Jul
2011

Some Lovely Gifts For Me

This weekend I was shopping for some extra chairs for our outdoor patio at Pier 1 and I ended up staring at some glass rings at the counter. I admit I like good quality jewelry and I would rather wear nothing at all than some cheap and mass produced, but some of these rings were really beautiful, chunky and fun.  Glass is such a  lovely material. I think over-sized, bohemian rings are perfect for all those summer parties. And they were on sale for, hold on to your hats, under $4!

I got one with a Emilo Pucci (The Lord of bright colors) inspired pattern and I love it! Who knew that a $4 dollar ring could make me so happy! I will be wearing it a lot this summer.

And if I was as super model, I would have been wearing these sexy lace-up boots to a party, without any hesitation along with the dress too. (Too bad I am a short, petite thing with soccer calves…) The designs are also by Emilo Pucci (the business is now run by Emilio Puccis’s daughter — and I absolutely love so many of their collections).

I have also been eyeing the fabulous Hunter’s Dominica Flats. (Thank you Jenny for the inspiration!). And yesterday bought myself two pairs — white and black. They normally retail for $180/pair but several stores like Nordstrom and Pipelime now have great summer sales were they are 50% off. These flats are so comfortable and city chic. (Nappa leather upper/leather lining/rubber sole).

(But as far as rainboots go the best maker of high quality rainboot is still Ilse Jacobsen — hands down. I am so proud to be representing that fabulous brand in my store Splendid Willow Avenue, which right now is undergoing some changes. You will see very soon!).

Through a gift (or rather a giveway) is how I met Marianne with Style For Living. She won my giveaway back in December. She e-mailed me her address and would you believe that the girl lives literally around the corner from me – like 15 minutes away! Scramble, scramble, a coffee get-together was quickly set up and we hit it off right away! I am so incredibly happy to have met her. Blogging can get lonely at times and it is sometimes hard for me who is a social type. What keeps me going are virtual connections like this which blossom into good friendships also in the real world. How wonderful it is to be able to call Marianne and just say “up for a drink tomorrow evening”? We have the best time when we get together! We like similar things, are very supportive of each others ideas and we laugh a lot together! How lucky am I!

Today you will find me over at her lovely blog taking part of her ABCs of her blog friends. If you are interested, you will learn a little bit more about me (yep, all the way from A to Z!). But more importantly you will meet Marianne. Hop over and visit here. And say hi from me!

Warm hugs to everyone!

Images: no. 1 via Portero, no. 2 via Splendid Willow, no. 3 via The November Girl and last image via Style For Living.
Written by Splendid Willow in: Guest Posts | Tags:

Monika, The ring is fabulous! Sometimes “finds” that are inexpensive give us the greatest pleasure.

And thank you for introducing Marianne. What a fun place to visit Style for Living is.

Big cheers,
    Joe

• Fabulous ring and I’m loving those flats!! I’m always on the lookout for cute and comfy flats.

• I so enjoyed your responses to Marianne’s questions!
    Also loving your new ring :)

Brooke

Honestly, Pier 1! I bought one (like yours) and “wear it all the time” (with my swimsuit,etc!) franki

• the pucci ring looks fabulous as do those flats. i don’t own any. i’ve tried. 5’2″ and 92 lbs (child sized) so it’s just got to have a wedge. we could totally pull off those boots tho. who cares if they cover the entire thigh! and I LOVE THE DRESS. i’m a girly girl living in THE HOUSE OF TESTOSTERONE.

maybe reading the alphabet will bring relief.

hugs.

I love those flats! I don’t have any flats, since all my pants are for heels but those are adorable, might just have to get pants and shoes all at once :) Have a fabulous day in sunny Seattle!!

• How cute are you in your new ring! The colors are so fun! Great find on the flats too. Thank you again for being my guest today. You are simply the best! xo

• quintessence says:

LOVE Pucci – almost bought a chiffon blouse this year but I just don’t look good in frills!! The Hunter flats are adorable!! And I just loved visiting with you over at Marianne’s! That shot of you and your son is lovely!!

• I adore Pucci!!!! Those boots are too die for! :)

• tinajo says:

I love that ring – would make me happy too! :-)

• Love your new ring. Headed over to Maryanne’s right now. Hugs to you. Mona

• oooo those lace-up boots look SO sexy!

• I love this post Mon! Can’t wait to hop over and learn more about you … and PS. I am a short little thing with soccer calves too :)
    Nancy xo

• annie says:

Love the ring, but must have those Hunter flats…so cute and a great price! How have I not seen these? Thank goodness I read your interview on Marianne’s blog today!

• Love that ring! And I am a sucker for flats. When I am in the US for the next few days I will have to hit Nordstroms! We are off camping at Deception Pass – can’t wait! Then we are off to CA in a few weeks! Can’t wait to shop down there!

As for Marianne, I love her blog! How fun to have a blogger around the corner. There are about 4 bloggers that live about 15 min away – fun to get together for coffee and such!

• your ring and flats are beyond wonderful, Mon! love flats. so glad about your last comment. big hugs

• Oh Mon, you could pull off those fabulous boots… AND the dress! It’s a killer look, I would love to have an occasion to fashion that. Lovely pressies and I LOVED reading your A-Z… OMG, I’m also the worst time optimist, ha!

Love to you, sweet lady!

Meera xx