Mar
2010

Show Me The Books

Show me the booksand I will tell you who you are! You have heard me saying over and over again that seeing no books in a house makes me somehwat nervous! Please, tell me that you read books. Please tell me that you are curious about the world and everything beyond. Don’t be afraid to show your books (even if they all fit on one tiny shelf) and who you are! (Not to impress, not to be liked – just to share the true you and what makes you tick. And for that you will be admired).

Here are some lovely areas where books take the center stage.

I love that over-sized architectural print. I am thinking I might need to copy that idea!

I have a serious crush on that ladder!

And I am still waiting for an old bust to move in with us!

Happy reading & Happy rest of the week, dear friends!

I am so incredibly happy to have met you all.

Image 1. via We Heart It, image 2. via  We heart it, all other images from Rum
Written by Splendid Willow in: Lovely Rooms |

Yes darling I adore books and all that they bring. My book shelves are full, though I have had to shed a lot of lovely books over the years due to several big re-locations.

Gorgeous images and yes, I agree on the ladder (it is brilliant!) and on the print. Over-sized architectural illustrations are fantastic and I am still crying over one of the amazing ‘Chrysler Building’ in London that I didn’t buy. Many years ago now, but still a painful mistake..

Happy end to the week my dearest and thanks for lovely comment and support re Isabella.

xxCyber Sis

• Julie says:

Lovely post.. My nieces and nephews used to laugh at how I colour coded my books on display … Sadly i don’t have them in my current apartment.. they are all stored in my garage.. which perhaps proves I think this is a temporary abode [4 yrs of temporary.. haha].. Love the ladder option.. would be great for the magazine collection which has grown tentacles.. Have a great week xx Julie

• COCOCOZY says:

This post is making me feel like I need to read more books! Books make a whole house seem smarter!

Coco
    COCOCOZY

• WillowDecor says:

Sis,
    I adore piles of books everywhere! The addd so much warmth. Great photos!
    xx-Gina

• Anna-Malin says:

Hej söta!

Nu får jag skämmas lite…Alla våra böcker ligger nerpackade i lådor i garaget…Jag har BARA min inredningsböcker framme…Fy mig…Jag har å andra sidan inte haft tid att läsa romaner så länge barnen varit små. Det får väl bli ändring på det nu då, kanske 😉

Underbara bilder ialla fall. Gillar den andra väldigt mycket..

Sköt om dig!

Kram!!

• Mary Keasler says:

I couldn’t agree more. Life without books would be unbearable.

• I adore books as well! I think they are a must in every space. I have piles all over and I love sipping a cup of coffee and just being able to flip through beautiful images whenever I want.

• You are so funny! You must read books?!?!?! Lol. I would be worried too. I heart books. I hope to have a “library” one day with some excellent lounge seating…..ahhh one day! Thanks so much for the kind words about my new job, I cannot wait to be doing what I LOVE.

• Therese Long says:

You are so bookish!!
    Seriously, I agree. Books tell so much about a person.
    Great post,
    And I am so incredibly happy to have met you as well. You are a doll :)
    ~xo always

• oh yes, I adore books too! my bookcase is staying small! xo

I agree with you, I love books and the look and feel of them. But last year I got the Kindle. I LOVE IT. First I thought I would miss my book and the feeling of holding a book. But no, not only can I clean out my over packed bookshelves but I can get a new book instantly, it is easy to travel with and just great. So as more and more folks get Kindles you will probably see some more empty shelves.

Ja, jag gillar böcker. Både att läsa i och titta på.
    Jag vill helst inte vara utan dem.
    De två första bilderna du visar i dag är underbara !!

Kram

• Trish says:

Ditto dear Splendid! And I am teetering over with books…mini-occasional table towers of books. XO Trish

Splendid Willow Reply:

Thank you all! I already know that I have found a group of really smart, wonderful, creative and well read blog friends! You are the best! Cyber hug, Mon

• Beautiful collection – will be needing these ideas for the new place to house my overflowing collection!
    Hope you’re having a great week!

• i love books. between my hubby and my books we easily fill a full room of them. in my house you will also find them on the stairs and pretty much everywhere. i wish i could find time for reading more books. i also dont like to ever give any books away

• Mia says:

Böcker är vackert! Jag älskar bilden med tavlorna på golvet och Eames Lounge Chair.
    Kram

• pve says:

One of my favorite artists lived in a home titled :Elephant House: where he amassed a vast quantity of books, Edward Gorey. Please take a look and a tour if your are ever near the Cape. I must admit, if I were to choose another career, I would have a small bookstore, with readings by authors, it would be a gallery and a place for writers and artists to gather. Guess my old romantic soul needs that, and books are the answer. They transport me. The setting though would be ultra modern and clean.
    pve

• koralee says:

So lovely…my books are everywhere in my home..both myself and my husband have a problem with buying books. Oh and your shelf looks amazing {last post}……so glad you went for it! Happy weekend. xoxo

• Courtney says:

I always love to have my favorite books out where I can see them. I never know when I’m going to need to seek out a few of my favorite lines. I love to see other people’s books as well. You’re so right, they truly do help to show who people really are.

• I LOVE the look of books on display. It’s something I always notice at other people’s homes as well. What they’re reading & how they display their beloved books says a lot about them! Beautiful post & images!

Have a GREAT weekend! xo

• åh så vackra bilder! jag älskar böcker i inredning väldigt mycket. själv har jag många böcker men de är gömda bakom dörrar för att de inte ska samla damm. här i detta huset är det nog med damm ändå kan jag tala om… :)

länkar förresten till dig i dagens inlägg!

kramen J

• sandra says:

Vilka helt fantastiska bilder du bjuder på. Jag tycker om böcker och mina gamla gamla böcker har jag på en hylla ovanför ett fönster. Min största passion är inredningsböcker och jag önskar att jag hade fler..
    Har en sådan stege men tyvärr lite tajt med plats ska se var kan kan finna plats för den för jag älskar den.
    ha en härlig söndag
    kram
    sandra

• We love books here, too, as I am sure you may have noticed… Although, I do have a tendency to pass good ones on to others – which is quite all right, because it makes room for new ones. The images are beautiful and inspiring, as always.

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend, dear Mon.

much love,
    -maria

• Mandy says:

Bookshelves are my favorite thing, love these photos,my favorite is the one with all the frames on the floor, so great.

• We got rid of our TV years ago, and filled our home with bookcases and books. Love all your images, but I think my favorite is the one with the orange chandelier.

• loved this post. I have a bookcase full. I especially love those without bindings like in a few of your shots. wonderful.

• I absolutely adore that cherry table with the casters and the beautiful chair next to it. I’m coveting them.

• Gaia says:

Hi darling!
    How are you!
    Sorry for my lack on visit enad comments!

I love books, I have books all over and I will always hav them around. My Mr B love to read and we just bought a wall bookcase for our treasure!

I wish I had more time to do it! In summer I read more …

Have a nice week (almost finished!)!