Aug
2010

A Summer Postcard To You Via A Perfect Gray

Hello, everyone! I’m Donna from A Perfect Gray and I am delighted to be visiting at Mon’s beautiful Splendid Willow.

My personal summer postcard to you is sent from:

The beautiful Grand Canyon, my favorite spot in the United States.

The one thing you can’t miss when visiting the Grand Canyon is:

A sunrise over the canyon. Not only is it breathtakingly beautiful, it is a true spiritual experience.

My favorite way of relaxing this summer is:

With a large glass of iced tea, and a good home décor magazine or two. If I can get a foot massage from my husband as well, then I am really in heaven!

In my opinion, the perfect hostess gift is:

Gourmet coffee (or tea). What a special treat for the family and friends you visit this summer – to wake up to a new and delicious flavor in the morning!

An absolute must read book this summer is:

A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving. It’s not a new book; but it is one that will stay with you long after you have read it. I highly recommend it!

You will find me dreaming about:

An Italian tole chandelier from my hammock this summer.  I want it so badly! It has been my wish for my dining room for months now…

Friends, I hope your summer finds you in the perfect spot for a little relaxation, a little reading, and a little dreaming about the desires of your heart!

Mon, thanks so much for having me and happy summer to you all!

Love, Donna

(For more on Donna and her fabulous blog go here).

Images for postcard art via: 1. Flickr, 2. Flickr, 3. Flickr (insert of photo by Splendid Willow)
Written by Splendid Willow in: Guest Posts |

Hi,
    I like that summer postcard !

XO

• Will says:

Oh what a treat for a Monday morning! Thanks for having Donna over on your blog, Mon. I adore reading A Perfect Gray, and as for the Grand Canyon, well I’ve been lucky enough to visit and I whole heartedly agree – such a powerfully beauitful place. We rafted down the Canyon River, too, which was also a huge buzz!

Hi Donna & Mon!

I love this Summer greeting – but of course we knew I would. Am in awe of the Grand Canyon and it is high on our list of places to go. I can imagine the sunrises (and sunsets) are magical and that the colours, shadows and general dynamic views are spectacular. What an amazing experience!
    I’d love to do what Will did – raft down the river. How fun. I love rafting!!

Donna. Am also thrilled to get a face to the name.xx

Hugs to both of my fave blog girls.

xx C

En jatte bamsig kram till dig forstas!

• Hej!
    Kul att hitta till din blogg. Vilka vackra bilder från Sverige, man blir nästan hemmablind.
    Ha de fint!
    Hälsningar
    Madeleine – Bortom Bergen i Gamla stan

• I love the guest bloggers! But miss you, Monika! Hope you´re having a great summer.

Donna, I look forward to following your blog in future. You are fabulous.

Ahhh, another “soul sister.” franki

• Mon, thank you so much for having me. What a treat. I hope you are enjoying a wonderful time with friends and family. We look forward to hearing all about your trip!

Love to you! Donna

• Mia Linnman says:

Hi Donna, I understand I have to go to Grand Canyon some day, it looks amazing! The chandelier is gorgeous. Looking forward to visit your blog! /Mia

• Stacey says:

That picture of the Grand Canyon is beautiful. I am yet to visit and i love gourmet coffee!Lovely post. xo

• Therese Long says:

Loved this postcard from Donna! I agree with Charlotta, it’s great to finally be able to put a face with the name :)
    I’ve never been to the Grand Canyon, it’s definitely on my list though! I’m sure you are having the best time Mon… we all miss you!!!

• Thanks for the Postcard Donna! I have not yet made it to the Grand Canyon and have always wanted to. The image of the Sunrise is breathtaking and only makes me want to visit more! I, a true caffine junkie, also agree that gourmet coffee is the best hostess gift!

• so glad to finally see your lovely picture!!! Can’t wait to order that book. Julie

• Marci says:

A Prayer for Owen Meany is a really fantastic book. For those of you who are not book readers, go rent the movie Simon Birch. It’s based on the book. Oh, and don’t forget to have a few tissues on hand.

P.S. now I’m dreaming about that Italian tole chandelier!

• nkp says:

Ah, so there is the beautiful Donna!

What a wonderful list. I have to say that Owen Meany is my favorite Irving book and that’s saying a lot because I have read every one of this amazing writer’s books. It’s great to see Mrs. Gray here. Thanks Ladies and happy summer!

• The Zhush says:

Yay…echoing everyone else when I say its so nice to see the lovely author of A Perfect Gray! Hi Donna! Just adored A Prayer for Owen Meany when I read it years ago…I remember not being able to put it down, and it stuck with me all these years! The Grand Canyon is on my short list of places to visit! Great post!

• Hi, girls! How fun running into Donna here and look how cute you and your pup are! It killed me we didn’t have time to detour through the Grand Canyon on our cross country trip. Someday though!

• Tina says:

Great post!
    The book got me curious.
    /Tina

• Piper says:

so fun to see you over here!! i’ve been wanting to take my hubby to see the grand canyon – he’s never been. and a big YES to your way of relaxing in the summer!! sounds like bliss to me :)

• Hi Donna!

Nice to see you here on Monika’s blog. I love the chandelier. It’s gorgeous! And I totally agree with you about the Grand Canyon!

• It’s soooo great
    to hear from Donna
    and learn more about
    her!! My family
    visited the Grand
    Canyon for the first
    time in March; I
    couldn’t agree more
    about its beauty.
    Thanks Donna ~
    and Monika!
    xx Suzanne

• Ooooh, when can I come and visit? Mmm, a cup of coffee will do me just fine! And the Grand Canyon looks unbelievable — surreal, really. I cannot imagine how vast it must be to actually be there. Pictures can only tell part of the story… would love to visit one day!

I think I’m going to have to begin a travel planning journal :)

• hi donna, nice to meet you. All these lovely places is making me want to pack and be off again.. thanks for sharing.
    – miss you mon. x