Oct
2009

Object Of Desire

I am not a jealous person at heart. Far from it. But I am a tad envious of this fabulous Salvation Army find. This chest of drawers just makes me drool. The lucky owners have the best home for the dresser that nobody saw or wanted.  I am so going to pay a visit to a local consignment shop this weekend. Wish you all could come with me!

Image: Martha Stewart

Written by Splendid Willow in: Chic on a Budget,Lovely Furniture |

• I love it…and I that wall color and the wood on the ceiling – such soothing combination..! I love a good find at a consignment shop – it’s the best!

-maria

• Courtney says:

Very cute dresser. It looks right at home in that airy room. Have fun shopping! You never know what you’ll find – I love it.

• Monika says:

Maria & Courtney, I will probably end up with nothing… It is always when you are not looking, that you’ll find the best. But I am still hopeful! Happy week! OX, Monika

• lotta says:

Wish very much that I could come along! Good luck. (Love the dresser!)

• Brook says:

I wish I could come with you too!! :)

• kiki says:

So many childhood memories from Swedish homes in the 60s. You have to go to Stockholm to “the ANTS”, Myrorna you know, they have these rather often.
    Good Hunting!
    KIKI

• It has great lines. I just scored a dresser that I painted and am using as a buffet. I just love it. It was in a garage like junk shop. Sometimes you just have to pull over to the side of the road when you see stuff with possibilities..

40s yes?
    My grand mother had almost an identical dresser in her bedroom. Love the piece in this room – the wood against the duck-egg blue looks so nice!
    Hope you had a fun day at the consignment shop this weekend! I am about to do the same as I am on the hunt for a cheap but good sofa table for our TV room.
    Charlotta xx

• Monika says:

Thank you dear blog friends! I will let yo know what I fill the garage with (: ! Monika.