Feb
2011

Great Print + A Fun Hang-Out

When I saw this print in the latest issue of Living Etc., I smiled with my whole body. I have not bought in to that whole graphic print trend with witty quotes and statements but if I am going to buy just one — it will be this one, by Anthony Burill. (Anthony Burrill’s persuasive, up-beat illustration and design has been commissioned by cultural, social and commercial clients around the world from New York, to London to Tokyo). A little bit of fun and a little bit of color.

And this is where I have been hanging out for the last few days — in beautiful Vancouver, BC Canada. For any of you visting us/Seattle — here is another destination for you to consider. It is only 2.5 hours away from Seattle and packed with culture, a good social scene and terrific shopping. Along with Stockholm (well, of course!) it always ends up on the list of the most beautiful cities in the world.

Pan Pacific Hotel down town is where we have been hanging out. Hubby made sure we had a water  and mountain view.

One of the best gifts any mother can get, is a getaway with no cooking, cleaning, chauffeuring to 200 activities and picking up “stuff” after a small army of people and animals. Another reason to smile from ear to ear!

Warm hugs to you all.

(I will check in with all of my blog friends as soon as I have caught up).

Written by Splendid Willow in: Art & Antiques |

• tinajo says:

Haha, that print is great! :-)

Wow, Vancouver looks wonderful – another place to put on my list. I wish I was rich so it would go faster to get down my list – it´s growing and growing in a much higher speed than I travel! 😀

• Mia says:

Sounds like a lovely trip, and the poster is fun.
    Kramar :)

I will go with you!! What a wonderful getaway!

• Tina says:

Dear Mon!
    Vancouver and Print looks just amazing and I´m so glad to hear you´ve had a great time! It must be contagious cause now i´m having a big smile on my face as well:)!
    Wish you a happy new start this week!
    All my love!

What a wonderful treat to get away from it all in such a stunning place! I too am smiling from head to toes knowing you are so well looked after by your dear husband.
    Is this a birthday treat?
    With Oscar’s birthday today and yours only two days away my mind wanders between my two favourite Piceans these days.

Vancouver.
    I have long dreamed about living in this amazing city. It has been on the plate many times and I hope that one day it will become true. I have always had such a gravity towards Canada – think it’s just ‘one of those things’. How fun wouldn’t it be if my dream will become reality.!!

Warm sisterly hugs from afar!

xx C

P.S. The print is fantastic! What a great addition to the wall that would be! I think you should get it!

• Mon, what a wonderful post and a reason to smile from ear to ear :-) Hugs to you

• Ahhhh, Vancouver. Exactly right, such a beautiful place as is all of the Pacific Northwest. This sounds like a lovely little vacation for you & hubby…perfect of him to whisk you away. Take lots of photos so you can show us, these are wonderful. And, so is the quotation !!
    xx’s

Hope you are having a wonderful time in Vancouver, i go there to shop!!! Since they have all the European brands. Love the poster!

• Lucky you!! And good for you!! You deserve it, hope it was wonderful…sure looks like it was!

• michele says:

the print made me smile too. i love evocative word art and love creating and offering originals on canvas–so much nicer than a print! what a great getaway, Mon.

hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com

Wow – that’s insanely beautiful. I want to go there someday. have fun. That print- I want it!! It’s brilliant.

• Oh great! So glad this fabulous mama is enjoying a well deserved break. Good on you friend. ps; I am totally going to steal you away to a trip to Vancouver when I visit Seattle.
    Happy week mon.

• I love Vancouver too! I was just there in October and love how close it is to us. Hope you had a great time!

• I’ve been to Vancouver last summer and I stayed in the same hotel! Loved the Pan Pacific.
    Did you take some pics with that giant whale sculpture outside? :-)

• Lana says:

Wow the hotel and Vancouver look amazing! Enjoy every minute, you totally deserve it!x

• I hope you had a wonderful time!! It looks So beautiful there! Looks like it needs to go on “My List” of places to see. Someday :) Hope you are well!

• These are beautiful photos! I’m so glad you had a great time in Vancouver Monika! I can’t get over how built up the city is now. Very cool that you stayed at the Pan Pacific because just over 20 years ago, I had my grad party there with 200 hundred other students from my highschool.

• We must be very similar Monika because I had the exact same reaction to this print. Smiling, and laughing, *right now*! Keep Calm makes me want to scream every time I see it, but this I might just have to have.

• Julie at BV says:

It’s funny to read that poster Monika, yesterday while at the supermarket a cashier said the same thing to me referring to my coat and at first I wasn’t really sure what she meant until I realized ” Ah..this lady is into fashion” and then she asked “Is it old” meaning if it was this season. I said “no it’s last year” and she replied “oh..it’s old” I was like what…? I think I should study more about fashion.

Lucky you in Vancouver. Have an excellent time.

• Leigha says:

Hope you delighted in every moment! My husband and i are thinking of planning a train weekend – up to Seattle, then on to BC!

Leigha

• eva says:

yay vancouver!!! glad you had a good time:)