Oct
2011

Knock, Knock On Blog Friends’ Doors

I feel blessed. I don’t need many glossy design magazines anymore! I can totally rely on my many talented and creative blog friends to keep me interested, inspired, current and well informed about the best design sources. So today, I am opening the doors (read: forcing myself in without ringing the door bell!) to seven blog friends homes to share what new interior projects have kept them busy lately. (More friends will be stalked for sure!).

1) First up my dear friend Nancy. She wanted to give her lonely looking living room wall a makeover. She and Hubby and a creative friend measured, leveled and cut out some inexpensive MDF strips and with some serious elbow grease they took the wall from this…

To this! What a masterpiece! A whole different room! (More here).

2) The lovely Erica recently gave her living area fireplace a new look with marble tile. She took it from this…

To this! How absolutely divine! Note: she is still deciding on the mantel piece. (More here).

(Erica is not only super stylish she is also incredibly generous. She recently featured a mouse box from my store on her blog, which led to a BIG design name picking it up for a magazine. Hope to show you soon!).

3. I have mentioned the friendly, upbeat and (oh so energetic!) Tina and her incredible home/castle/mansion before. Folks, you need to follow her weekly – Thursday – home updates. (She is moving in with her family in November. Now that is when the real fun begins — when she will begin to decorate her fantastic home).

The new kitchen is going in. (This is just a tiny corner…).

And the kitchen eating nook. Look at that amazing architecture!

(More here).

Tina just presented me with a Versatile Blogger Award. What an honor! Thank you so much Tina! But all the fantastic blog awards should really go to you.

4. My close blog friend Greet is busy with many design projects for picky, sophisticated clients. She has started to share moodboards for a living room and dining area she is working on.

Here is one of her inspiration images. I LOVE this room. So stunning. And leaving it to Greet will make it even more amazing! Follow her! (More here).

5. The talented (and witty!) Ms. Sherry is constantly showering us with all kinds of lovely projects she is working on. In many cases it is just a matter of simple and smart styling, without breaking the bank, to get the mega bucks look.

She took a client’s eating area from beige…

To chic! (More here).

6. Wonderful Casey showed us what she did with a guest room. (Not her own but belonging to a client). I absolutely LOVE the cozy feel and the colors & textures! Very, very nice!

And this is what it looked like before. Talk about a transformation! (More here).

7. And then finally my close blog friend Donna who soon will share her master bedroom re-do. She just shared a sneak peek of her new vanity. She found an antique, gray painted chest which she had converted to hold two sinks. She wanted something old as a focal point in the brand new bathroom. Can’t wait to see more of this! Mixing old with new is so my melody. (More here).

One of the friendly editors over at Houzz (over 600,000 ideabooks are stored at Houzz and many industry designers show their portfolios without any image overlap) asked if  they could feature my home. The feature went live yesterday.

Thank you Vanessa and Houzz! Many of you have already seen areas from my home (I need to take more images and show what new things I have been working on!) but I have many new readers who might be interested. Hop over here and say hello, if you have a moment!

Hugs to you all & happy cyber hopping!

Written by Splendid Willow in: Knock, Knock! May we come in? | Tags:

• Will says:

Tina’s kitchen space is amazing! Can’t wait to head over to check out the others! Super fun post, Mon! xx

• This was a GREAT post Monika! Greet and Tina are some of my favorite blogging buddies and I loved the paneled wall and fireplace makeover – those are amazing! I also just checked out your house on Houzz – it’s really beautiful…you are so humble to just slide it in at the bottom of the post!

• sherry says:

Aren’t you sweet to feature me along with all those other fabulous designers…… AND introduce me to a few new talented friends! Have I told you lately that I love you……:) Heading over to Houzz just to drool over your very own space again.

Oh my dearest Monika! What an interesting post you have done!! Stunning transformations all over here! Indeed you have a lot of talented designers among your blogfriends! This is why I so love blogging! You always learn from other people isn’t it!!
    And thank you so much for including me in your this post!! I am working on the finishing touch of this project! I will show pictures of it in one of my coming posts.
    And CONGRATULATIONS with the article in Houzz! Fantastic! I love your style and the way you have decorated your house!! You are also very talented my friend!!
    A huge hug and lots of kisses!

• Allison Egan says:

So much inspiration!! wow! I love it all but especially the guest bedroom makeover by Casey – so beautiful and welcoming.

xo Allison
    Spicer + Bank

Oh yes, the blog network is amazing and I love how I can refer to it for everything from dinner party inspiration to parental advice. And the best of all is that the knowledge and guidance is delivered by good friends. It blows my mind away really!

Darling your blog is so close to my heart and I feel all warm inside when you so generously share other people’s achievements like this. xx
    These girls are such an inspiration and there is so much joy in seeing a ‘before and after’ feature. Fun fun.

Raring, jag ska skicka ett paket till dig om inte så länge (efter att Marshall har åkt, den 6e Nov). Som vanligt är det bara lite smått och gott, men vill bara påminna om att du finns i mina tankar långt här borta.
    Ville också fråga om det är något du vill att jag hjälper dig med ang mamma. Jag kan köra förbi med julmat, blommor eller vad du vill. Bara säg till så ordnar jag resten!

