stunning. And of course your friend is gorgeous. She makes every dress or top look even better!! Really great choices. They just add to your Splendid Willow look. So thrilled for you!!
    xx Gina

Monika it looks fantastic! Very chic Agnes B vibe. I’m sure your customers will love being able to add some Splendid Willow wardrobe to the already understated hip look going on over there. Congratulations!! There are no better pieces than timeless neutrals with a cool edge! xox

• Hello Monika!

This Seattle brand is a great addition to your store — such stylish and timeless pieces! (and just in time for Christmas shopping) They look wonderfully luxurious and beautifully made. A lovely gift for yourself and loved ones… I can picture so many of the items with a fabulous pair of the boots and one of the necklaces, too :)

xoxo,
    Sarah

• Giovanna says:

Ooh, Monika, these clothes look just up my alley! Definitely going to check it out. xoxo, Giovanna

• liza says:

I especially love the mohair vest and the wrap-tie dress. Wow!

• Kicki Ek says:

Monika!
    It looks great!
    Big Hug!//Kicki

• Wow, Monika. The clothes are so beautiful! So excited for you to have these pieces in your store! xo

• Sharon and Monika,

What a fabulous collaboration! The Jarbo pieces are fantastic, perfect for our weather, perfect for the upcoming Holiday season, perfect all around! I wish you much success with this new venture, can’t wait to see what else you two will have up your sleeves. And very stylish sleeves at that, LOL!
    Nancy xo

• This is SO exciting, Mon! Congratulations! This is just my kind of fashion – European, simple, chic, timeless. All the very best, Mon, I know you will do brilliantly!

Love to you!

Meera xx

Congratulations on yet another fantastic addition to your very STYLISH and Splendid Avenue!!

Monika the designs are beautiful! I LOVE the dress with the ‘penguin sleeve’ and also that very last outfit (turtleneck tunic. Totally ‘me’!

How fun!!

KRAMAR
    sis

• the zhush says:

Hello lovely lady! Congrats on adding this chic new to me line to your shop! Loved your picks in HOF, and love that we are in it together! It’s a fun reminder to me of how we are living these parallel lives on opposite sides of the country! Really hope to meet you one day in person!:)

• designchic says:

What beautiful clothes…love the wrap!! Can’t wait to go see the new pretties in your store – Happy Friday ~

• Stunning! Seriously, Mon. I totally agree with you, it has a very European feel and I love how everything seems to be comfortable, elegant and sexy at the same time. It’s really hard to find clothing with those qualities. I can’t wait to be back to shape after the baby so I can start shopping!!!! :-)

Wishing you a blessed weekend.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

• monika, you’re at it again…more beautiful things. your new additions look great on your avenue, I think the tuck dress is THE BEST – but the wraps are also so sophisticated. wonderful pieces and sure to be big hits just in time for the holidays! wishing you wild success (which I know you will have!) donna

• Daniel Butler says:

Welcome Sharon to Monika’s world!
    It appears to be a perfect fit.
    We at Ilse Jacobsen have nothing but great things to say about our partnership. I wish you both continued success.

• Jessie says:

Love the newest addition to you shop! So many beautiful and sophisticated pieces, it’s VERY YOU! :) Congratulations on the new partnership! I am sure the new addition will be well received! Wishing you continued success in your business!

P/S: Yup, the folks at The White Attic should hire me right away. Then, I can afford to buy the stuff there. Perhaps, they can give me additional employee discount, too! Haha… Honestly, please bear with me…when I like something, I tend to rave and sounds like a salesperson! LOL.

• Hello there, I am over from Brooke’s blog and I can see why she is so enthusiastic about this collaboration. I love every single piece here and really appreciate the aesthetic behind it too. If only we had more entrepreneurs willing to stick to their guns and create locally, the world would be a better place! Wishing you lots of success with this…but based on the comments here alone…it will be!

• Isa says:

Mon, this is so exciting! I love, love, love this collection, and can’t wait to have a few of the pieces for myself! I am so happy for you!
    xo isa

Wow ! Det är många vackra kläder i hennes kollektioner och min favorit är den bruna, ärmlösa klänningen.

Jag hoppas att allt är bra med dig ! Blogga när du hinner, jag tittar in då och då.

Kram

• Mia says:

Mon! Hope you’re fine! This looks absolutely fabulous ; )
    Talk to you soon!
    Love and hugs!

• Emily says:

Gorgeous designs!! Love it all!