Dec
2010

I Am Starting To Decorate For The Holidays

Happy new week to you all. I am slowly starting to decorate our house for the holidays. My candy store is set up (see here). And now all the rest will follow.

Hyacinths. I love hyacinths. They are high up on my list this week. And clear bulb vases. Simple and beautiful. And very Swedish to me.

And branches. I love bringing mother nature inside. A branch with moss on it would be heavenly, but so far I have only dragged one home and no moss.

Our past weekend was very busy. Getting the tree and all the lights and many decorations up is always a spectacle worth paying to observe at our house. But once all the things have actually made it into the house, we go easier on each other with peppermint hot chocolate and good holiday jazz to put everyone in a good mood (an annual tradition).

This weekend I found this vintage (hand made) lamp house at a local Antiques Gallery. I am not really into seriously cute things but the kids always love having a small winter village and I thought this house would play a lovely part. I also found this paper ribbon tree at the same place for $5.

Here is another thing I am bringing into the house this year. The perfect welcome greenery for visiting guests, with just a few lovely clip-on birds.

And paper whites with pine cones. I love the smell.

It is not going to happen this year, but how lovely with just simple wreaths on the windows.

Another busy week here. Hope everyone is happy and not too stressed.

Love to you all.

Images: no. 1 via Country Living. no.2 via Skona Hem, no. 3 via Haute Design, no. 4 via Skona Hem, no. 5-10 via Splendid Willow. no. 11 + 12 via Canadian House & Home, no. 13 via Skona Hem.
Written by Splendid Willow in: Holidays & Celebrations |

• Will says:

I love the simplicity of those wreaths hanging in front of the window, Mon.

Also, it’s fun to see that you are bringing the festivities into your home – we did the same and the Christmas music is filling our apartment nicely!

Thank you for the kind offer to ship the yellow table; if I had space I would have jumped at the chance!

OK, off for coffee, it’s veryyyy cold here this morning – trees thick with frost!

Monika,
    I love the decoration you will do! A lot of beautiful things! I recognize the peace sign that I received from you last year! I am gonna hang it on my Christmas tree again, so I will think of you every time I’ll look at it!
    I hope to start decorating this coming weekend!
    Hope you will have a wonderful week getting busy with your decoration!
    Love the pictures of your children! They are just beautiful!

Hej !
    Mina lussebullar blev ätbara, men en aning av något saknades. Jag kan inte komma på vad.

Den första och sista bilden är underbara. Ängelvingar saknar jag :)

Du har säkert ett vackert och juligt hem.

Kram

Loving the warm family pictures and all the other inspiration you shared!
    Ville has grown so much!! Goodness!!
    I adore family traditions and can only imagine the joy and laughter over what sounds like divine ‘minted hot chocolate’. How wonderful Monika!

I know you treasure these times and I wish you all a continued cozy lead up to Xmas!

Kramar
    sis xx

P.S. Antligen har jag lagt upp bilder fran kalaset.. Pust!

• nannykim says:

I did the branch thing last year but this year since we hope to be moving in December, we are not doing much at all. Where did you find the little clip on birds?

• Carole says:

Such lovely ideas Mon. I love the candy store idea but would probably eat it all myself! I’m going to fill the house with bulbs and greenery and I might steal your idea of the clip on birds :-)

Have a lovely week. x

• Janell Beals says:

Looking festive…love the idea of putting on Jazz while decorating the tree. Happy Holidays!
    Janell

Mother Nature…the matriarch of decorating! I love getting branches and spraying them gold, silver, etc. and glitter and birds and….. franki

• I love the hyacinths! Got some from Ikea, but here they look so much nicer!

• TSL says:

I’ve gone to heaven. Beautiful.

• Lana says:

Ah so many lovely ideas in this post Mon! Adore the hyacinths in glass vases and those wreaths in the windows especially! I put my Christmas tree up yesterday, it was such fun!x

• Sonia says:

Dear Monika: Love the picture of the children and your lovely ideas!

Sonia

• Oh your kids are so sweet- don’t you just love Christmas with little ones:) I adore those branches with the birds and also love the angel wings on the chairs. The paper whites are so lovely and I know your decorated home will be gorgeous!!! Can’t wait to see:) xo

• audrey marie says:

omg those angel chairs in the first picture are AMAZING!!!

• mydesignchic says:

I adore the trees on the dining table, and your children…so, so precious!!

• liza says:

Look at those angel wings! Can you imagine having those?? Your house will be beautiful, how could it not be? Especially with such sweet children to fill it! We will find our tree and decorate this weekend – it has come up quickly!

• paula says:

this all looks so beautiful! your babies are adorable. Love the little house, just perfect.

• Tina says:

Dear Mon!
    Lovely & adorable Christmas inspiration!
    Love the hyacints in glass vases, have to get some of those:)!
    Massor med kramar till dig!!!

• The birch trees in the first image are pure perfection! Your children are adorable! These must be the girls starring in the Nutcracker. Loved the performance!

• Calm, fresh,
    cozy and lovely!
    Thanks for the
    inspiration, Monika!
    Your little angels
    are adorable, too : )
    xx Suzanne

• gaia says:

what a fantastic inspiration!
    I remember my decor from last year…How are you darling?

Miss you and I’m so sorry It’s been a while I didn’t comment on you blog!
    You are always in my thought!

LOL
    Gaia

• Mia says:

Hi lovely Mon, what a nice selection of christmas pictures, and your children are adorable!

Hoppas att allt är bra!
    Stor kram
    Mia

• Some lovely ideas. I love the paperwhites with the pinecones. What a beautiful centrepiece idea.

• jenna says:

I believe there must be some Sweed in my blood because I do love bringing mother nature inside to decorate! Beautiful bulbs, I don’t have any yet….but hopefully I will soon. I just love decorating for the holidays and rearranging. It feels GREAT to feel good in your home.

I like the greenery idea w/ the birdies, so cute. Happy holiday decorating!

• Leigha says:

Post full of ideas! Love the hyacinths…I need some of those.

Leigha

• Oh, how lovely….your home & kids are so beautiful Mon! Such great inspiration you found too…I am going to do that same simple arrangment ( branches & birds) for my guest room. Love it….hope you are having a great holiday season hun!
    Melis