Mar
2011

I Dig Cost Plus/World Market

Yep, really. I find myself heading  over to Cost Plus quite often nowadays. In the past I would only visit this “global marketplace” for the European liquorice (yes, like most Swedes I am addicted to the salty version!) but ever since I purchased our solid oak kitchen table (which I still love), I have found so many good design finds. And I find myself coming back for more and more. I don’t know if they have a new purchasing team or what — but I think they are better than they have ever been. Some lovelies:

You probably remember our new kitchen table. I don’t like veneer tables. This beauty is solid oak and it has that gray wash that I love. (We now also have the bench).

This hand carved tribal side/drink table is handsome and very versatile. And it is only $149.99. Come on — that is a steal.

A quite lovely swivel chair.

A pretty pillow.

I trotted home with these gray, braided placemats for the kitchen table the other day.

Round again… Adorable gray, scalloped cotton bath rugs for my girls’ bathroom.

I like several of their glass pitchers.

These textured baskets are great.

They have some unique toys like this Pirate’s ship kite. Prince William (3.5) would be in heaven running with this on the beach!

This magnetic house will be a winner on a long car trip.

You will also find many great treats for the Easter baskets.

Anybody else out there addicted?

Warm hugs to you all.

Written by Splendid Willow in: Just Because I Like It |

Hej !
    Nej, inte än. Men det ser intressant ut… ! Är vi svenskar speciellt lakritsälskande ??

Ha det så bra

Kramar

Hej hej. Sitter I med min alleles sprillans Nya iPad2 som jag fick i for tidig fodelsedags present fran maken. Han gjorde det for att jag ar sjuk igen. Blah!
    Din blogg ar den allra forsta jag last pa den i denna premiarens time. Ibland tar man det basta forst! Xx

Vilken fynd gruva du har hittat – sa manga bra saker. Bordet tyckte jag om pa en gang sa kan tanka att aven banken blev bra. Grattis!

kram till dig och de dina

Sis xx

• those baskets are great, and YES, I have to walk through everytime I’m near!

donna

• gillian says:

Yes. Especially loving that pillow!

• paula says:

I have been needing a small side table! That one is perfect. Wish I saw it yesterday when I had a 25% off coupon. ha.

• Great finds. Love the little cocktail table and swivel stool. Unfortunately Little Rock is not a big enough market for such a store. I don’t think they have an online store do they? I’m going to have to google and see. Have a great day. Mona

Oh yes, i have one right by my work, i try not to go every week, if i do i come out with something, last week i bought square bowls. Love them, but it is a dangerous store!

• Love the swivel stool! Reminds me of architecture studio all over again :) Happy Monday!

I don’t know if “they” changed buyers or not but the new merchandise is just cracker jack!! franki

• Ann says:

I’m addicted to that table. I posted on it months ago and have been in love with it since I saw it. I already have a farm table but if I had a place for it – I would buy it. Love those bar stools and if I buy my little Napa house these are going in. I even like their table that matches them – I would likely use it as a desk. Love all their stuff. Great for little pieces here and there in the house.

• michele says:

never ventured inside one but am now CURIOUS. thanks for the tip and all those yummy finds.

have a wonderful week, Mon. the sun is shining here, the sky looks like one of those fake animated ones with the suspended clouds, and my son (who i constantly miss) is home from college for spring break so life is good!

love.

• Zyprezz says:

jeg er “addicted” til design generelt…Mid-Century…og må holde igjen, både på etsy, ebay og tradera.se…må snart åpne egen butikk, men trøster meg med at prisene stadig stiger, så det er jo investeringer for fremtiden…hehe..

Flotte bilder! Den der “swivel chair” skulle jeg gjerne hatt. Takk for flott inspirasjon!!

Go’klem fra Ingrid

• designchic says:

I so agree…especially love the table you bought!!

I need to check this place out!! I’ve seen it online but have yet to find one in the area to go and do some “damage” at. Did I understand that right-Swedish licorice??? That’s enough reason to RUN over there!!

• Julie says:

No..never heard of it, where have I been?? Looks really great with an eclectic mix. Hope you’re having a fabulous day!!

• Stephanie R. says:

i absolutely ADORE your new dining table! what a spectacular find.

• liza says:

The nearest one is 2 hours away, but I went the last time I was in Denver. I like that swivel stool, especially!

• gaia says:

Addicted tooo……
    How are you darling?
    How is your store?
    Talk to you soon…hope so!

• Oh, I love World Market too!! I go there a little too often :) I love your kitchen table – I’ve admired it in the store quite a few times.

• Ever since I read about your gorgeous dining table (that is EXACTLY the kind of table I want!), I have been wishing they would ship to the UK!

Hope you’re having a lovely week, Mon!

Meera xx

• oooh love the magnetic house! My sweet girl might take after her Momma and take over our design biz.
    The tribal table is pretty great too.

• I absolutely agree! I have found great lighting and excellent storage pcs in addition to some cute accent tables and table linens there lately. Love their styles and the prices can’t be beat!

• lenore* says:

Luv the stool!
    They have great inexpensive wines too!

• hi hun,
    Totally! World Market is filled with little (and large tresures). WE LOVE our solid (REAL) wood dining table from there. I also love their selection of wines and soaps.

• Totally agree!! They also have great coffee :)

• Piper says:

so funny you say that – any time i go there, i end up finding something i love! plus we go there because they carry Aussie beer!!

• escapade says:

Some amazing finds! Love that little tribal side table – such a versatile piece!