Aug
2010

A Postcard To You Via Lanalou Style

Hi, Lana here from Lanalou style!

My personal summer postcard to you is sent from:

Cape Town, I’m so lucky to live in this beautiful city, there are so many amazing things to see and do here.

The one thing you can’t miss when visiting this city is:

I can’t limit it to one, there’s so much to see! Here are a few musts: A trip to Cape Point Nature Reserve for walks, picnics, views and beautiful beaches. A day trip to the local wine farms for wine tasting and al fresco lunches. And definitely a visit to The Old Biscuit Mill on a Saturday for the best organic farmers market.

Photo credits: by Lana

My way of relaxing this summer:

Will be to have lots of picnics outdoors, walks on the beach and reading!

In my opinion, the perfect hostess gift:

Would be some fun paper napkins which are always useful to have and a small bunch of flowers

An absolute must read book this summer:

I’ve finally got my hands on a copy of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson and I can’t wait to start reading it! I’m sure I’m going to love this trilogy!

You will find me dreaming about this design item from my hammock (I want it so badly!):

I’d love to have a Jielde desk lamp for my little office, I just love their classic design and bright colours!

Image credits: Caravanstyle and remodelista

Wishing you all a fabulous Summer and a great holiday for you, Mon!

Lana xoxo

(For more on Lana and her fabulous blog go here).

Images for postcard art via: 1. Flickr, 2. Flickr, 3. Flickr (insert of photo by Splendid Willow).
Written by Splendid Willow in: Guest Posts |

• Will says:

The winelands looks amazing!

• Mia says:

Hi Lana! Cape Town looks amazing! I agree about the Jieldé lamps and have a nice time with the triology, they are great!

• Style Attic says:

That is THE perfect hostess gift! How clever and fresh!! It all looks so smashing…I guess that’s the classic postcard line “Wish you were here” !

• Tina says:

Would love to visit Cape town, looks like paradise!
    Of course napkins is the perfect gift(great tip)!
    Stieg Larsson rules and I also adore the kind of desk lamps you´ve posted. Lots of rustic and industrial feeling.

• Second person to recommend that book, so I guess I better try it. Fun post.

• Lana, love your summer postcard. And capetown is beautiful, added to the list!! I too am hoping to read the stieg larsson trilogy this summer.
    adorable lamps!!

• What a gorgeous postcard, Lana! I hope to visit Cape Town one day. It looks beautiful!

Hi Lana, I loved this post. SA is high on my list of places to go. Have never been to the African continent (don’t think a Tunisian island or the Canary islands count..). One of my closest friends here in Sydney is from SA and I love hearing her stories about your beautiful country.

Thank you for this inspiration – I too love paper napkins and keep a collection in my cabinet. And those lamps are just so much fun!

Have a great weekend.

xx Charlotta

• Stacey says:

Awesome post Lana! The Girl with the Dragon tattoo is on my list for my next visit to Barnes and Noble. xo

• Lana, you are the queen of great images!

I have read all 3 Stieg Larsson’s books – in Swedish and English. And I think no. 3 was the best and really something to look forward to. Scary good!

I am not blogging much this week (instead diving in the sand dunes in Bandon, OR), but I will be back enjoying your posts mid next week.

Thank your for always being there.

Love to you, Mon

• Jessie says:

I am glad I found your site! Lana has been busy this week with guest posts, huh? I love her photos, as well.

• Piper says:

So fun to see you over here Lana! Such great picks too – loved the dragon tattoo series, I’m sad I’m finished with it! Your posts just make me want to book a trip to Cape Town… :)