Dec
2010

Perfect Gifts For Her & Him

Phew, what a wirlwind week! I have so much going on right now (will tell you more next week!)  and I just need to get the holiday gifts off my chest. So, here is my last list. And once again, no dreams or pretending– everything on my list (s) are things I truly like and can see myself going for.

2011 Color-A-Month Daily Planner Box Set.

A chatty Ohh La La Recycled Felt Applique Pillow.

Back Lace Boot. (Gorgeous!).

Petal skirt.

Felt Peace Sign Wreath (14″ diameter).

Is it crazy to give holiday decor as gifts? I don’t know, but I wouldn’t mind being on the receiving end of this Burlap Sack Advent Calendar.

Recycled Glass Balloon Vases.

Amethyst tealight holder. (Very nice for a little bit of glamour!).

Love this vase from Tiffany. (Simple, beautiful and, to me, almost Swedish looking).

I always have a tough time finding perfect gifts for the Mr. I really had to dig deep on this one.  But here are a few ideas.

On at least 3 occassions I have been talking about framing old vinyl covers (for sentimental reasons as well as for great art). It turns out that Pottery Barn is now selling wood gallery frames made specifically to protect and display vintage records and album covers. (You need to take out the mat if you want to display the cover).

Leather IPad Cover.

Monogrammed leather journal (for the bedside table).

Monogrammed leather Catch-all (my hubby desperately needs one!).

Penguin water carbonator. (It should really be on MY list!) Perfect for those who want to eliminate the need to purchase soda/sparkling water.

Patagonia wind-proof gloves.

Ugg Men’s Shearling Slippers.

Professional immersion blender.

Stainless milk frother. (You will get a home made latte in seconds).

Belstaff Roadmaster Jacket. (Nice design and waterproof. Made in Italy).

And for him or her go shopping for some antique prints (E-bay is one good source). Beautiful and something that will never lose its value.

There you have it. My gift idea contribution. I hope you did not fall asleep!

Wishing you all a lovely weekend!

And make sure to visit next week when I have a fun thing to announce! (It will hopefully explain why I have been such a lousy blog friend lately).

Last image via Skona Hem.
Written by Splendid Willow in: Home Goods & Accessories | Tags:

• Tina says:

Lovely things – I especially love that Ooh La La pillow! :-)

Hope everything is fine with you, it´s SO much snow here in my parts of Sweden right now and I hope it will hold til Christmas… Fingers crossed..! :-)

What a list!! My husband also need a catch all box! Wonderful idea! Thank you Mon!
    Wish you a nice snowy weekend!

Nope, I am wide awake. The ‘hers’ list did that for me! Have drooled over the same pillows. Will one ever tire of graphic prints?
    Also think the ‘book a month’ is fantastic! What a brilliant idea.
    The recycled glass bottles. I am determined to bring some into our home when we settle in Sweden. The ones you shared are stunning!

Thanks for great tips my dear. Love it when you do.

Hugs and have a relaxing weekend (if you can..)xx

xx C

Du gjorde som jag önskade. Tack för det ! :) Ja, det finns några saker där som jag gärna skulle vilja ha. Undrar vad tomten kommer med ??

Ha en skön helg

Kram

Hi Monika,

Thanks for the wonderful suggestions. I love the water carbonator and the iPad Cover.

And I’m really curious about your “big surprise” coming next week! ?

Best,
    Joe

• Willow Decor says:

Great list! Love the IPad cover, just wish I had an IPad!! Love the man’s catch all – a great idea!!Excited for your big announcement!!
    xx-Gina

Great ideas. I love the jacket for him, might just have to get that for my husband. Can’t wait for the big announcement!

• Jenny says:

LOVE, love, love all of them! Especially the pillows and that petal skirt that I have been admiring for a while now :)
    Hugs and kisses to you!
    Love, Jenny

• So many good thins on your list- I love that Oh La La pillow and am all about the crystal anything these days. I’d also happily take those boots! For the boys, I’m loving the sunglasses and jacket- gorgeous! Have a super weekend!!

• Laura says:

Loved your gloves today for men! I was in carpool line and couldn’t comment (earlier) but just what I need for my hubby. THANKS!!

• I just found your blog and LOVE it! I adore the burlap advent calendar. So many fabulous ideas! Happy weekend!

• Tereza says:

Great ideas, so many good items.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Hugs.
    Tereza

• Love these ideas and can’t wait to find out what you have to tell us. Have a great weekend. Mona

• Mia says:

Hi Mon, as always a lovely post with a lot of inspiration. hope you’re having a great weekend!

Many hugs,
    Mia

• Carole says:

I’ll have the boots and the lovely little tea light holders. You do know my address Mon!! :-)
    x

• Hi Mon-happy holidays! Handsome picks for him…the gloves are good for my runner hubby! Thank you! xocc