Jan
2010

Before And After

Before and after pictures are always so fun to look at! Don’t you think? Hope you find some inspiration here.

A wonderful move-in-ready living room without the stuff. A blank canvas to work with.

This homeower kept the traditional bones and the neutral color scheme but actually made some serious changes like adding all new Herringbone high glossed hardwood floors, crown mouldings, elegant mesh built-ins and a wonderful window seat with built in cubbies for the firewood.  (I would have added a rug though, to warm it up a little). Love the chairs!

This room gets my favorite makeover. Here is a fabulous room that with its hand-me-down furniture and neglected style needs some love.

Much cozier and more interesting!  The tall white bookcases with the bold accent color behind the sofa and the carefully handpicked furnishings really pull the room together. I don’t think that I would dare to go with that green wall color myself- but it works!

Here you have a white, stark dining room that I think would at least make my guests  nervous! Nice furniture but no warmth & personality.

The guests will not leave now! The same furniture but with a lot more texture and color. Love the new settee! The vintage dining chairs got new slipcovers and the window new coverings. I really like  how they took wall paper panels  and attached them to the wall. An easy & inexpensive way to add some color and interest to a room.

For being a guest room, this room feels pretty impersonal and not very welcoming.

A much cheerier  room and definitely more of a retreat. The striped rug gives the room a much needed punch and I like the 2 rug effect. Note how they wallpapered the ceiling.

Images via House & Home
Written by Splendid Willow in: Before & After | Tags:

Hej !!
    Det är alltid roligt att se före och efterbilder. Men det är inte alltid som jag tycker att det blev som jag ville :)
    Det första rummet du visar gillar jag och där skulle jag vilja inreda.

Ha det underbart !

Kram

• Amazing redo! I love it! So warm and cozy!

• Jenna says:

Monika! thank you, you are so very sweet!!

Ok I love before and afters. The first room shown is amazing empty, the architectural details, I die. That is my dream space right there. The window nook is very clever. I love the overall airy light feel, with the exception of the flat screen on the fireplace…hmmm. :)

• EM Dixon says:

Love it! Especially love the accent color in the bookcases in the den – really draws out the potential of a boring small space! Who is the designer??

• Courtney says:

I LOVE before and afters! That new dining room looks like the perfect place to talk and laugh into the wee hours of the morning. The new guest room is so soft and stylish, anyone would be lucky to wake up in such a pretty room!

• I love Before and Afters, too. And I agree that I think the second one gets the prize for most dramatic difference – although, like you, I don’t think I could live with so much intensity of color. But, others can. And it works beautifully. Oh, Mon, I’ve missed you while I’ve been gone..! Great picks here, as always.

xoxo,
    -maria

• I love these before + afters — the first one in particular! I adore the flooring and chairs :)

• I love it all, thanks for sharing!

• the first set is my fav. love what they did with the space. the storage for firewood is so clever! happy weekend love.

• Giovanna says:

that living room with the funky carpet is hands-down the best makeover. makes me feel like i may be able to make my existing furniture work somehow in my new place. love them all!

• ooooo I love before and afters! the first one is simply amazing!
    p.s. glad you liked the kitty! 😉 have a fabulous weekend! xo

Oh absolutely! I adore before and after projects, be that interiors or personal appearance. Always inspiring!

That dining room is great – so many details and the yellow & cognac colour scheme is lovely. Not at all styles I would marry but it worked out so well.
    The bedroom is also nice – the colours and patterned ceiling really gave it a lift.

Tusen tack my dear! xCharlotta

• Anna-Malin says:

det är bara jag som är här och smyger…;)

älskar tapeten i taket i gästrummet…mmmm…

vi hörs!!

kram
    a-m

• I LOVE that second image! I’m in LOVE with the floors. Such a lovely post.

xo,
    Crystal

• Those before and afters are all fantastic. But that second one — with the addition of the built-in shelving – is really amazing.

• Kristin says:

I am swooning over that gorgeous window seat!