Nov
2009

Garden Table

You have heard me babble about a good table for my plants and orchids in the past. This image has been making its rounds in blog land but I simply can’t let go of it. Sigh! Let’s all go on a hunt for a perfect metal, industrial looking garden table, to bring inside for a unique plant display. So simple. So lovely. And the weathered pots too.

Via Apartment Therapy

Don’t forget this week’s giveaway! You can end up as a winner!

Written by Splendid Willow in: Just Because I Like It |

I love this, such a great idea.

• DesignTies says:

Great looking table and plants, and I love the quote. It’s so true — having plants in your home really adds life and character. Just have to remember to water them!! 😉

A collection of herbs on a table like this would be great. Fresh oregano and basil and thyme and other ingredients for cooking right there at your fingertips. Not to mention the wonderful scents :-)

Kelly

Wonderful – like a Tuscan dream with an industrial twist!
    Tres chic.
    xCharlotta

• kiki alvord says:

Wonderful bouquette of greens, I can already smell the aromas from all those lovely herbs, but… where are the saucers??? Can not water them without, not inside at least.
    Practical KIKI

Very cool! I really like plants in a cluster format. I will copy the idea.

• It’s beautiful…the table, the slightly unruly plants, the mossy pots, the wood floors, and that insanely beautiful light streaming in from all that glass… Perfection.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Monika…

xoxo,
    -maria

• This is beautiful. I’m in the middle of re-doing our garden so I’m obsessing about all garden things. I’m thinking of doing all kinds of topiaries. This is great inspiration. I like the idea of adding a little industrial feel to the garden as well.

Brooke

• I can think of a dozen things to do with that table! Just wait and it will end up at Restoration Hardware!!!!!
    I like the choice of greenery on it.

• Trish says:

I have on of those Wisteria zinc ball tables with a big iron bird cage on top that I’d love to bring indoors. You’ve done a pretty good job convincing me of that with this photo! And thank you for the lovely comment today. Means alot to me. Merci, Trish

• Diana says:

This is such a lovely image! It makes me feel cool as we experience the third of an expected nine day stretch of +35 degrees celcius in South Australia!!!

Also, thanks for your kind words on my blog. I will enjoy following yours too!

Diana

• Shanon says:

Thank you for stopping by! =) Wow, your blog is amazing! I don’t think I have seen this photo, but it grabbed me for sure. It’s so me. I have more plants in my livingroom then I should, but they just breath life into a place. And now I will lust over it… a big table devoted just for them. *sigh* hehehe