Dec
2010

Perfect Gifts For The Kids

You are probably all yawning when I share my gift idea lists with you this week. But I don’t care! This is all therapeutic for me and it gets my own shopping juices flowing. I only list things that I am genuinely interested in getting personally, not just the dreams folks! (Although that is nice too!). So here are few things I am eyeing  for my own children — ages 3, 6 and 8.

“The NY In A Bag” from Muji has been around for a while. But this is the first time I am contemplating getting it. Love it!

A hopscotch rug. Great to keep the young ones busy on rainy days and pretty enough to make it part of the overall house decor!

Adorable windup little birdie that tweets.

Mini workbench.

“Sunday drivers“.  (Haha! Too cute!!!)

Saucer sled and helmet.

Every kid needs a globe. (I grew up with a very similar Illuminated world. And I absolutely loved it).

Wooden Two Tier Treat Tray. (Just because I don’t care for a lot of plastic at our house).

An over the door Basket Ball Hoop.

Fire House Collection. (Wood of course).

Cotton Canvas Teepee. Fun & cozy hang out.

Adorale Tee for a girlie girl.

Mirror tipped ballet flats. So pretty.

I have two more lists to share ith you this week. Perfect gifts for her and perfect gifts for him. I hope you find some inspiration as well.

Hugs to you all!

Image no. 1 via Country Home
Written by Splendid Willow in: Home Goods & Accessories | Tags:

Great gifts! I used to have a tent like that as a kid and loved it. I used to read in there and it was great. Also i am huge globe lover plus i think i want that rug :)

Warm hugs!

Dearest sis, I am not yawning at all. I am taking notes!
    Love these gift ideas. My favourites are the hopscotch rug, globe (Oscar LOVES his!), the work bench (Ville will LOVE LOVE that won’t he!?!) and the fire station.
    I think the wind up bird will wind you up in the end.. Any toys with sounds really.. :)
    The shoes and top are adorable and I can imagine they will go down a treat with Elsa and Frida. They are so beautiful!

Oscar is getting an iPod this year – he wants to store his OWN music. How grown-up..! Isabella wants a pink surfboard (of course..). We’ll see what Santa brings..

Big hugs to you from an awfully rainy Sydney..

xx C

Ho, ho, YIKES! It IS that time isn’t it…. franki

• No yawning , just great ideas and we all need those. I’m having a very difficult time shopping this year!

• nannykim says:

This made me smile!! HOW CUTE!

Hej !
    Kan du inte göra en sådan lista för oss vuxna tjejer också ? :) Jag förstår inte att julen nästan är här nu.

Ha det så bra

Kram

• Carole says:

I wouldn’t mind a few of these myself Mon and I so agree with you about the plastic ban.
    Hope you’re well. xoxo

• Thank you!! I just found a birthday present for Henry (fire engine) and his Christmas presents (the tool table and globe!). Such wonderful ideas. Can’t wait to show my husband!

• The Zhush says:

List away please! I need all the help I can get in this department…gifts for my 3 kids! Thinking that NYC in a bag is a must for my little guy and eyeing that tee pee as well…great list, great help!

• Definitely not yawning…well maybe because I’m tired, but not from these picks:) The city building blocks are great, and those little girl shoes, my niece would flip:)

Julie xo

• liza says:

Thank you! These are great ideas. I’m thinking the globe and teepee might be just the things for my almost 6-yr-old (holy cow they grow up too fast!). I may get NY in a bag for me! Keep listing!

Very smart list. You will help a lot of people, Mon!

• Anna-Malin says:

hej monika!

vilken inspiration! tusen tack för det.

(har mailat dig en andra gång och hoppas
    att det kommer fram. annars kan du gärna
    ringa mig. :)

stor kram

• Tina says:

Hej Mon!
    Säkert mycket uppskattat med tips på julklappar till de små!
    Tycker också att det är synd att du inte bor närmre! Hade varit sååå mysigt att få bjuda in dig på em-glögg:)!
    Kram

Hej Monika-not boring at all. Helpful. I’m so overwhelmed with life and work at the moment, every minute is filled. I fear my Christmas shopping and decorating will happen the day before Christmas!!

• Hello my friend! Happy December to you*

These gifts are fabulous… I wish I had more little ones to buy for… just two! One, I have bought a classic, cream colored pea coat for, and the other a charm bracelet. So many great ideas here—I love the birdcage and the sweet flats~

Have a wonderful Thursday evening :)

warmly,
    Sarah

• Monika, these are lovely Christmas ideas. I, especially,like the hopscotch rug. I don’t have any kids, but I would like one for myself. :-)

Hope you’re enjoy the snow while it lasts!

• Hi Monika,
    Something just happened
    and my comment was deleted.
    So, to be succint, I want
    some of these things for
    myself!!! Too cute. Since
    mine are 12 and 15, I have
    to borrow my brother’s to
    spoil with toys ~ and I do!
    Happy Friday,