Jan
2011

William’s Bedroom Makeover Part III – Bed Linen & Lamps

Thank you all for your help so far! You have been absolutely fantastic with the great advice and suggestions. Just a  few more things before we start painting the walls next week (actually a charcoal board and the ceiling will also be added to the paint project. More about that next week).

I have already picked out the bed linen to go with Prince William’s striped headboard. I bought it six months ago and it has been sleeping in William’s closet! I immediately fell in love with this pattern when I first saw it. The dots are not perfectly round but more of an  irregular Ikat pattern and the set can be found at good, old Ikea! Perfect for a happy 3-year old. Hope you approve.

Right now I am internet shopping for a nice bedside lamp. For whatever reason I can’t get the “Accordian” light look out of my mind. There are several models out there and I think one will give the room more of a big boy’s feel. I can kick myself for not having purchased this beauty (below) earlier from Pottery Barn. They no longer carry them! Boohoo!

But there are other models out there and I will keep on hunting (I would prefer one in silver):

Via Ballard Designs below (but it looks like they are out right now! Grrr!)

Via Lamps Plus

Via Micromark

Via Restoration Hardware. I like it! (Below).

Happy weekend & warm hugs to you all!

Image no 1. via Splendid Willow.
Written by Splendid Willow in: My Home |

Monika,
    The bedlinen is gorgeous!! Very well chosen!
    Love all the lamps you showed! Would have chosen the similar as you!
    Happy weekend my friend!

• Joanny says:

At first I didn’t think I would like them, — but I do … and love the blue and white bed linens.

It is going to look fabulous when you are finished.

joanny

• ooh I really like your favorued light as well. There’s no chance of getting them in London though if you can’t over there.

• Love that last bedroom shot! Awesome fabric choice also.

I’m going to try to see if I can “live” at IKEA – they just ROCK. Honestly, if you have an IDEA you can find it at IKEA. franki

• designchic says:

Monika, I adore your picks…the irregular polka dot is my favorite – can’t wait to see the unveiling!! Happy Friday ~

So cozy, love the linen and the lamps. You can’t go wrong with any of them.

• Arlene says:

Try Restoration Hardware for the lamp.

A H

Can’t wait to see the final room!

Have a fun weekend, Ms. Monica.

JC

• The lamps are going to be perfect for Prince William! Can’t wait to see it come together. I’ll touch base regarding next week!

• quintessence says:

LOVE the bed linens and your thoughts on the lamps. He’s going to have the chicest three year old’s room going!!

• Mon, the bedlinen are wonderful! Looking forward to see the final room :-) Thank you for your wonderful and warm comment. So glad when I see a message from you. I had some fantastic days on ski with my family. I don’t know how it happened but I’m really ski addict :-) I’m at home but I still have some alpine daydreams. Have a great weekend. Hugs to you, Mon

• Tina says:

Dear Mon!
    It feels so exciting to follow the work and progress on your sons room makeover. Can´t wait to see the final result. I bet it´ll be so cool and perfect!
    Love the type of lamps you are showing and totally get why you ‘kick yourself'(promise to not be too hard on yourself) about the one from Pottery Barn, I adore that one too. It has such a perfect industrial vintage look. I´m certain you´ll find a even better one though!
    Lots and lots of hugs!

Hej hej!

Loving the fabric choice. Think it will look fabulous on the bed. Dots and spots are so playful and ‘happy’!

The idea of an ‘accordian lamp’ is fab too. Always good to have an adjustable lamp next to the bed. Don’t forget to add a ‘dimmer switch’ to it so that you can adjust the ‘mood’.

Kramar
    Charlotta xx

• liza says:

I love both. Linens and lamps. So fun!!

• Mon,
    As always, I love the look you are going for. The fabrics are fresh! great find from good ole ikea.
    the accordion style lamp is so practical in a little boys room too. cant wait to see it in person sometime.

• Stacey says:

Hi Mon,
    Love the fabric and print you chose-very fun and still soothing at the same time. The accordion lamp is another amazing choice and it’s so flexible too! I can’t wait to see more:-). I hope your weekend was fab!! XX

• paulap says:

Adore the bedlinens. I got KJ’s fro ikea too. Love the lamps too. A pair of wall lamps I wanted from pottery barn are gone too, so sad.

• Julie at BV says:

I’ve always loved that fabric from Ikea. That’s the one We used for decorate in the house for Lucas’ baptism. I’m sure William’s room will look beautiful.

• I’m loving it all. You are so GOOD!!!! XOXO, Mona

• sara barroso says:

I have a great lamp for you that we saw today at the Las Vegas World Market. I’ll email you a picture. Great job on the room, by the way.
    Sara