Aug
2011

Announcement: Taking My Store To The Next Level

I am back from our wonderful & lazy family vacation on the Oregon coast. I have not forgotten any of you and I am looking forward to checking in with all of my friends to see what you have been up to!

For the last little while I have been a busy summer Mom and I have also been preparing to take my little store to the next level.

Today I am proud to announce:

NEW: Store makeover, its own separate domain name, more product categories and still staying true to my mission of:

Offering Unique, Well-Made Products With A Scandinavian Twist

Welcome!

I now offer even more colors and models from Ilse Jacobsen’s sophisticated line of high-end rain gear.

I now also carry some unique and lovely things for the young ones. Scandinavian design, of course.

I am very proud to be the first on-line store to carry Swedish native, Asa’s, fantastic jewelry.

And I could not have a store, offering the best I know from Scandinavia, without also carrying pelts from Gotland sheep –- desirable sheep skins from sheep from a rural Swedish Viking island in the Baltic Sea, where I used to spend all my childhood summers.

Not a jam packed store, just a few things that I am personally very attached to and very proud to represent. More to be added as I go along.

Welcome in! Enter Splendid Willow Avenue here.

I hope you like what you see.  If you do, perhaps you will help me spread the word by telling a few of your friends.

This coming Friday I am celebrating the launch of my recharged store with a fun and unique event with two very dear blog friends. I will remind you later in the week. You won’t want to miss it!

Warm hugs to you all and thank you for all your support. YOU are the ones who gave me the courage and wings to fly (and I am flying!). I am grateful to every single one of my friends/readers/supporters and Splendid Willow Avenue team/partners. Thank you all very much!

Warm hugs!

All images belong to Splendid Willow/Splendid Willow Avenue.

• Åh vad roligt för dig!! Så mycket fint. Jag brukar åka till Formex och Formland ibland bara för att få härlig inspiration. Det är kul :)

Hoppas du haft en riktigt härlig sommar!

Kram Jenny

• Annika says:

So happy for you honey! Perfect selection! <3

• That’s so awesome Mon! I just checked it out and it looks fabulous! You are an inspiration!
    Big warm hugs from Italy!

• sherry says:

Glad you had a great vacation…don’t you sometimes wish they could last forever……
    Good for you taking that leap! You go! Can’t wait to go shopping, my favorite thing:)

• Welcome home and congratulations, mon! I love every new item, especially the sheep pelts. All are sure to be big hits. Much success and love, donna

• designchic says:

My daughter and I are in the midst of completing her nursery for her little one due in September…cannot wait to go check out all of your new goodies…loving the mouse!!!

• Victoria Athens says:

Congratulations on your expanded shop, Mon. What beautiful items! I wish I knew a little girl to give that carriage to, sooo charming. I will pass the word along to my friends.

Congratulations! The store looks amazing! I love the new products!

WOW!!!!! This is going to be a very popular shopping destination. Very nice, Ms. Monika!

Congratulations!

JC

Sweetie,

It is fabulous!!! What work you have put in it!! And the inspiration gallery is wonderful! Congratulations!!!!! I wish you lots of success!!

A huge hug and a big kiss!

• I was just visiting your store the other day and LOVED the boots. Exciting to see more Scandinavian items for sale here in North America!

BTW: You won the painting from my giveaway! Can you email me and I can get the particulars from you to mail it to you?

Many hugs,
    Barbara

• i love the shop, and it will be pure pleasure spreading the word. your taste is outstanding!

i love how you have blurred the lines between work and play–this is the desire of my heart as well. your work, creativity, and inspiration is never lost on me and strengthens my little wings!

love.

