Aug
2010

A Summer Postcard To You Via The Zush

Hi, Sue, here from The Zhush!

My personal summer postcard to you is sent from:

Sea Island, Georgia. We have been going down to this lovely resort off the coast of Georgia, with our family for the past three summers, and plan on returning. In a word: fabulous!

The one thing you can’t miss:

I love traditions, and Sea Island is rich with them. One thing you can not miss, is enjoying a cocktail, at sunset over the Sea Island sound (outside of the “Lodge”).

Every Thursday night, a bagpipe player roams the grounds, and he plays his beautiful music until the sun goes down. You sit on Adirondack chairs, sip your Mojitos, and its pure magic!

My way of relaxing this summer:

With three children (ages 10 – 4) there really isn’t a whole lot of relaxing going on around here… However I was lucky enough to escape to a Spa with friends, this summer, and it was truly heaven!
I also love to catch up with friends over dinner and drinks, read, blog, and enjoy
casual summer meals with my family (preferably not at home…for relaxing purposes!)

In my opinion, the perfect hostess gift:

Lately I have been giving Cocktail Table Books as Hostess gifts….

After receiving one or two last year, I decided they make perfect gifts, and with the
large variety of subject matters, there is literally one, if not dozens for each person I know!

An absolute must read book this summer:

I read The Help, by Kathryn Stockett, last summer, and literally could not put it down, I loved it so much! I was so sad when it was over… I am looking for a book this good to read for THIS summer!

You will find me dreaming about this design item from my hammock (I want it so badly!)

We spotted these fun Modern Palm Beach outdoor chairs on our last Spring Break trip, and I have been thinking about them ever since… I really love them in white!

Monika! Thanks so much for having me participate in this great “post card” series!

Summer is my absolute favorite season, my only complaint is that it seems to go by faster and faster each year!  I love the lack of schedules, driving and homework that  only summer can bring. Not to mention longer days, sunlight, warm weather and vacations!

xoxo, Sue

P.S Have an amazing trip! Bon Voyage!

(For more on Sue and her fabulous blog go here).

Friends, I am guest posting on Sue’s blog today – pop over and see what my “must have summer things” are! Monika.
 Images for postcard art via: 1. Flickr, 2. Flickr, 3. Flickr (insert of photo by Splendid Willow)
Written by Splendid Willow in: Guest Posts |

• Will says:

Oh, Sue, this place looks FABULOUS! I could hot foot it over there in an instant!

Sue I love it when a good bagpiper comes together with a Mojitos and a fab sunset. Especially when enjoyed with family in a place that is special to everyone.

I really like the sound of this place and will Google for more information. I love learning about new places.

Those chairs are amazing! And yes, in white. Are you getting them? You must!

Ok hon, must hop off to bed with the kidlets. Fab post.

Thanks Mon for the series.

Kram / hug

few years ago ~
    magic! Thanks for
    the fun postcard and
    having Sue write it!
    xx Suzanne

• Hey Monika & Sue – love this post you two, awesome! jxx

• Sue, Would love to go to Sea Island sometime. Have heard lots of fun things about it. Also, read The Help last Summer. Like you, I couldn’t put it down. Heard about another must read yesterday. Can’t remember the name though. That 50 thing. Ugh! anyway, I will look it up and pop over to your blog and let you know. Mona

• g says:

Sea Island is amazing. A favorite of mine as well. xoxoxo

• Debby says:

Sue, great guest post.. now I want to go to that resort… bag pipes.. love it! Monika, love your blog and enjoyed your guest post at Sue’s! I am now a follower! xo

• Oh, I love Sea Island, too, and St. Simons Island. Haven’t been there in a few years but would love to return. And, Sue, those chairs are AWESOME. I’d be glad to share those with you!

Great post, My Zhush gal! Donna

• Marie says:

The 1st picture is so inviting!:D I agree with you on cocktail table books!:D

Beauty. Fashion. Interior Design.
    & Life According to Marie.

• Stacey says:

Lovely post Sue! That’s a nice name:-)Those chairs are fabulous.I can’t decide if i would get the white or green.The Sea Island sounds like the perfect place to visit and spend quality time with family.

• Karena says:

I love Sue and what great images!!
    Monika I really enjoyed reading your summer must haves at The Zhush!

I am having a new Giveaway!

Karen
    Art by Karena

• Piper says:

Wow, this place looks AMAZING!! I’ve never even heard of it but I’m going to be googling it :) Would love to visit, looks like a beautiful place to see. Thanks for taking me away from my desk :)

• lisasroy says:

Great post Sue! And thanks Monika for featuring her!
    Sea Island looks amazing and who can beat bagpipes and Mojitos? I’ll definitely need to add that to my list of great places to visit. Love the white chairs too! : )

• Well done! I love Sue, and Monika, I loved your post at The Zhush! I love Sea Island, we were just in St. Simons, it is wonderful! Great picks! XO!

• Carrie says:

Sue,

I just love this post. I need to see more of the US and take it all in. There is so much to offer!!

Have been trying to think of my next book – many thanks on that!!

And how about those chairs at bottom? Perfection!

Awesome post!!

xoxo,
    Carrie

• Jennifer says:

This looks like paradise! And it’s just the best when you find a book you can’t put down.. I will have to check out The Help! :)

• My family vacations at Sea Island every summer as well. It is a magical place full of tradition and southern charm. Watching the bag piper play while sipping “The Cloister” is a personal favorite activity. Lovely post!

• The Zhush says:

Thanks for having me here today Mon! You made my post look so great! Today was a blogging first for me…switching spots like this was fun…so glad you thought of it. Enjoy the rest of your travels and thanks again!
    Sue

• Mia says:

Hi Sue, this really looks like a place I would enjoy. A Mojito and that terrace is a perfect combination :) Thanks for sharing! /Mia

• liz morten says:

I haven’t been to Sea Island since the overhaul. It was bliss in the old days and looks wonderful still. I will have you for dinner for a book!! I just read the Hermes scarf book and fainted with happiness. Pucci might have to be added to this order. I loved “The Help” and I just finished: “Dead End Gene Pool” by Wendy Burden. Its as funny as Bridget Jones!!

• Style Attic says:

Sounds like a lovely place to land before the school year takes off :) I agree, I find that I am chasing summer and begging it not to go!

• Willow Decor says:

Mon,
    you have the most creative and amazing ideas!! I LOVE this guest post postcard idea! Wonderful. And who doesn’t love Sue! Her blog is fabulous!! Off to read her other posts as I have been so behind in reading and commenting!
    xx-Gina

• What a beautiful place — oh my word! I love series, and discovering new places to add to the “must-visit” list is so much fun… p.s adore the furniture!

• pve says:

Sue is one gal I would love to switch places with for a day –
    I would wear purple and chanel and be as witty as a willow!
    happy summer~
    pve

• Hi Sue, lovely to meet you. I love mojitos too, and must add this lovely destination to our list. I have been looking to make a trip down south and this a fantastic recommendation.