Oct
2010

Ikea’s Latest Photo Shoot Rocks

Happy new week! (I am sorry for my absence in blog land last week, but now I am back with more energy!). This past Friday I went to a fun evening event with a bunch of lovely ladies (Thank you Ms. Eva Delishhh!) and at 1:00 am (!) Ikea came up as a topic. The hostess’s laptop was quickly turned on and I shared some photos from one of Ikea’ s latest photo shoots (courtesy of my close & creative friend Mia from Solid Frog). And now I am sharing them with all of you.

This is Ikea, people! I think the images are absolutely gorgeous. And the stylists hit the mark by incorporating the industrial vintage trend that is so hot right now.

BRAVO Ikea! I am totally inspired by each and every image and I am so heading to that Swedish mega store this week! Maybe I will run into you there!

Inspiration + images via Solid Frog.
Written by Splendid Willow in: Simply Swedish Style,Trends | Tags: , ,

• Will says:

Oh, Mon, these are delicious. This kitchen makes me want to crack out the rolling pin and make pastries! Glad you hear you are back with more energy – missed you. xo

• Tina says:

I agree totally! IKEA rocks! I buy a lot of things and furniture to my home over at IKEA. Prices are good and the design as well!
    Love all of the photos and feel very inspired of the black open shelves. Love it!
    Happy monday!
    Kram!

• Janell Beals says:

Great images…I wouldn’t have guessed they were taken for Ikea! Janell

• Love every image. My favorite kitchen is one that looks like someone actually cooks. Wish we had an IKEA store around here. Have a great week. Mona

Beautiful furniture and decoration at IKEA! Unfortunately, we can not go to the same IKEA shop!!
    Have a wonderful week my friend!
    PS Did you received my email a few days ago??

• Eddie Ross says:

LOVE that kitchen!

E+J

Head for the meatballs and don’t get lost in the maze!

BRILLIANT! It just inspires – inspiration!! franki

Oh Monika it was a fun time! I will post the soup reciepes that we had Friday this week. Also, i can’t belive this is Ikea. Fabulous!

• Mia says:

Hi Mon, hope you’re fine. These pics are so lovely, thanks for mentioning me (again), you’re so sweet :)
    Have a lovely week!
    Kramar Mia

• Marsha says:

Saw this on her blog, but cannot get enough of it. So sleek.

• Stacey says:

Yes, i am in disbelief that this is IKea. Truly lovely and inspiring images/spaces. Wow! Thanks for sharing. XX

Yes IKEA just keeps on getting better! Am so proud of our native giant..!

Hoppas att allt är bra. Vi har precis kommit tillbaks efter en underbar långhelg hos goda vänner i Stockholm. Känner mig inte alls redo att åka tillbaks till Sydney nästa vecka.. Hjälp!
    Fick du mitt mail ang ‘Potensgivarna’..?

KRAM’

look into it and hop
    on over there! Thanks
    for the inspiration
    to make a field trip,
    Monika!
    xx Suzanne

• Great shots! Love the mix of open and closed shelving.

• Carole says:

Yup. They have got it exactly right but where’s the cats?!
    :-)

Have a good week Mon. x

• Piper says:

I just love what IKEA has been doing lately with styling -it’s cool to see them embracing some cool trends like the industrial look. I’m thinking I need to make a trip soon… :)

• Yes, this rocks!! I am in love! The textures, the lights in the cabinets, the mix of chairs–so good!!

• Sonia A. says:

Me too!!

Sonia

• koralee says:

Now this kitchen makes me very very happy…I love Ikea! Even more!

Hugs to you….I have missed you. xoxoxoxox

• Beautiful images! Thanks for sharing

• Leigha says:

Gorgeous. I have to say, I was in Ikea last weekend, and I didn’t see this! Oh what wonders styling and photography can do.

• jenna says:

What wonderful pictures! My home has slowly turned into an IKEA ad….and I love every bit of it! Inspired by the last image for sure with all those beautiful frames….I need artwork and those frames are sooo budget friendly and chic.

Loving the kitchens too–so lived in!

• wow! I am in love with those, especially the first one and even the second. you have a great eye, Mon, and you are so right….they are on to something BIG here…

love to you! Donna

• Style Attic says:

That’s it…I’m going to get a ripped up linen table cloth straight away! Think I can pull it off? Love these, I conquer!!

• Wow, your so right, they are on to something! I don’t think I would hve guessed these images are from Ikea. Lovely!
    Nancy xo

• Erica says:

These images are lovely. I”m definitely a fan… shhh… don’t tell, my kitchen is Ikea. And some of my happiest clients have Ikea kitchens too. This is an amazing example of how the accessories are what really make the space. Have a great day Mon!! xo

• Mon Thank you for sharing with us!! These are fantastic. Never in a million years would I have guessed these were from Ikea. My interest is sparked for sure… may end up with a weekend adventure to Ikea 😉

• Emma says:

Aren’t these fabulous! Love the direction Ikea is heading with this. I even sent the images on to a few clients!

• Ah-mazing! So gorgeous, I actually have always loved their styling, but this is just beyond! Thank you for sharing, my dear Mon! XX!

• I’m really inspired by these too. It really feels like a whole new look, one that I’m crazy about! Thanks for a great post.

• I was just at IKEA today and was lost in the marketplace for so long…love their new blueglass collection and these pics are awesome…who needs a hem on their tablecloth? Just lovely for sure! They had a cool interiors book, too. dying over the graphite sheepskins…thanks for sharing!

• These are great Monika! I love Ikea and I practically look at their catalogue everyday just because…:-)). I go by the Ikea here often, but they don’t seem to change the designs very often like they do in Canada and America – sigh.

Thanks for sharing these!

• These are just lovely! I can get lost in IKEA for hours. What a beautiful kitchen. I would be very happy to cook in there :)

And thank you so much for your kind words earlier. I’m so happy to meet you. We have a lot of the same friends and I’m so looking forward to following along with your lovely blog.

Have a wonderful weekend!

• I hadn’t seen any of those pics – you’re right, they’re fantastic!

• Tereza says:

I’m surprised by Ikea, wonderful styling and photographies.
    Hugs
    Tereza

• Heehee..! These are all STUNNING. I was there yesterday, actually. Drove all the way to Atlanta just to look at some rugs in person. I do love some of their things – affordable and with great design lines…

Sending you much love,