Nov
2011

Meet Me Over At House Of Fifty For Their Holiday Issue

The Holiday Issue of House Of Fifty is out and it is jam packed with loveliness. 186 pages to be more exact. I have featured the Founding Editor and Blogger Extraordinaire, Janell Beals, many times on my blog. She has become a good friend over the years and I have so much admiration for her. She is extremely talented and has a great design eye but she is also a very genuine and thoughtful person. What you see is what you get with this lovely lady.

In this Holiday issue you will drool over segments covering, interiors, art, food, photography, perfect  Holiday Music (I need that list myself!), and tips on Smart Charitable Giving.

There are also several colorful pages of gift ideas, one of them by me. Janell invited me contribute to the “Gift Guide For Men”! Yikes! (The hardest of them all, at least for me). But I put my thinking cap on and really thought of gifts I would want to give to my husband and (picky) big brother. I hope you will find some inspiration too. (You need to also read the texts with the pictures to understand my thinking). Perhaps a punching ball (in rustic leather — to go with the decor of the house. Ha!).

Also fun to see many of my blog friends in this Holiday issue.  Hi to you all!

In this feature I am also running my first magazine Ad – ever! I have teamed up with my close blog friend, Jill with Live Like You, and together we have a  House Of Fifty Special going. 15% off on anything in our stores. Can come in handy before the Holidays! (Redeem your promotion code via the magazine).

Now pour yourself a cup of “something good” and get prepared to be inspired! Hop over to House of Fifty here. You will be glad you did.

Hugs to you all!

Written by Splendid Willow in: Guest Posts |

• tinajo says:

Verkar vara mycket fint i den – jag ska kika närmare! :-)

Gjorde ett kul DIY projekt för ett tag sedan; en sänggavel av plywood, lite målarfärg och tallriksunderlägg! Blev hur nöjd som helst, gick inte att slå det priset heller. :-)

Ha en fin dag! :-)

• Drooled over it first thing this morning…feel its her best edition yet! I also was happy to see your ad and discount, great ad!!

• I caught your ‘dude’ picks earlier and loved them, Mon. A great feature! I enjoyed the whole holiday issue…donna

• Julie at BV says:

Heading over there Monika to check out your gift list. I’m sure it’s fabulous.

Can’t wait to read the issue. Crazy crazy busy with my charity which is next week for 2000! people… So happy to team up with you – talented, fun, stylish Swede that you are. Will post tomorrow on my blog. Speak to you soon! xx Jill

Very cool! The magazine cover pulls you in.

Will use the coupon for sure.

You are busy, Mon!

• Julie says:

This is exciting! Looks like a really fabulous magazine!

• seriously swooning. you bet i’ll be visiting house of 50 (you know i say i’m pushing 50, yes?) and shopping online for swedish style.

loving your energy, mon. mine is low so this is cyber espresso, mama.

love.

• sherry says:

How sweet are you to promote so many bloggers….I can tell you have a good heart :). I can’t wait to sit down with a cup of coffee and take a look around the new issue. Have a wonderful week.

• Will says:

Loving the dude picks, Mon! Also, congrats on your first magazine ad… very exciting! (P.S. I am SO excited for the holidays!)

• looks fabulous Mon! congrats! have a lovely day, darling! xo

• I can’t wait to read this issue with a cup of tea! How exciting that you are a contributer!!

• Monica-
    Saw the new issue this morning! LOVED it! Added it to my Facebook page so everyone could enjoy!

• Janell Beals says:

Monika,
    I adore your gift picks for men, an area I struggle with each holiday!! AND, thank you for sharing the holiday issue of House of Fifty with your readers today! Janell

• Yuko says:

Monika,
    I just went through the magazine sitting down with a cup of spiced cider and I’m glad I did – feeling so inspired by some of the articles. The best magazine I’ve read in a long time! Thanks for sharing.
    p.s. I’ll be definitely checking out your store for holiday shopping… for myself!

Oh how fun Mon. I haven’t had a chance to read this one yet, but will do so asap.

Congratulations to you and Jill on a great team up. Hope you get a fabulous response to your ad!

Big hugs

xx C

• Wow! I can’t miss this issue! I’m off to take a little nap (w/ only 4 more weeks to go I’m feeling exhausted all the time! :-) ) and I’ll check the magazine after that!

Have a great day, sweetie.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

• Jessie says:

Monika, I love your picks on the House Of Fifty ‘Gift guide for men’! So many stylish and classic items! My favorites are the gym bag and the punch bag, they are truly chic and masculine.

You have great taste, Monika and I am sure I’m not the only one who have said that to you.

Have a fabulous day!

Jessie

Janell did a fabulous issue again and congrats on contributing. Love the punching bag and the ad is fabulous!

• Ooooh looks like a fab issue and I can’t wait to read your Gift Guide for Men (well done on being a contributor!), I need all the ideas I can get as my husband is not at all easy to buy for. Hoping over there NOW!

Love to you!
    Meera xx

• I love the willows trio- especially with the old frame.