May
2010

My On-Going And Never Shrinking Wish List

I love Fornasetti. But I am not all that interested in the classic plates by this legendary Italian designer (they are lovely but I must have seen too many of them). However, a table lamp or the wonderful wall paper below, can move in with me any time! They are such classic statement pieces.

Quick background of Piero Fornasetti (1913-1988) – the legendary Italian painter, sculptor, engraver etc. He lived most of life in Milan and created more than 11,000 items, many featuring the face of a woman, operatic soprano Lina Cavalieri, as a motif. Fornasetti found her face in a 19th century magazine. “What inspired me to create more than 500 variations on the face of a woman?” asks Italian designer, Piero Fornasetti of himself. “I don’t know,” he admits, “I began to make them and I never stopped.” Other common features in his work include heavy use of black and white, the sun and time. His son, Barnaba Fornasetti, continues to design in his father’s name.

More things on my growing (why is it never shrinking!?) wish list: The very adorable and creative Cape Town girl Lana over at the lovely design blog – Lanalou Style – invited me over to share my wish list as part o her weekly blogger series. What an honor Lana! Thank you so much for having me! Hop over and read my list here. (And find out what I am drinking a lot of right now. No, nothing with pretty, little umbrellas!)

Happy, happy dear friends! Hope your week is going well!

Written by Splendid Willow in: I Go Nuts For,Thank you! |

What is not to wish for here!!?
    Also, thanks for the tip on Kombucha.. Must find an Aussi reseller.. Am not exactly glowing of health and vitality right now..

Big hugs from a rainy and dramatically grey Sydney.

xx Charlotta

• Federica says:

Love your wish list!
    Federica

• Lana says:

Thanks for taking part Monika, love all of your choices and like Charlotta said, I think I also need to find some Kombucha! Oh and yes, I love Fornasetti wallpaper too, big fan!

• sharon says:

Thank you for educating me on Fornaseti, now I’m going to check out your list at Lanalou.
    Sharon

• Tina says:

I like Fornaseti too – would have loved that lamp! :-)

Hope you´re having a great day, take care!

• Monika, I want that headboard and your country home. I really need to try the tea, but vinegar?? ooh! Don’t know if I can do that. Have a great day. Mona

Monika, love your wishlist. But that tea, good for you, i tried it and i could not finish that bottle, it was just to aweful for me. Love the headboard, i want one of those im my new bedroom.

• Love the wish list.. The bedroom is beautiful with the tufted headboard and stunning floors.

• Janell Beals says:

I never knew there was a lamp base…oh my. LOVE! Janell

• Piper says:

I’ve been in love with fornasetti for years – and I have to say that I am a fan of the plates (I wanted them for years and finally my hubby got me 2 for xmas – yay!!) But I’m seriously obsessing over that lamp – WOW!! How fun is that?!

great wish list btw :)

• Love that wallpaper! And I really want a bust, too.

• I saw you wish list on Lanalou Style and thats how I found your blog!
    Great blog, love it!
    The Design Dish

• I have really been thinking about statement wallpaper like this since returning from a trip to Natchez, Mississippi and seeing two beautiful antebellum homes with wallpaper by Zuber. Just to have even a framed piece of one of these gorgeous papers would be fabulous. I love your list. It is a fun exercise to let your mind roam over the possibilities!
    I, too, would love a real marble bust. I have a faux one of a lady, but I’d rather have a manly one, for some reason, in the real deal! Thanks for sharing your hearts desires.
    xx P&H

• The Zhush says:

Kind of over all those plates as well! And, had never seen the wallpaper until right now, very cool! Will head over to read about your picks, as I am sure I will love every. single. one!!!

• I’ll take the table and headboard, as well! Here’s to wishing all of our dreams come true…

enjoyed that one! Love, Donna

• g says:

I am not much for the plates, either, but the lamp is interesting. That table…..yum.

• I too am a fan of the headboard. Very luxurious.

• It was fun to see your list! And I’m totally with you on the Fornasetti plates and the wallpaper. :)

• I loved your wishlist at Lanalou – you have amazing taste my lovely friend, and you’ve got me completely curious about the Synergy drinks… (where do you get them?)

Love this new Fornasetti lamp – such a cool statement piece!

Hope you’re having a lovely, sunshiny week beautiful lady!

• You are such a dear!! Thanks soo much for my lovely book. I love it and cant wait to get started.
    Hope your week is going well my friend.

• Oh, your #1 and #2 are definitely on my wish list, too…! And I have sunglasses in that style! :)

Have a wonderful holiday weekend, dear friend.

lovelove,
    -maria

• KMD Atelier says:

I love Fornasetti too! I don’t have any pieces yet but have been eyeing a wine coaster that I saw in Barney’s for months. I think it will be the perfect piece for my apartment someday.

Happy Friday to you,

Kari

• Leigha says:

I will take it all! Everything is perfect. I cannot wait to explore the rest of your blog…
    Leigah
    P.S. Thank you for your sweet comment on my guest post at The Shiny Pebble. So kind – I’m blushing.

• Gaia says:

Finally I see You!

Lanalou is fantastic. She did the same with me!