The styles may vary but you can be sure to find the following design elements in a Stockholm apartment:
- White. Swedes embrace gallons and gallons of white paint.
- Hardwood floors with individual rugs (we stopped using wall to wall carpeting decades ago).
- State of the art kitchens (yep, nearly all of family & friends back home have fab kitchens!).
- State of the art bathrooms.
- Books! (See my earlier post).
- A great mix of old and new. Just look at that old Swedish wood burning stove and the old beams. A true Swede will rather have no furniture at all than to get rid of historical elements.