Oct
2009

Lovely Bedrooms

This post is for Sophie in France who I have had the great pleasure to get to know via this amazing blog world. She is putting in hardwood floors in her master bedroom, which I so salute, and was looking for inspiration in terms of rugs and hardwood floor combinations and color schemes. Sophie, here are some of my personal faves and I hope that you might find something that inspires you!

I love everything about this room! And this carpet/rug like would look fantastic on any kind of hardwood floors. (I personally would have picked a contemporary bed light but that is just me).

A like the balance of the rug and the wooden floors here. I am always a frozen Popsicle when I wake up in the morning and the last thing I want to do is to step on cold hardwood floors (but I’d rather take that than wall-to-wall carpeting that is not appealing to me for many reasons). This allows me to wake up during a few steps before I hit the wood! (But I guess as plan B, I could resort to some good slippers…)

Since you live close to Paris Sophie, invest in a nice old bust. It is still on my wish list!

This is the bedroom of the famous designer Darryl Carter. I absolutely love, love this room! Look at all the wonderful details – and yet it does not feel contrived. The leather doors as panels are amazing.

Now here is another great solution. Large cow hides one each side instead of carpets.

No carpet at all. But the image with eclectic furnishings was so lovely that I had to show it anyway!

If you are looking for more color, then here is a room to be happy in.

I know that Sophie’s wall color is more towards yellow/gold. I think this room is wonderful. Both organic and chic. (And the beautiful throw ties it all together).

Fresh and crisp. And large rugs on each side. Don’t skimp on the rugs, people!

Vicente Wolf is another fantastic designer who knows what he is doing. I have a crush on that iconic leather chair.

Wow! A secret bedroom in the bedroom!

Borderline too conservative for me. But oh so pretty. And I love the texture of the rug.

Just add a splash of color – and you have a new room.

Chic indeed. And the wonderful wall display in the background needs to be copied.

How lovely with a large and functional seating/conversation area in the grand master bedroom.

Now, dear blog friends – any bedroom that you fancy?

Images from: 1) Skona Hem, 2) House Beautiful, 3)  Flickr, 4) Elle Decor,  5) Flickr, 6) Elle Decor,  7) Elle Decor, 8 + 9) Charleston Magazine, 10) Living Etc. 11) Living Etc. 12) Veranda, 13) Flickr 14) Flickr, 15) Veranda, 16) Flickr, 17) Elle Decor , 18) Metropolitan Home , 19) Flickr

Written by Splendid Willow in: Lovely Rooms | Tags:

• Monika,

You did an amazing job showing all those beautiful pictures!
    I am sure Sophie will find a lot of inspiration for her bedroom! Even I did!
    Great post!

• Anna-Malin says:

Hej! (skriver på svenska, hoppas det är ok!)

Vad kul att du hittade till mig, så jag hittade hit!!

Vilken kavalkad av godbitar du bjuder på. Fanns många favoriter här! Dörrarna av läder, rummet utan matta, den ljuvliga sänggaveln med fjärilar på – I like =)
    Vårt sovrum är pyttelitet….En dubbelsäng och en inbyggd garderob… Jag drömmer mig genast bort…

Ha det så gott!

/A-M

Too many nice images. My personal pick is Carter’s bedroom. Very soothing and relaxing and yet interesting. Enjoy your week. JC

• Monika says:

Anna-Malin: Thank you for stopping by! Your blog is wonderful!

JC: I know that you have very good taste – so your comments always make me extra happy!

OX, Monika – Splendid Willow

• MONIKA! I feel honoured, touched, inspired and overwhelmed all at once. Thank you for taking the time to dedicate a post to this..and I have already got my eye on lots of ideas, colours, carpets..and will send photos when final..THANK YOU..you are to good to be true..like your blog. Gunilla is coming to stay this week:)

What a wonderful post Monika!
    Like a big bag of treats – one sweeter than the next!!
    I love the very first one – it looks so comfy and dressed without being stuffy.
    Those leather doors with the studs in picture 4… OMG how fab aren’t they!! I think this is my favourite of them all.
    Am also a fan of the light airy and white no 7 – the old cranium with horns is fantastic! The bedding in no. 8! Black leather chair in no 12 and the slanted/pitched ceiling in no 13!!
    Also like the eccentricity of no 14, and how that ‘ball chandelier’ is perfectly hung in context of the artwork behind..
    Fantastic collection – you have such a good eye and I feel so inspired!
    Thank you. KRAM xCharlotta

• Monika says:

Sophie & Charlotta! You are the ladies w. great taste! Enjoy your week! Monika

• Wow, Monika..! You’ve outdone yourself with this collection – so many textures and exquisite colors…! I, of course, adore the two from Elle Decor – I love the simplcisity of all the white paired with warm wood tones… but they are all quite stunning in their own right.

xoxo,
    -maria

• kiki says:

You’ve done it again, a whole new book of bedrooms should be the next!!! Super good ideas! I had a tugg at my heart in room 11 seing that wooden pinsofa….I grew up with one like that but blue…my brother has it now and also incidentaly the leather armchair but upholstered, which is a Hans Wegner chair “Bamse”, but you knew that I bet.
    Kram KIKI

• Gaia says:

I still have to decide what I love the most: kitchens or bedrooms?
    At the moment I know that I love the one from flickr!
    Thanks for always being so kind!

• jenna says:

Beautiful images, great inspiration!

• Wow, Mon, you’ve really outdone yourself with this post! There is so much loveliness, I’ve scrolled up and down a million times! If I had to choose, I would have to say 3, 17, & 18. Fantastic post!

• Ooh, some lovely bedrooms!Thanks for the inspiration x

• Purple Area says:

Gorgeous bedrooms, so much inspiration!

• Lovely bedrooms, really gorgeous!

• Monika says:

Thank you all! You are the best! And you are all sooo knowledgeable & design savvy. You are my inspiration! OX, Monika.

P.S Kikki, Bamse! That is too funny! That is a famous Swedish kids’ cartoon.