Oct
2009

Handmade Paper Cut-Outs

In a time of computer-generated communication, paper takes us back to the basic. It can be typed on, written on and read and, best of all, treasured for years to come.

Image: Inside Out

As a continuation of my last post about postcards…I am so charmed by this image with the large paper cut-outs on the wall. I have written about the Etsy store PaperCutDieCut before but I never realized that some of their paper cuts are quite large. Look at them again – all cut by hand!

Everybody who knows me well knows that I am not a big fan of anything plastic and mass produced. I have always been drawn to unique, different and handmade objects in earthy materials. To me this is lovely!

Here are a few other art pieces from their store.

Written by Splendid Willow in: Home Goods & Accessories | Tags:

• kiki says:

Dear MON,
    I really love this very difficult line of art to perform!What calm and unbelievable patients these artist must have!! They are lovely!
    KIKI

I don’t understand how people can make these amazing things. I can’t even draw… Monika, you always find the coolest stuff. Cheers from NY!

• Brook says:

Paper crafts…. my favorite!!! Thanks for choosing these to post Monika, they are absolutely beautiful. And more importantly, UNIQUE! Off to check out that Etsy shop…

Amazing! The skill involved to achieve that fine almost transparent texture.
    They almost look like ‘dried flowers’.

Wonderful find. Thank you.

xCharlotta

• Di Overton says:

These are truly beautiful. What patience it must take to make them.

• These are incredible… I recently came across a Swedish artist’s work (I’ll have to look back in my files) – phenomenal. The artistry and talent that it takes to make these is just unbelievable. I love that first photo, by the way – all those textures…it works beautiful with the paper cut-outs.
    -maria

• My mother is an artist and she does paper cutting just like these. You are so right – it’s so nice to see pieces made my human hands in this day and age!

• These are so beautiful! It is a real work of art!

• larkyn says:

Wow these are gorgeous. Love the minimal black and white.