• Sharon says:

Congratulations to you! Wishing you the best. Look forward to shopping in your store. Sharon

• love, love your shop, Mon! love every detail, every item. congrats! the store looks amazing. biggest hugs to you

• I am so so happy for you—the shop looks amazing and the new additions are just perfect :)

You have such an eye for beautiful things—unique and beautiful things—and I bet that these items will not last long in your shop… perfect gifts for a new baby, a couple getting married, a lady in your life, or yourself of course. As for the photography, well, the images just make me want to buy everything I see!

xoxo, Sarah

• Are you coming to Vancouver soon? If so, then I would LOVE to give you the painting in person. I can round up Nancy as well. We don’t live in Vancouver though but in the suburbs, over the river and in the valley so to speak. We would love to take you to some awesome antique shops and out for lunch! Let me know when! I am back from all my holidays and am around for the next few weeks. School starts after labour day.

Hugs.

• Janell Beals says:

Very exciting, looks great! Happy to hear things are going so well with your shop! Janell

Hello clever one!
    I love the new look Mon! It’s so sleek and nicely merged into a cohesive brand identity.
    Loving the new categories and I felt as if I was walking through a lolly store when I visited the shop. So many wonderful treasures from our beloved Scandinavia! Well done darling. I am beaming of pride for you. xx

I think I have decided to go for a raincoat in ‘Mandarine’ – such a happy colour to wear when the weather is gloomy. Not sure about the boots yet.. so indecisive still. Will confirm soon as Autumn is looming here..!

Lots of love and hugs from the motherland.

xx sis

• Chantal says:

Congrats, and I am soooo happy you carry Asa’s jewelry! I have been trying to reach her, to buy her creations.

Chantal

• Rosa's Picks says:

Your new site looks Great!! I am currently redoing my jewelry website and I just hope it will turn out as beautifully as yours!

• I am so proud and excited for you, Monika! The new site is such a great reflection of your warm personality and great eye for style. I have no doubt that this is going to be a huge success for you and will continue to only get bigger! Cannot wait to see what amazing things the future holds for you. xo

• Gina says:

I think I already responded but wanted to let you know I love the new store. Everything is perfect. I love it all.

Glad things ate going so well for you. I knew you were heading for big things.

Big hugs, Gina

• You know we are one of your biggest fans! Beautiful!
    God put this journey and desire in your heart, now watch it flourish! We are so excited for you!

Big Group Hug,
    Renee and Angela

• I think I, I mean my girls, must have the cute mouse items.
    Camille

• I love those Gotland sheepskins so different from the typical cream ones we see. And i’ll probably be back for some rainboots come fall.

• Your online shop is looking fantastic, darling Mon! Such lovely lovely products, well done! You were very sweet to spot the birthday mention before I went on holiday, thank you for your beautiful wishes. :-)

Love to you,
    Meera xx

• Monika, you really have outdone yourself, every item and every image looks incredible. I just love the photography. And I love that you have carefully hand-selected each item, they are all so beautiful and truly unique. You have quite the eye for fine things my dear friend, and I know there is nothing but success in your future!! A big hug and congrats from your Vancity sis!!
    Nancy xo

• Brooke says:

Hi Mon.

I’m in NY with limited internet, but I wanted to send my congratulations!

Love the new pieces.

xo Brooke

• Jessie says:

Congratulations on your shop expansion! I just checked out your store and boy, those beautiful rain boots come in so many gorgeous colors! I am also in love with the wooden toy stroller!

Hope your business continue to flourish! All the best!

Jessie

• Mary Stein says:

Congratulations! The website is a lovely layout!Good colors that convey your aesthetic.

• the store looks beautiful! congrats! I really love your mix mon! Hoppas du mår bra. jag är tillbaka från skärgården. tänker försöka ta bilder idag eller imorgon och mailar dig! xx

• Mon, The store is WONDERFUL, I want everything. including the cart for kids..even though i have none. 😉
    So very proud of you and wish you all the success. I am positive just like everything you touch this too will be hugely popular. I am with you all the way my friend. Thank you for bringing these EXCEPTIONAL swedish designs to us!!
    kisses

• Sharmin says:

Congratulations!!! I wish you lots of success!!

• carole says:

Mon, what a busy lady you have been! I’m now lusting after the Asa jewellery I’ll have you know.
    I wish you all the success in the world. You deserve it. xx