Dec
2009

Have Yourself A Stylish Little Christmas

Happy Monday wonderful blog friends. Are your homes all decked out for the winter holiday yet? With us going to California for Thanksgiving and now little William’s broken arm (Thank you so much for all your wonderful e-mails and calls & gifts! You have no idea how much they mean to the whole family), we have not managed to even get a single little pinecone inside the house, until this weekend. The house finally smells and looks a little festive. Here are some images that might inspire you to to try something new this holiday.

Love everything in the image above. So my style. (Image via Elle Interior)

Images via: Homes & Gardens Uk

Images via Martha Stewart Living

Image via PointClickHome

I love, love, love this image with the branches in the vase and the carefully selected ornaments.

Images via House & Home
Written by Splendid Willow in: Holidays & Celebrations |

• lotta says:

I love the square wreath and the bouquet of greenery on the front door. I hope little William is feeling better – and you too.

• Courtney says:

Oooh, that first photo is perfect for my place! We have more free tabletop space than floor space. I love how placing the tree on the table adds height to a smaller tree. Great ideas, all around.

• kiki alvord says:

Oooh, how sweet all these idea are!!! How I wish I had the time and energy to do any of them this year, but the move to Sweden is taking all my time and the new website which soon is done. Take a peek http://www.swedishheirlooms.com/newSite/test5.htm

It is so much more fun to decorate when your children are small and still home. Enjoy while it lasts and now I look forward to do it again one day, with grandchildren coming to Mormor and Morfar in Sweden for the best Holiday in the year. GOD JUL! Extra hug to William for tomorrow!!
    KIKI

Hej !
    Tack för idéerna ! Några av dem kan säkert komma till nytta. Jag funderar på att ha en liten gran hemma i år också. Det ser så fint ut :)
    Hoppas att William mår bättre nu.

Kram

• Di Overton says:

Beautifully put together.

• Monika says:

Thank you girlies! I have been so busy with Prince William and have had no chance to leave any comments in the blog world for the last week or so. I promise, you will all hear from me soon! Cyber hug, Monika

Hallå där!
    You find the best inspiration!!
    I adore the table-top-tree, as well as the festive branches. I LOVE branches and twigs for Xmas. Have since moving to Sydney preferred this to a traditional pine tree, which I find works better in a cold climate.

Though being in my mother’s house this Christmas is simply fabulous, I do miss decorating our own home this year.. Especially now that I read this post..

Love and hugs to you and William. Let’s try to call eachother before Lucia. KRAM xCharlotta

• Ingunn says:

Thank you for your comment on by blog! I love the pictures you show.

I will visit you soon again.

Have a nice evening. :)

Ingunn

• Hi Monica!
    Catching up on my blog stuff this week…Hope the little guys arm is healing up ok!!!!! These are some great no clutter Christmas pictures, I really enjoyed them especially the first one, the ornate room with the simple tree……Lovely. Have a great time in Ca…Safe trip.
    Maryanne:)

• koralee says:

Oh my friend…I am in love with your blog. I had to add it to my blogroll so I will not miss a single post. I so love all your Christmas images ….they are so lovely makes me want to sing Jingle Bells. The last one is beautiful…I love displaying my cards. Your sweet peace decoration is on my tree and you do not know how happy it make me..I would love to find a few more. I will take a photo and post it next week. A million thanks again. We are off to shop in Seattle tomorrow. Do you have a shop in the area? Have a great weekend. So sorry to hear about your son…hope he is managing ok.

• vicky says:

Your holiday design is beautiful! I enjoyed the house journey.

• jenna says:

The spread for that first image was AMAZING! Loved it, great color palette….wishing I had that home!