Puss hej leverpastej från ett höst sprakande Sverige!

C

• Monika! I’m not sure what to thank you for more – featuring my project OR introducing me to so many new wonderful talents! you are so kind to share the spotlight – one of the many things we love about you. I am clicking over to houzz right now to see your home feature. thanks again and love to you! donna

Fantastic blog family! Thanks so much for welcoming us into your creativity. franki

• OMG, I am sooo touched that you included me Mon!! Thank you sooo much for featuring me and my kitchen! I am in awe of these other makeovers, holy moly….talk about major transformations. I am going to go and visit each one, only familiar with a few and always love meeting new people and learning more about their lives and projects.
    You are soo sweet and thank you and congras on the article in Houzz, they know a fabulous thing when they see it…and that’s YOU!

• I have seen Nancy’s home in person, and she turning it into a fabulous space! Her latest panelling looks so amazing! As for Erica, I finally got to meet her at our last blogger party – she is such a hoot! LOVE her to bits. What talent. She used to work for Sarah Richardson!

As for all the other spaces featured today, they make my house look like the poor house :( I so wish I was NOT renting…..I miss my house in Virginia. Can’t wait to finally find our dream house here! So many inspirational images floating around!

• i’m overwhelmed. in a good good way. what a fabulous group of creatives you have featured! i am sooooo borrowing some of these ideas for my home. and honestly, mon, lately i have felt somewhat bored with blogland and think i could step away from it easily. except your blog, ideas, and encouragement are always so fresh and authentic! addicting!

so proud of your feature on HOUZZ…how fun!

Love these makeovers. Great post Monica. I will share your article on Facebook! Want to see more of you there! Ringer dig idag! Kramar!

• Stunning transformation and always so inspiring to see somebody create this kind of magic themselves, without spending a huge amount. Your house feature is stunning, what a lovely home.

• pretty pink tulips says:

Monika – what an amazing collection of talented bloggers!! Some I knew and already loved (Tina, Donna, Greet) and others I am delighted to discover.

I believe you are right – you don’t need to wait on a monthly shelter magazine to be inspired by great design. It is already out there!!

Off to see your Houzz tour!
    xo Elizabeth

• Wow! Talking about a lot of eye candy! Love these homes and follow several. SO much talent in this blogging world.
    Thank you for sharing with us, Monica!

• I love that you are doing this, Monika! There is so much inspiration from other bloggers, it blows my mind! xo

Let me know if you can get together sometime next week! Would love to catch up.

• casey says:

Monika, I am so happily surprised and flattered that you thought to include my work. And I’m SO SO honored to be included in such talented company!

No need for magazines – just your blog!

I have a wall like that. What Nancy did is so darn inspirational!

All your friends are very creative.

JC

• Victoria Athens says:

Hi, Mom,
    I went to Houzz to see your feature and your house is just stunning. Congratulations on the press and for doing such great work. Of course, Will’s room has always been my favorite. Thanks for this fascinating post and an introduction to a few people I did not know.
    Best…Victoria

• Dearest Mon, I can’t quite put into words how honored I am to be featured here amongst such talented people. I am so thankful to you for your support, today and ALWAYS! You are the best, and now I must go off and visit each of these blog friends and of course hop over to see your home feature. Congratulations!! Can’t wait to see you soon :) HUGS,
    Nancy xo

• Mon, went over to Houzz….your home is sooo beautiful. Love every inch, they were smart to feature it, so pretty!! Thanks again for everything:)

• classiq says:

Incredible transformations! Such talented people. The blogosphere is an endless source of inspiration. :)
    Ada

• Good morning, Mon!

How are you doing? I love seeing your house and I won’t mind to see it again! :-) You’re right. I don’t really need look for inspiration on magazines anymore. We get it all on our friend’s blogs and I see you have plenty of very talented friends here! Love many of them!

By the way, I’m sorry I’m missing some of your posts lately. But I’m trying to spend very little time in front of the computer. I have too much pain if I stay here for too long (braxton hicks). So, I’m trying to take it easy now, since there’s only 4 weeks to go. Can’t wait to meet my little one!

Wishing you a blessed weekend.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

• Jessie says:

Thanks for the beautiful inspirations! You definitely have a lot of talented friends. Love every room you have shown here. Fabulous round up!

Jessie

Oh my all of these are awesome but a few pop out that i just love. Nancy and the MDF peices on the wall – FABULOUS love it. Tina’s house is just to die for. And what about the lamp above Ms. Sherry’s dining room that she did. Would that go in our hallway? Awesome post!

• Oh Mon, how I have missed you! Sorry I haven’t visited for a while, I’ve been a little under the weather and coupled with work pressures, blogging has completely taken a back seat :(

This post is SO full of amazing inspiration!! I can’t wait to check out these lovely blogs properly very soon!

Hugs hugs